View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Terraformers 

So they add 1 to all resources, to a maximum of 15XMR. I've been gone so long I forgot something. If I've got Research at 15XMR, can I still use one to increase my artifact and mining, or will it not increase anything since one resource is already maxed out? Thanks.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Won't work is any stat is 15x or higher.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:04 pm

If you want all 3 to get to 15x, it's better to even out the stats before you start using it. Although I suppose in the long run it doesn't really matter that much.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
If you want all 3 to get to 15x, it's better to even out the stats before you start using it. Although I suppose in the long run it doesn't really matter that much.

yeah, evening out planetary richness is a *MUCH* more productive use of the racial abilities (talth, mylarai, kronyn) than taking an individual richness to 15x ... as long as you are getting terraformers regularly. evening out first also makes the most efficient uses of thraccti tributes and scruuge gifts.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:02 am
Profile WWW

On a side note, discounting the rift/dyson/exotic/other invulnerable planets where you put your highest producing artifacts, does it really make a difference to even out all of your production?

In other words, for a "normal" planet, wouldn't it make more sense to concentrate your resources on improving one (or 2) of the resources and just loading artis up that concentrate on that one or two, rather than getting all 3 up there?

Sure, something like a hypergate will produce a bit more of the "ignored" production on that planet, but might it not be a better idea to just use the resources to even out that production on a planet dedicated to it?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:25 pm

if you are making x22 artifact planets, you might as well go all in and make them x 17 / x22 / x17 (x19 with the new artifacts from this season)

a planet like this one,

basickly makes the same as 1 VL x16 toxic + 1 x22 artifact planet and 1/2 x17 plasma planet

so doing this basickly saves you 1.5 planet slots, compaired to only maxing 1 score

but the real bonus is, instead of having to cloak 3 difrent planets to keep them safe, you only have to take 1 planet to 30K+ cloak, and that saves you limited cloak% structures

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:57 pm

DarkMar wrote:
if you are making x22 artifact planets, you might as well go all in and make them x 17 / x22 / x17 (x19 with the new artifacts from this season)

but the real bonus is, instead of having to cloak 3 difrent planets to keep them safe, you only have to take 1 planet to 30K+ cloak, and that saves you limited cloak% structures

I am no where near as efficient as DarkMar but on average, my 22x planets make between 350 and 700 (mp and/or rp when maxed).

Almost every artifact producing building cross-produces mining and/or research. As Dark said each of these is that many less research/mining specific planet you have to take. While I won't hold off on making a good planet 15/20/15 or VR/20/2, I am slowly upgrading all my my maxed AP planets to max RP (since optimizers are easy enough to find) as well as at the very least matching AP/RP (same reason) and whenever possible, getting MP the same as AP.

It is just long term efficiency. It is not worth worrying about mining enough to be Mylarai. There is no reason for Kyroyn other than the medal. Talth I'll use to move some of the lower than 15x AP planets with high MP and/or RP since I am not ready to start paying for abandons.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:54 pm

it not even optimized, just

Adumbrate Station Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 200
Adumbrate Station Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 200
Captured T.O. Harvester IV Mining: 2, Artifact: 1, Population: 1000
Hypergate Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2
Perimeter Station Artifact: 2, Population: 100, Defense: 200
Perimeter Station Artifact: 2, Population: 100, Defense: 200
HyperSensor Satellite Research: 2, Artifact: 2
T.O. Manufacturing Core Mining: 2, Artifact: 2
Scruuge Lab Mining: 1, Research: 2, Artifact: 1, Attack: 300
Relay Tower Research: 1, Artifact: 1
Polychoron Vault Mining Storage: 1000, Artifact Storage: 1000, Research Storage: 1000
Galactic Concord Station II Mining: 2, Artifact: 2, Defense: 20%
Uldri Anomaly Crystal Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 200, Bonus Research: 5%
Tejiar Ally HQ Mining: 2, Artifact: 2, Cloak: 5%
Ergosphere Filter Cloak: 150, Cloak: 20%
Adaptive Spire Artifact: 2
Adaptive Spire Artifact: 2
Crimson Rift Aperture Artifact: 1, Attack: 400, Cloak: 200
Isolation Bureau Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Cloak: 400
Scruuge Calibration Chamber Mining: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 400
Silthion T-Plasma Vesicle Research: 3, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 300
Raix Bunker II Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Defense: 2016
Raix Refinery II Mining: 3, Artifact: 3, Cloak: 400
Litheor Core-Tunnel Mining: 3, Cloak: 23%
Quantum Accelerator (100% Upgrade) Artifact: 4, Cloak: 300
Quantum Accelerator (100% Upgrade) Artifact: 4, Cloak: 300
Zolazin Analyzer Research: 1, Artifact: 1
Zolazin Analyzer Research: 1, Artifact: 1
Polaron Emitter Mining: 1, Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 100, Cloak: 15%
Hyperforge Fabricator Artifact: 12
Hyperforge Fabricator Artifact: 12
Chuhn Trading Post Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Population: 4000
Toxic Processing Plant Mining: 3, Artifact: 2, Attack: 30%
Orbital Stabilizer Artifact: 2, Bonus Mining: 14%
Tej-Brask Refueling Depot II Mining: 6, Artifact: 1, Defense: 1000
Fornax Jewel Mining: 4, Bonus Mining: 10%
Uldri Crystal Field Defense: 1000, Bonus Production: 5%
Intraphasic Hoveroid Bonus Production: 5%
Uldri Power Node Research: 1, Bonus Artifact: 5%
Cognizant Omniforge Mining: 1, Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Bonus Production: 5%
Archotage Transmitter Artifact: 1, Cloak: 200, B Population: 40%
Anti-Grav Repulsor Mining: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 15%, Defense: 15%
Scruuge Hoarding Vault IV Artifact: 3, Artifact Storage: 7000
Scruuge Hoarding Vault IV Artifact: 3, Artifact Storage: 7000
Vaash Holomatrix Research: 2, Cloak: 100, Bonus Research: 7%
Litheor Deep-Phase Probe Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Population: 900, Cloak: 150
Litheor Deep-Phase Probe Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Population: 900, Cloak: 150

so can easily squeeze a bit more out of it, if I replace the Zolazin Analyzer/Relay Tower /Polychoron Vault/Isolation Bureau/HyperSensor Satellite/Hyperforge Fabricator with other structures that have higher artifact output or mixed output like the new Lepus Bio-Mech Hypergate (size 1, Mining: 3, Research: 3, Artifact: 1, B Population: 60%)

main point is, a lot of the artifact you put on a planet like this one to increase your artifact production and cloak, also give you mining and/or recearch
so maxing mining and recearch on it as well makes sure you get maximum efect from those structures

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:46 pm

I can see the benefits of having higher production across all 3...I just wonder, especially as I'm a relatively low rank player still (high 300s) and don't have a ton of terraformers/PDOs etc whether it makes more sense to just optimize for one planet and concentrate that type of resources on that planet until I'm at a point where I can go back and "fill in" as it were...

I may not wind up with as many over 15x (or 3x really, given tributes) but would get faster production earlier by concentrating on a specific type of planet. (For example, getting my gas planets up to 15x research for plasma instead of improving a toxic planet for research...)

ODragon wrote:
There is no reason for Kyroyn other than the medal.

I went Kronyn as my first unlockable race (and in fact before I did most of the "stock" races) since I knew research would make a much bigger difference earlier rather than later so might as well get the most bang for the buck.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 pm

i did Kronyn for about 6 months and don't ever plan on going back to it. but in those 6 months, i matched research richness to arti richness on about 20 planets ... enough to keep my project artis in business for many more months. i also did Mylarai for about 8 months after that. since i still have many arti.focused planets where mining is the lowest richness, Mylarai might still be an option for me in the future. going back and 'filling in' is more costly then, as you will require LONGER periods as that race to uplift fewer planets.

the point of evening all the resources earlier (on planets that you intend to take to 22x) is that it maximizes the benefit of terraformers and cross-resource structures. it also gives you flexibility in case a few of those planets are stolen from you. at lower ranks, that is a much higher risk since you haven't gotten the npc / mission artis to adequately protect most of your planets. putting all your eggs into one 15x basket might maximize your production ... but it also maximizes your heartache if you lose that planet to a random higher.ranked scan. by evening out many of my planets ... i have a wide variety of choices when i get sufficient artis to make my next project planet. then it gets cloaked and uplifted all in one go.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

Texas Toast wrote:
I can see the benefits of having higher production across all 3...I just wonder, especially as I'm a relatively low rank player still (high 300s) and don't have a ton of terraformers/PDOs etc whether it makes more sense to just optimize for one planet and concentrate that type of resources on that planet until I'm at a point where I can go back and "fill in" as it were...

depends on what you want the planet to produce

if you just want mining or recearch you dont realy need to wast tarraformers or to even out scores
kill NPC's and you can easily make a x15/x16 mining VL Toxic using, Toxic Purifiers or a x17 recearch plasma planet using Planet Data Optimizer/Tribute of the Stars

if you kill enougth NPC, those planets will be so easy to make for you, that soner or later you wont even bother to defend or cloak them
so save your terraformers for your artifact planet projects

the planets where you want to even out the scores and max production are those you plane to turn into x22 artifact planets
Oceanic (melters), crystal or Gaia planets are perfect for this as on those you get size 1, artifact 2 from Adaptive Spires
but basickly any transformation artifact can be used

if you wasted your limited transformation artifacts, you can still make as many x16 / x21 / x16 Demon planets as you want
or if you dont want to pay for QSE's you can even make x15/x20/x17 colossal plasma planets

the "extra" planets slots you get from optimizing your project planets so you dont need recearch or mining planets (or very few of them), you can then fill with crap planets that can give you 200+ artifact production pr hour

the trick here is, theire is basickly nothing on this planet worth stealing.
but 5 planets like this one will still give you an extra 1000 AP's pr hour,
and should you lose one of them replacing it with something else that makes 200+ AP's pr hour wont be a problem
and could proberly get production on that one up to around 250 to 300 AP's pr hour if/when I replace one of the Hyperforge Fabricator with TC lab artifacts and easy to get NPC drops

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]