View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Is it possible to send GP by any way? 

SO , I was wondering if there was any way i could buy GP with CTP.. so, is there any way to send GP(via FB credits or anything)

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:18 pm
Profile WWW

Gift cards. But I would read the TOS bud.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 pm

no, you cant transfere GP's betwen accounts
and doing it with a FB gift card, would be a violation of the terms you accepted when you joined the game

http://galaxylegion.com/terms.html

Quote:
You may purchase virtual currency called Galaxy Points (“GPs”) online through the Game for use solely within the Game. You may exchange GPs for virtual goods, virtual currency, or services in the Game. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT VIRTUAL GOODS AND VIRTUAL CURRENCY HAVE NO VALUE OUTSIDE THE GAME. YOU MAY NOT SELL, TRADE, OR OTHERWISE EXCHANGE VIRTUAL GOODS OR VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR “REAL” MONEY OR ITEMS OF VALUE OUTSIDE THE GAME. We will store your GPs and other virtual goods and currency in connection with your account, and such virtual goods and currency will be treated as Materials subject to this Agreement. Price and availability of all virtual goods virtual currency, GPs, or service are subject to change without notice.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:27 pm

ToS wrote:
You may purchase virtual currency called Galaxy Points (“GPs”) online through the Game for use solely within the Game. You may exchange GPs for virtual goods, virtual currency, or services in the Game.

Guess it is allowed

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:27 pm
Profile WWW

try actualy reading it AvatarRoku

Quote:
YOU MAY NOT SELL, TRADE, OR OTHERWISE EXCHANGE VIRTUAL GOODS OR VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR “REAL” MONEY OR ITEMS OF VALUE OUTSIDE THE GAME.

then ask yourself is a FB gift card an ingame item ?

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:29 pm

DarkMar wrote:
and doing it with a FB gift card, would be a violation of the terms you accepted when you joined the game

Quote:
You may purchase virtual currency called Galaxy Points (“GPs”) online through the Game for use solely within the Game. You may exchange GPs for virtual goods, virtual currency, or services in the Game. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT VIRTUAL GOODS AND VIRTUAL CURRENCY HAVE NO VALUE OUTSIDE THE GAME. YOU MAY NOT SELL, TRADE, OR OTHERWISE EXCHANGE VIRTUAL GOODS OR VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR “REAL” MONEY OR ITEMS OF VALUE OUTSIDE THE GAME. We will store your GPs and other virtual goods and currency in connection with your account, and such virtual goods and currency will be treated as Materials subject to this Agreement. Price and availability of all virtual goods virtual currency, GPs, or service are subject to change without notice.

I dont see where it says gift cards aren't allowed :?

Toruk_Makto, i just noticed, i didnt see the option of using "Gift Cards" in the GP buying section

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

DarkMar wrote:
try actualy reading it AvatarRoku

Quote:
YOU MAY NOT SELL, TRADE, OR OTHERWISE EXCHANGE VIRTUAL GOODS OR VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR “REAL” MONEY OR ITEMS OF VALUE OUTSIDE THE GAME.

then ask yourself is a FB gift card an ingame item ?

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:32 pm

DarkMar wrote:

Quote:

Toruk_Makto, i just noticed, i didnt see the option of using "Gift Cards" in the GP buying section

But Dark is right bud. It is a stretch to use gift cards.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:37 pm

DarkMar wrote:

Quote:

Heads up dude....

From Zeno Effect (Me) wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Facebook <noreply@facebookmail.com> wrote:
Dear developer,

A Facebook user (N/A) has sent a message to the developers of Galaxy Legion (N/A).

User email: N/A
UserAgent: N/A
Additional details:
Hi I am William (Last name removed),

there has been an ongoing debate in groups and in the forums about what you can trade CTP for. Since I am an admin of a couple trading groups I would like to put an end to the debate.

I would like to ask....can you trade CTP for forum banners, group banners, other graphic design services, Facebook game cards and other real world items. I have read the ToS and as far as I understand the answer is a very clear no, you can not use in game currency to pay for any real world services but many still are trying to debate this.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate any and all reply I can get on this matter, thank you.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

From WebGuyDan wrote:
Dan (Last name removed)
To me Jul 25, 2014
Hi,

No, you cannot.

Dan has, and will, ban players who sell in game items for real world things....including FB game cards. Debate now ended, farther attempts at trading in such ways are at ones own risk.

NOTE: I removed all personal information to comply with forum rules but here is your answer that has been cleared up almost a full year ago.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Zeno. Debate.....ended.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:09 am

Quote:
.can you trade CTP for forum banners, group banners, other graphic design services

Does this means you can't ask someone to design a banner, sig, or something like that, and pay them CTP ???

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:42 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Quote:
.can you trade CTP for forum banners, group banners, other graphic design services

Does this means you can't ask someone to design a banner, sig, or something like that, and pay them CTP ???

Yes, that is exactly what this means. It was one of the services offered for CTP awhile ago that sparked the whole debate. Fact is virtual services such as webdesign (which is what I do), custom and unique graphic design, CC0 graphic design, site hosting, etc. all have real word value that people can, and do, make a living off of so trading CTP for these services violates the ToS of GL.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:52 am
Profile WWW

Roddenberry1 wrote:
Thank you Zeno. Debate.....ended.

it not a Debate, AvatarRoku just cant read and understand the ToS...

the answer to my question to AvatarRoku (witch should be aperent to all) is ofcourse FB doesn't = GL, so whatever you can buy on FB that can also be used in other games is NOT an ingame item for GL

but a few players might still have gotten away with it over the years

Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:54 am

You can purchase a gift card for someone, but it'd be exactly that. A gift. You wouldn't be allowed to ask for or declare anything in return for it.

As for giving something in return for signatures and avatars, I'd say it's a long standing tradition that extends outside GL. Personally I see no issue with it and I wouldn't understand if Dan did.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 am

ActualFate wrote:
You can purchase a gift card for someone, but it'd be exactly that. A gift. You wouldn't be allowed to ask for or declare anything in return for it.

As for giving something in return for signatures and avatars, I'd say it's a long standing tradition that extends outside GL. Personally I see no issue with it and I wouldn't understand if Dan did.

Other games may accept sig banners in exchange for in game items but GL does not. Again, refer to the email posted that I got from dan nearly a year ago clearing up this exact issue/debate/discussion that raged for days back around the time of the email.

EDIT: Changed "whatever" to "in game items" to be more clear.

Last edited by Zeno Effect on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 am
Profile WWW

theire are no rule in the ToS that state that you cant trade signatures, avatars and other items that have nothing to do with GL for other items outside GL....

the rules in the ToS only aplies when you are trading in-game items, and you can't sell those for services that have value outside GL

Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:05 am

DarkMar wrote:
theire are no rule in the ToS that state that you cant trade signatures, avatars and other items that have nothing to do with GL for other items outside GL....

the rules in the ToS only aplies when you are trading in-game items, and you can't sell those for services that have value outside GL

It does imply that 'selling your sig design service' for CTP is 'trading in-game items for service that have value outside GL'

The part 'have value outside GL' is kinda vague, though, since most of the sig is GL themed - legion name, ship name, etc.
But you can use the sig outside GL, especially if it does not contain GL-specific stuffs...

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:10 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
DarkMar wrote:

It does imply that 'selling your sig design service' for CTP is 'trading in-game items for service that have value outside GL'

The part 'have value outside GL' is kinda vague, though, since most of the sig is GL themed - legion name, ship name, etc.
But you can use the sig outside GL, especially if it does not contain GL-specific stuffs...

Guys, there is no imply or vague answer when you read the email I posted here. Dan clearly states "No, you can not." do any of the things I asked him which includes graphic sig design. Please stop trying to suggest that there is any question to if you can or can not trade in game items/currency for anything AT ALL that exists outside the game.

Very clearly this is the ToS, does it exist outside the game and does it have any type of potential value.....yes and/or yes? Then it can not be traded for in game things.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:59 am
Profile WWW

Zeno Effect wrote:
Guys, there is no imply or vague answer when you read the email I posted here. Dan clearly states "No, you can not." do any of the things I asked him which includes graphic sig design. Please stop trying to suggest that there is any question to if you can or can not trade in game items/currency for anything AT ALL that exists outside the game.

Very clearly this is the ToS, does it exist outside the game and does it have any type of potential value.....yes and/or yes? Then it can not be traded for in game things.

Agreed....BUT.... Things like FB giftcards are clearly a TOS violation. So is creating banners/sigs, etc HOWEVER, in that case there is a lengthy and well documented past where players did just exactly that for other players. Just check any of the artists' guild threads or threads hawking banners for sale. In many cases the artist will even display the banner he has created in the thread itself and state what the buyer paid him in xxxxx amount of CTP. Perhaps it's lucky Dan very, very rarely visits the forums after all :? At least for the artists in question. Alternatively, he is aware that this happens and is OK with it. I'm referring to creating banners here NOT using FB giftcards to shuffle CTP between players and/or accounts which is clearly a violation and I have to believe would lead to banishment if a player were discovered doing such.

I guess what I'm saying is that Dan is quite likely aware that banners are, or at least were, traded for CTP in the past. The creators and buyers have both stated so in the forums in the past. Unless he has banned all of them (which he has not because individual artists have created multiple banners over a considerable time span and been paid in CTP as an on-going matter-of-course, then he appears to be implicitly saying that banners for CTP is OK, or at least tolerated.

Please note, I am in no way promoting this idea and agree that by the ToS it is a bannable offence. I just do not believe, to my knowledge at least, that it has ever been enforced. FB giftcards for CTP is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, though.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Maybe its because the email sent to Dan as shown up there ^^ includes several things that are ToS violations and banable offences, and much like the situation a while back wherein someone asked Dan if using the disabled persons functions on a laptop, to make the "5" key on the number pad act as your clicking device(instead of a mouse), Dan said it was a ToS violation.

He said this because the way the question was posed, was incorrectly voiced and made it seem like an autoclicker.

When you pose a query that lumps trading ctp for fb gift cards in with the same query of can i give CTP to someone that makes me a forum signature, then where do you think Dan's eyes go immediately? Straight to the fb gift cards comment.

IMO, you email Dan or Support yourself, always, so that you can use your own words to ask a question, and don't be vague with that question or include lots of different items, be specific.

For the CTP for Signature things from the past, one could argue, that the reason they weren't banned for that, was because a fair few said, payment wasn't necessary, but if you wanted to make a donation of CTP as a thanks, sort of thing.

Either way, do your own querying to Dan, to ensure you get the correct answer to the "specific" question, you want answered.

When it comes to subject matter that could land you in Ban-City, it doesn't make sense to ask people who can only interpret what the ToS allow or don't allow. Only Dan can tell you such things directly.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next