View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Lutuma Chronicles ! 

Yes, Necromancer in EotS finished one completion, and then scanned afterwards to confirm you can get more so long as the effect is still active.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:28 pm

senatorhung wrote:
Aegis wrote:
I haven't yet started the Litheor chain, and the text is indeed different. Trovar Zane does not appear; the dialogue is just between me and an unnamed member of my race (currently Silixxx).

thanks for this Aegis ... notes added to the wiki.

anyone else other than Sillixx or Litheor see anything different ?

I got zane to apear and havent done the litheor chain, race is ulrudi

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:57 pm

senatorhung wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
I need someone who has done a mega scan today, to let me know if they amassed a bunch of the artifact needed, but if they then disappeared from cargo after you completed the mission.

Ideally this will come from someone that scanned and got like 50+ of the artifact, finished their scan and then did the mission afterwards.

I'm asking this because i have at least 1 report wherein a person reported losing their additional nanosheared weapon scans, albeit they said it was just the one which disappeared upon completing the mission today, as they only had 1 extra at the time(collected more after completing the mission today, which are still there though).

Which would confirm the need to re-visit the mission daily, as stated in the comm chatter.

Nanosheared Weapon Scans (Uses Left: 31)

Enigmatic Destruction
0 / 20
Completion Level: 1 of 11

notes: i did 1 round of the mission before continuing to scan. then i completed the mission AFTER i had stopped scanning.

*MY* question to the crowd:

did anyone complete the mission and THEN continued to scan for signatures ? i am thinking that the mission briefing might preclude that possibility ...

also, keep an eye on the mission briefing tomorrow to see if anything changes ... they might 'narrow' down the search parameters each day ... which would make it an interesting escalating challenge to complete ! if that happens, we could be looking at a 1:1 EM to ctp trading ratio sometime in the next 2 weeks lol ...

In the name of science (and loving the idea of being a guinea pig) I scanned for 20, completed mission, activated Kriell and scanned for another 20, completed mission again ...then continued scanning after that to collect extras, which appeared to work perfectly.
119 still in cargo several hours later.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Im guessing that if the weapon scans were to dissappear it would be after Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1 times out. Id rather have it that way than say after it times out the 1st time that u cant ever get weapon scans again. Did the daily and got 68 to spare from doing an lm scan run.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Location: The Dark Justice or quite possibly flux jacking your planets :)
Litheor: Related Text for those interested (Inc Trevor Zane)

We've transmitted some of the data to your ship already.

Thank you. I can see the upload records in our logs.

We'll be issuing you new uploads periodically to assist in your mission.

Trovar, can we trace the weapons used here from the debris... back to their source?

I've already reviewed much of the surface data. Unfortunately, there aren't any stable samples that can be used for sub-quantum testing.

It looks like this will have to be another standard exo-forensics job, then.

Indeed. I'll keep reviewing the new data as it comes in, however. Perhaps something will be of use for a more thorough test.

So, what do we know about the weapons used, then?

Nanosheared directional blasts suggest a weapon intended to penetrate key areas to access the outer core of the planet.

That could completely annihilate the planet surface.

Correct. Though the penetration areas are actually quite small, tectonic instability and the resulting tidal disruptions are the typical result.

What a crude way to access the core.

Yes, but not all races have our abilities for subsurface access.

Well, I guess that narrows it down slightly. Our culprit definitely isn't a fellow Litheor.

Certainly not.

It sounds like quite a specialized weapon.

We've created a profile for potential energy signatures based on the type of armament we may be looking for. It should be part of your last upload.

Where should we start our search?

Scan for planets in the area that match the signatures. The planets will likely have clear signs of weapon damage.

Any idea on what types of planets?

That's what we're trying to determine. Most likely, our culprit wouldn't fire on occupied worlds. You should focus on isolated places.

Alright. We'll see what we can find.

It is important that you return here every day or so to get the latest data upload before you return to your scans.

Yes, you mentioned that before.

The data needs to be cross-referenced with other ships performing similar sweeps to improve efficiency.

Alright. Will do.

End Transmission

Signature created by Necromancer

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:54 pm

I just completed the mission using only nano readings from yesterdays scan run. so I can confirm that they do not dissapear

Stark Tech Inside

Fri May 01, 2015 10:39 am

55 from 269 planets. Oh and a nice little dyson :D

Fri May 01, 2015 12:10 pm

avter completing the first mission 2 days ago I ran a scan of 300 plabpnets and didn't find a single nanoshear scan, but before that I was able to find one every 5-7 scans. Has anyone here ran into this issue too?

Sat May 02, 2015 11:32 am

Location: The Dark Justice or quite possibly flux jacking your planets :)
did you re-click the mission before you started scanning else you wont get the Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1 buff

Signature created by Necromancer

Sat May 02, 2015 11:38 am

Doh!.... Yeah, step through the transmission part of the mission again and then check your ship to make sure the effect has been applied BEFORE you start scanning a second time......

In case anyone is tracking.....453 planets on my last scan run.....74 Nanosheared Weapon Scans..... No Dyson, though...I want a refund :P

Sat May 02, 2015 6:36 pm

I didn't find a dyson, but did find a sentient with rings with some really nice artis on it and only 1 scan (an inactive!) - an obvious project planet.

Swooped that right up... :D

I don't have the exact numbers handy, I did somewhere between 250-300 planets scanned, and had a 20.3% return on nanoshears (if only counting the unoccupieds and not enemy helds, then it was 22.5%) - I remember those numebrs when sharing them in legion the other day.

Sat May 02, 2015 7:41 pm

i found a x20 art mega colossal oceanic < also owned by inactive> and a whole lot of crap

Sat May 02, 2015 7:59 pm

massive 15x oceanic inactive owned ... yummy but it is on the backburner since i also found a ...

COLOSSAL DYSON 32x arti

it has an occupier ... but i think i can evict him as he is slobbering drunk in tthe stairwell. waiting until tomorrow to get the extra 8% goon power to shove him out the door. already furnished, so i don't have to go shopping for too much more after i move in ;)

oh yeah, and this: Nanosheared Weapon Scans (Uses Left: 84)

and this: Stellar Cartography 1 / 10 Completion Level: 337 ... on thursday .. that completion level was missing the 33 ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat May 02, 2015 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
massive 15x oceanic inactive owned ... yummy but it is on the backburner since i also found a ...

COLOSSAL DYSON 32x arti

it has an occupier ... but i think i can evict him as he is slobbering drunk in tthe stairwell. waiting until tomorrow to get the extra 8% goon power to shove him out the door. already furnished, so i don't have to go shopping for too much more after i move in ;)

oh yeah, and this: Nanosheared Weapon Scans (Uses Left: 84)

and this: Stellar Cartography 1 / 10 Completion Level: 337 ... on thursday .. that completion level was missing the 33 ;)

Nice one Senator.... I've done about 200 completions and scanned a 31x arti dyson :D
Not sure if I'll actually complete the mission, but I'll be happy either way

Sat May 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Congrats on your pickup, Philus, and good luck on your invasion, Senator!

The module's pretty cool, too. Definitely a keeper... just debating between adding decks for it, or shuffling away some older scan/cloak modules with lesser scan/cloak:deck.

Sat May 02, 2015 9:25 pm

swinephil wrote:
Not sure if I'll actually complete the mission, but I'll be happy either way

i still need another 76 artis to complete the mission and module. will be going litheor explorer to try to eke out the last ones i need from a scan run on wed and another on saturday. used up most of my EM supply, so the purgers i get au naturel next week will have to do.

even so, i am not worried too much about completing the mission and module in the 2 weeks ... as long as the scan efficiency gets up to par with the ones i am already using, that is good enough. the artis i already have on hand will bring the mod up to 140 scan, so that will be a 5.6 ratio ... which slots them in above the genetarr transmitters mark II.

but i am curious about the mod ability so ...

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat May 02, 2015 9:46 pm
Profile WWW

spent 4 hours dumping 2 mill EM into the purger mission today, and wound up with about 33 spare artis to complete the daily mission on the followup scan run, so am excited.

Sat May 02, 2015 10:45 pm

900 new planets scanned, more than enough Nanosheared Weapon Scans to finish out the mission.

7 15x+ mining followed by an average 4x gaia (ally owned).

0 enemy planets with good arties worth taking for.

Sat May 02, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm going to finish the module tomorrow.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:45 am

Mon May 04, 2015 9:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next