View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 ALERT: TLC01: Enigmatic Destruction 

Border scouts continue to report that remote, unpopulated planets are being found with extensive weapon damage from an unidentified source. The reason for these attacks is unclear, and a full investigation is underway.

Chapter 1: Enigmatic Destruction

One of our scouts found another unoccupied planet bombarded by an unknown weapon, and we continue to get similar reports from other vessels. Leaders are growing concerned about this, and would like to gather more intel as to the origins of these attacks.

Cost Per Round: 400 Energy + 1 Nanosheard Weapon Scans
20 Rounds, daily mission, can be completed 11 times.
Reward: 400 experience + 1 Nanoshearing Sensor

Nanosheard Weapon Scans can be obtained at random when scanning unoccupied planet. You must have recently enter the Mission Briefing to gain the buff, else you won't get the arties.
Buff : Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1 (20 hours)

Upon scanning, you get a red box: You discover a heavily damaged planet matching the weapon signature, and gain 1 Nanosheared Weapon Scans (artifact)

When colonizing an unoccupied planet, you may see the following: Image Along with this effect: Nanosheared Drilling Site : Production -50%

On the actions tab, there is a button labelled Repair Damage. It costs 500 Energy and 500 CTP to repair the planet.

Nanoshearing Sensor
[Device - Size:25, Scan:50, Cloak:50]
If this devices is already installed on your ship, this will instead upgrade its stats by 30% up to a max of 300%. When fully upgraded, it will unlock an ability.

Scrap Value: 7-15 CTP

Ability:
Nanoshearing Sensor: For the next hour - your planetary scans have a chance of discover an NSX crate.
Cost: 500 energy
Cooldown: 40 hours

NSX Crate:
Jade: Mining +1%

Amber: Artifact +1%

Amethyst: Research 1%

Diamond: Planet Structure Size 1 Mining 2 Artifact 1 Research 2 Def plus 10 %

The duration of the effect is random but we've seen over 3 weeks so far.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Please update with :

Nanosheard Weapon Scans
can be obtained at random when scanning unoccupied planet.
You must have recently enter the Mission Briefing to gain the buff, else you won't get the arties.
Buff : Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:26 pm
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Please update with :

Nanosheard Weapon Scans
can be obtained at random when scanning unoccupied planet.
You must have recently enter the Mission Briefing to gain the buff, else you won't get the arties.
Buff : Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1

Mine says 20 hours

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Check your ship effects to make sure you have the buff.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:37 pm

It has to have a crappy xp return ratio......will there never be one with a decent xp return ratio, like 2+? And why can't there be one that isn't always a daily??

Well, still glad to see a new mission chain.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

I am happy with the xp return on this one. I am betting the final mission will unlock a new race.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm waiting for someone to scan a damaged dyson.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Jessica wrote:
It has to have a crappy xp return ratio......will there never be one with a decent xp return ratio, like 2+? And why can't there be one that isn't always a daily??

really you want more xp?

is your energy bar that bad that you want to waste xp on missions that could be better spent getting more terraformers. :cry:

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

not everyone can spend an hour a day or more spamming the attack button and then hitting close endlessly

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Kikhan wrote:
not everyone can spend an hour a day or more spamming the attack button and then hitting close endlessly

Rather than complain about a low xp ratio that almost everyone would agree is for the better(because they don't want to waste valuable xp on missions, when npc'ing provides so much more benefit), people should increase their energy rather than their attack, that way their ship is built to suit the style they choose to play.

We all need to make sacrifices to do certain things in this game, if you struggle with the xp ratio's then more energy is the order of the day, not more attack.

:)

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:23 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Jessica wrote:

really you want more xp?

is your energy bar that bad that you want to waste xp on missions that could be better spent getting more terraformers. :cry:

I have plenty of energy. I just never liked missions that have such low xp return ratios. I want to rank up and need more xp

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:35 pm
Profile WWW

Jessica wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
Jessica wrote:

really you want more xp?

I have plenty of energy. I just never liked missions that have such low xp return ratios. I want to rank up and need more xp

lol i bet you were infuriated when Dan nerfed the silthion and temp flux orb mission :v

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 pm

Quote:
I just never liked missions that have such low xp return ratios. I want to rank up and need more xp
Gotta echo Kirk on this. More energy would solve your problem more efficiently.

There are loads of easy PVP targets to be found at lower ranks, there are loads of terraformers to be found prior to rank 2200... do you really want to shrink your BT and move yourself closer to Troop Carrier extinction with extra mission XP?

:shock:

Back on topic: I don't do the purger mission, so will probably get no further than 8 completions of this mission, but the reward looks lovely. Here's hoping some brave, impatient soul Raixes their way into completion and lets us know what the new toy does 5 days early!

Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:

:( found a 30X dyson, Nanosheared Drilling Site : Production -50%

There's a repair drilling site button though that removes it. :)

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm

**Sigh** Maybe someday Dan will release something new and we'll go a whole day without complaints :( Not holding my breath though. By the way, my energy bar sux and I'm STILL glad this is a low exp/e ratio mission. As I bet most people are even if it makes it more challenging.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:03 pm

I really like this mission. I've always tried to figure out when people wake up and check GL but its just so hard probing resources every few minutes.
Now with this Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1 (time left)
and a whole lot of coordinated help from legionmates tapping through our battle tabs we have a fairly good idea of when you all log on and check GL.

OM NOM NOM easy offline planet steals.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Roehoe wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:

Lucky you... although you cheated. I normally call it before someone in our legion scans a dyson. :roll:

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you Dan for the new mission chain!

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:13 pm

MrSpock wrote:
When colonizing an unoccupied planet, you may see the following: Image Along with this effect: Nanosheared Drilling Site : Production -50%

On the actions tab, there is a button labelled Repair Damage. It costs 500 Energy and 500 CTP to repair the planet.

Added some info on colonizing planets.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:
Roehoe wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:

Lucky you... although you cheated. I normally call it before someone in our legion scans a dyson. :roll:

I told Scumby he'd never ever ever scan a Dyson... Scumby clicks scan "hahahah F*** you B 37x" This is when I realized the universe hates me.

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Fri May 01, 2015 1:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next