View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ALERT: TLC02: Dark Pursuit 

Jawwa wrote:
I'm thinking that Dan's intentions have backfired. I'm sure he intended the process of getting Shadow Barb Links to be a push to keep players playing longer with that 2 min wait. If anything, I'm now playing less.

I leave my GL Tab open to the planet section so I know which planets I last did. I put on some tv and try and come back every 2-5 mins to do the next shadow barb. The end result of the 2 min wait has me ignoring the game a lot more than I did before this biweekly, just so I can meet these requirements.

I'd say that's not the mission but your own lack of wanting to play right now. :)

You could just as easily have the GST clock open whilst NPC'ing or PvP'ing(which is just click away till dead anyway) and every time you see 2 mins have passed, you use the ability but instead you're watching tv.

If you're concerned about forgetting which planet you last did, could go A-Z or purge as you go. :)

Fri May 15, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm trying to rebuild my purger supply before I start using them again. I like to have 1k of them so I can avoid being caught out if the Xathe Legion Mission appears out of the blue.

That said, you may be right about the not wanting to play. Though I would still argue that there is an inherently unwise aspect to how this works. A VERY active player in my legion does what you mentioned and it catches him out more often than not. He remembers to shadow barb a lot less frequently than he would like.

Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 pm

as kirk stated, you can just set a barb after every pass thru the bt / npc pool. and you only need 200 of them, so it is not forever.

as for keeping your place ... flags are there to be used ...

i still need 114 of them .. so will keep plugging away.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri May 15, 2015 3:22 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
as kirk stated, you can just set a barb after every pass thru the bt / npc pool.

If you think about it, you probably click on the game at least 20 times a day. Shadow Barb, collect resources, shadow-barb. Add prisoners, shadow barb, add droids, shadow barb, add brackets and xcharges, shadow barb, add cargo ++s, shadow barb. Check alerted npcs. Lock 1-2, shadow barb. Lock any more, shadow barb.

That's 8/20 you need for the day. If you purge each planet afterwards, that takes more time. Also add time to switch to chat and back. You can easily do enough for the next mission in 1 day, but even if you couldn't, it goes for 14 days and you only need to complete it 10x, so it's fine to skip a day or 4.

Fri May 15, 2015 3:40 pm

I ended up using the ability many many times and never received anymore Shadow-Barb Links.
Did not notice for a while, but it took my 50 CTP each time, but did not receive the item.
Is that working as intended?
Occurred after I completed the mission for the day.

Sat May 16, 2015 12:59 am

Does the mission need to be available in order to use the Deployment ability and actually receive the Shadow-Barb Link artifact? I was using the ability various times during the day but just now realized I wasn't getting the Links even though it was using up my CTP and the shadow-barb was deployed on the planet.

Sat May 16, 2015 1:05 am

Leviii wrote:
Does the mission need to be available in order to use the Deployment ability and actually receive the Shadow-Barb Link artifact? I was using the ability various times during the day but just now realized I wasn't getting the Links even though it was using up my CTP and the shadow-barb was deployed on the planet.

Aye, just posted the same.
~ugh~

Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 am

Leviii wrote:

Obviously can't speak for other people's experience, but I have had no problems collecting extra after completing the mission (twice with Kriell) each day.
For me, at least, the tally keeps happily rising.

Sat May 16, 2015 1:27 am

Same here. Shadow-barb deployed. 50 ctp taken. No shardow-barb link delivered.

Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 am

hmm ... was going to scoff at this ... but i just confirmed that i am not getting the arti drop myself ... but had been getting them up to the last hour, so at most i wasted 100-150 ctp.

anyway .. will hold off on further barbing until i unlock the mission briefing again.

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Dark_Pursuit

"You'll need to remodulate the programming codes once in a while. Just return here if you do and we'll assist."

there might be a less than 20 hour timer for the barb arti dropping (would be 16-17 hours based on my exp).. or maybe a daily limit ?

Quote:
Shadow-Barb Link (Uses Left: 83)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Sat May 16, 2015 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat May 16, 2015 2:01 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
hmm ... was going to scoff at this ... but i just confirmed that i am not getting the arti drop myself ... but had been getting them up to the last hour.

anyway .. will hold off on further barbing until i unlock the mission briefing again.

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Dark_Pursuit

"We'll be issuing you new uploads periodically to assist in your mission."

there might be a less than 20 hour timer for the barb arti dropping .. or maybe a daily limit ?

Haha, I saw your first posting before the edit, lol
And yes, seriously :roll: And I completed the first mission.
I will also wait to unlock the mission again to re-try. Less than 2 hours now.

Sat May 16, 2015 2:07 am

Yeah, all I can think of is maybe you have a certain amount of time from the time you do "something" on the daily.
Just confirmed I am still collecting now a couple of hours later, and feel very sorry for those who have missed out.

Sat May 16, 2015 4:37 am

Well, its working fine now. I waited until the mission was available again and clicked through the "briefing". I'm gonna collect a bunch this time before I even do the mission.
Btw, Diego, do you feel sorry enough to send me the 1k CTP I wasted not getting the drop? Lol

Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 am

Yep, I guess it's only less than 20 hours hidden buff, like previous daily.

Sat May 16, 2015 5:08 am
Profile WWW

I've been doing the mission daily and I haven't had any trouble so far. *keeps fingers crossed*

Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Got 80 today didn't have any problem getting all those. Got enough now to finish the mission fully :). Hopefully this issue gets sorted out for you guys.

Sat May 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Biped wrote:
Got 80 today didn't have any problem getting all those. Got enough now to finish the mission fully :). Hopefully this issue gets sorted out for you guys.

Was the mission open for continuation while you got them, or was it on timer?

asquall wrote:
Yep, I guess it's only less than 20 hours hidden buff, like previous daily.

I know I was getting them for more than a day's time as I didn't finish a full completion til just yesterday, and I was getting them at least up until I completed. Not sure when I stopped getting them, though, whether immediately after completion or later.

Sun May 17, 2015 1:01 am

Mines not open but still getting them

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun May 17, 2015 2:48 am

Sirier wrote:
Was the mission open for continuation while you got them, or was it on timer?

It was on timer.

Sun May 17, 2015 11:58 am

It's based on the timer when you first place a barb, which i believe lasts 40 hours.

Sun May 17, 2015 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next