View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Update Rank 700 now, need info and support 

Hello, I am now rank 700...
Edit - Forgot to add ship stats below
I would like some constructive feed back on my ship, thank you...
If I miss anything could you let me know please

Un-buffed old(rank 600)/new(700)
Attack - 10676 / 20654
Defence - 9588 / 21183
Hull - 24036 / 46582
Shield - 7049 / 15519
Scan - 1273 / 2223
Cloak - 1854 / 2376

Buffed
Attack - 13701 / 30164
Defence - 11514 / 25417
Hull - 36479 / 76860
Shield - 14096 / 31038
Scan - 1689 / 3037
Cloak - 1904 / 2426

Deck - 2287 / 3236
Cargo - 50350 / 116885
3715 Engineers / 6100
3750 Tactical officers / 9675
2772 Helmsman / 6436
4318 Scientists / 9307

Mining - 17073 / 30558
Research - 19697 / 28687
Arti - 9768 / 21523

Medal points - 870 / 990
Battles - 187207 (Epic Legend) / 329696 (Epic Legend)
Player Kills - 1743 / 2382
Deaths from Players - 868 / 1288
Non-Player Kills - 9432 / 19156
Planets Found - 606 / 630
Planets Occupied - 120 / 154
Planets Captured - 131 / 194
Missions Completed - 669 / 1157
Scans Performed - 2112 / 3357
Successful Hacks - 1443 / 2265
Successful Raids - 1583 / 2347

Last edited by Yllib on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Wed May 20, 2015 6:52 pm

As with all these posts, but especially with yours (provided it isn't a typo)... get your arti up.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 pm

I know, that is my current goal... I'm nearly done with the Talth missions...

Wed May 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Yllib wrote:

Don't rely on Talth, it is a poor crutch to start leaning on in terms of boosting your arti prod. NPCing more is the best way to improve your arti prod, with Talth being a nice little bit on the side

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Thu May 21, 2015 7:58 am

umbongo wrote:
Yllib wrote:

Don't rely on Talth, it is a poor crutch to start leaning on in terms of boosting your arti prod. NPCing more is the best way to improve your arti prod, with Talth being a nice little bit on the side

Huge +1, I am a little sad every time someone mentions Talth and raising AP, as if that is the silver bullet answer to their AP woes.

In my experience, Talth is best used sparingly to even production on SS projects.
These are then maxed via terraformers up to 15x, with Arti increased to 20x via enumeration crystals before transformations are applied.
For me, anything else is a waste of time that could better be spent productively improving your AP.

I can promise you, from looking at a lot ships who have played a lot longer than me, that Talth by itself is not the way to build your AP.

Thu May 21, 2015 8:13 am

Deigobene wrote:
umbongo wrote:
Yllib wrote:

Huge +1, I am a little sad every time someone mentions Talth and raising AP, as if that is the silver bullet answer to their AP woes.

In my experience, Talth is best used sparingly to even production on SS projects.
These are then maxed via terraformers up to 15x, with Arti increased to 20x via enumeration crystals before transformations are applied.
For me, anything else is a waste of time that could better be spent productively improving your AP.

I can promise you, from looking at a lot ships who have played a lot longer than me, that Talth by itself is not the way to build your AP.

Indeed.

IMO The entire Taltherian chain is essentially a whole bunch of wasted xp, all for a race that is useless for gaining ap in a timely fashion. It also teaches laziness because these people tend not to bother cloaking things they Talth.

Konq Excavator(or Drannik Fixer if you're weak on attack) and pure NPC'ing is the way to increase your aph. With that 1 million XP you could have gained maybe 20+ TF's(putting you like 37 days ahead of your Talth ability) and a whole bunch of other goodies too, for planets(folds, gravs), for buying planets(ctp).

Thu May 21, 2015 8:50 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
umbongo wrote:

Indeed.

IMO The entire Taltherian chain is essentially a whole bunch of wasted xp, all for a race that is useless for gaining ap in a timely fashion. It also teaches laziness because these people tend not to bother cloaking things they Talth.

Konq Excavator(or Drannik Fixer if you're weak on attack) and pure NPC'ing is the way to increase your aph. With that 1 million XP you could have gained maybe 20+ TF's(putting you like 37 days ahead of your Talth ability) and a whole bunch of other goodies too, for planets(folds, gravs), for buying planets(ctp).

I disagree. the talth chain provides the equivelent of 1 terraformer every 40 hours on top of any npcing you may happen to do. you needn't have konqual or drannik if your attacks half decent which most peoples is, konq or drannik are the crutch because they dont actualy solve the problem of weaker attack by boosting ap. a free terraformer every 40 hours is much better compared to most of the races. ulurdi and litheor are the only ones that come to mind as being comparable and they require a large number of 15x+ planets to pay of.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu May 21, 2015 1:10 pm

from my perspective near the top of the PvP kills board ...

Taltherian (at least under rank 1000) is BAD. the energy and xp expended rank most players up into the range of the top killers in the game. rank 600 taltherian builders are tasty num nums.

Taltherian could be used to build up 15x planets for selling, but that by definition is not helping your own aph.

instead of going Talth, better to pick better project planets to start with. i agree with those that say that NPC'ing is a much more efficient path to aph growth (again, under rank 1000), as you get the fab plants to properly protect those 15x babies that you do actually make. half of my 20x / 22x planets are ones stolen from others who were silly enough to leave them open for me to take. all of them are ONLY susceptible to a crit.hack.

i will be switching back to mylarai again to continue to even out my planetary resources, and won't be doing taltherian until after rank 2200.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu May 21, 2015 1:38 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i will be switching back to mylarai again to continue to even out my planetary resources, and won't be doing taltherian until after rank 2200.

Every minute spent as Mylarai is a waste. I would rather gain a point of AP on a project than 10 points on a non-Mining world.

Thu May 21, 2015 2:28 pm

every arti planet that is maxed out on mining is one less planet slot taken up by a dedicated mining planet.

Adallakutio MC+ 89 oceanic 17x 22x 17x 776.1 1657.8 593.5
Erwan C 75 demon 16x 21x 17x 804.4 1463.2 709.8
Amoinmour' C 75 gaia 17x 22x 17x 676.0 1403.5 615.2

and since i plan on going merchant for the chuhn seasonal event, mylarai is the obvious choice.

Initial Races: Human, Inergon, Sillixx
Unlockable Races: Drannik, Genetarr, Mylarai, Taltherian, Uldrinan

especially since i have not unlocked Drannik, Genetarr, Taltherian, or Uldrinan

_____________Image

Thu May 21, 2015 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Peticks wrote:
I disagree. the talth chain provides the equivelent of 1 terraformer every 40 hours on top of any npcing you may happen to do. you needn't have konqual or drannik if your attacks half decent which most peoples is, konq or drannik are the crutch because they dont actualy solve the problem of weaker attack by boosting ap. a free terraformer every 40 hours is much better compared to most of the races. ulurdi and litheor are the only ones that come to mind as being comparable and they require a large number of 15x+ planets to pay of.

Talth is not "the equivalent" of one terraformer every 40 hours, you slightly ridiculous Zero Mining Ferret.
Even if it was - which it ain't - one "terraformer" every 40 hours is not the most efficient way to raise your AP.

The fact you disagree on this is probably the best proof it is true - asking Peticks how to most efficiently build AP is like asking a duck to help you with quadratic equations. ;)

Thu May 21, 2015 10:30 pm

You might need somewhere around 6k+ energy to auto rank the taltherian chain with a neural interface, so see if you could get more engineers and maybe some efficient energy mods on too.

Tactical officers could use some work too and that is why I highly recommend and encourage you to get most of your damage from them and like maybe around 50%+ of your total attack comes from them.

I would not recommend adding more decks if you do not have a good amount of scan modules to fill those spaces for a scan run. However, it is okay to add more decks if necessary if you get more scanning modules.

Your natural scans are pretty decent, but what is your max scan with all the scan buffs you can get and are you keeping them installed all the time?

Sat May 23, 2015 9:23 am

So what is the best strategy I should do?

Some say go Talth straight away, others are saying pure npcing, whilst some are saying slow down and collect...

Sat May 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Yllib wrote:

Some say go Talth straight away, others are saying pure npcing, whilst some are saying slow down and collect...

Slow down and collect is crazy if you want to actually enjoy the game through playing, if you're fine doing nothing all day(except ice fishing raids or hacking) and just talking its fine.

NPC'ing is the quickest most efficient way to increase all of your resources.

Taltheria is just unlocking something you use once every 40 hours to grant you a +20 or +40 ap gain an hour, depending on how many structures are on the planet you use it on.

So, really it's a case of what it is exactly you want to do in the game. :)

Sat May 23, 2015 4:00 pm

rank 500 is a sweet spot for NPCs that drop ctp. so holding steady and focusing on taking out those NPCs while ignoring the rest can work for gathering a sizable quantity of ctp. you can use that ctp to buy a nice 15x planet that will be of much more benefit than the talth ability. rank 650 is when you can start focusing more on NPCs in quantity. if you want to work on talth after that, it would not hurt you as much, but me, i am still reserving that for post-rank 2200. uldrinan provides more benefit for the xp and rank costs.

if you don't care about ctp, rank 500 is also a decent spot for PvP ... but focusing on raids and hacks will keep you in that zone for longer. legion missions are also worth pursuing if you have sufficient energy. both of those give you plenty of opportunity to boost your medal points for more battle market artifacts.

your main source of AP should be from great planets. talth is slower than NPC'ing for terraformers, and builds up planets that can not be optimized for cross-resource planetary production artis.

_____________Image

Sat May 23, 2015 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

kirkeastment wrote:
Yllib wrote:

Slow down and collect is crazy if you want to actually enjoy the game through playing, if you're fine doing nothing all day(except ice fishing raids or hacking) and just talking its fine.

NPC'ing is the quickest most efficient way to increase all of your resources.

Taltheria is just unlocking something you use once every 40 hours to grant you a +20 or +40 ap gain an hour, depending on how many structures are on the planet you use it on.

So, really it's a case of what it is exactly you want to do in the game. :)

He said slow down and collect, not freeze.

Personally I do not think a slow down is a bad idea if you have dozens of open planet slots however if you don't then slowing down wont help much. If possible, and to reduce time spent going slower then you normally go, not freezing, you can always use CTP to buy VL 2x or better planets to fill up planet slots. I normally go for Terra ones as they can be uplifted to C 22x at a later date, but if you like desert or barren and can find them good they are also great for making C Crystal and Sentient planets. About a dozen or so of them should easily get you up another 3K-4K AP/h (roughly 250-334 AP/h per planet) with only using shipment and construct-able arti on it (e.g chassis and +12s). Once your AP/h increases more you can then use that to build CTL arti more regularly to farther increase their output and the output of other planets.

I agree though that no more Deck space is a good idea. I only have a bit over 1K to fit all my scan mods on so I still have a good hit to disable ratio but that is just how I have played. As for rank points (from ranking and prisoners), I only feed them into engineers and T.O since they can only be increased by those points while the other things can all be increased with other shipment artifacts. If you want to check out a but of my ships stats you can checkout my thread looking for legions I might fit with and enjoy, I do not include all stats as it is not a ship long but it does have a few things that can lead to how well the above has worked for me.

When it comes to NPC I am not a expert on advice since at my rank NPCing is still not the most profitable thing. I do hear from many successful ships that are higher ranks NPCing is the golden goose which I do not have any doubts about due to the fact NPCs can drop amazing things and at a higher rank each NPC is a tiny drop in the bucket of exp.

I also want to state one thing I love about GL is there are hundreds of "right" paths/strategies to becoming a great ship that benefits you and any legion you are in that all depend on YOUR play style. Some like to go fast, some NPC, some PvP, some slow and they all have amazing ships. Only a few things I know of can truly lead to a horrible ship, like freezing when your AP is minute and you do not have empty planet slots to improve it with. Many things are strategic opinions and not solid "this is how you should do it if you don't want to suck" facts so find what works for people, what you like and most importantly what works for you while still having fun because in the end of the day this is a game and most games are meant to be enjoyed. :)

P.S If you want to see my ships full stats I would be happy to share it with you since you seem like a good guy Yllib. Just message me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GDs.Freelance.Webdesign, best of luck to you in your progress dude. :)

Sat May 23, 2015 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

Okay I won't go Talth for a long while then, I'll finish the mission though... need the extra medals

It's coming up to Exam weeks so revision all around so PVP won't be much of an option soon for a few weeks.

Only other option is to slow down a bit and just collect.

Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 pm

talth is a bad bad idea in my eyes i have over 150 planets all 15x or greater and not 1 was used from the talth ability lithoer or uldri is a good idea lithoer is the best idea in my eyes planet production pop help and a bit of cloak as a added bonus npc like crazy to collect up terraformers and everything else before some of the stuff is no longer around

Sat May 23, 2015 8:04 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
talth is a bad bad idea in my eyes i have over 150 planets all 15x or greater and not 1 was used from the talth ability lithoer or uldri is a good idea lithoer is the best idea in my eyes planet production pop help and a bit of cloak as a added bonus npc like crazy to collect up terraformers and everything else before some of the stuff is no longer around

I agree with Pokerman.....surprised or not.....especially if you only plan on doing it for the medal points. That is a massive amount of exp gain just for medal points. Personally I have no intent on doing that one for a long time. Early on it was ubber tempting but as I played I changed my view and now will be going for others like the two stated above since they provide some wicked awesome advantages when comparing the exp gain.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:22 pm
Profile WWW

So, what i tell everyone in felons is same as many others here

Ways to grow your ship

NPC NPC NPC
Scan
Farm
Rank up
Dont defend planets under 5-6x arti (unless massive or bigger), any planet under massive size, any research world.
Steal your eyes out on planets...dont fear retal...
Listen to vet players who obviously have done well...they have a clue.

As a thought on talth..its not terrible..IF you do all these other things as well. A free 'boost' every 2 days is fine...every bit helps...but do the other stuff too. Terraformers AND talth are a decent combo to me. I don't do talth but it can be ok. Like many others my growth is based on theft, terraformers and trading.

Keep trying and do your thing.. Enjoy !

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next