View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ALERT: TLC03: The Lutuma Report 

Lutuma Memory Core
Improves your ship - adding +1 Defense and +1 Max Energy.

20 hour cooldown

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:37 pm

senatorhung wrote:
Chloron wrote:
Jessica wrote:
The wiki is wrong. It says you have to read through the briefing/dialogue. But I get the effect the moment I open up the mission. You don't have to read anything at all.

^this is very annoying as well. If you collect all the cells early, then you can't avoid triggering the effect so you keep getting the npc.

i tweaked the wiki a bit, but you were just misreading it. the red button says 'Mission Briefing' and you have to click on it to activate the hunt. and yes Chloron, as long as you are making progress on the mission, you will continue to get the npc.s. i am considering them as souvenirs / trophies.

however, since they only appear on disabling a previous NPC, just fill up your entire bt ... then disable everything you want from it (click out of the popup window to make it go away) before refreshing the battle tab (versus if you are still hunting for the lutuma extractors, in which case you kill NPCs one at a time, and refresh after every kill by clicking on the red x to close the popup). and remember, they only last an hour anyway ...

I dont know where you are getting that.
i almost always clear entire bt then refresh all of it, and have gotten 2 extractors in a single refresh multiple times.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 am

KJReed wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Chloron wrote:
^this is very annoying as well. If you collect all the cells early, then you can't avoid triggering the effect so you keep getting the npc.

yes Chloron, as long as you are making progress on the mission, you will continue to get the npc.s. i am considering them as souvenirs / trophies.

however, since they only appear on disabling a previous NPC, just fill up your entire bt ... then disable everything you want from it (click out of the popup window to make it go away) before refreshing the battle tab (versus if you are still hunting for the lutuma extractors, in which case you kill NPCs one at a time, and refresh after every kill by clicking on the red x to close the popup). and remember, they only last an hour anyway ...

I dont know where you are getting that.
i almost always clear entire bt then refresh all of it, and have gotten 2 extractors in a single refresh multiple times.

so you disabled an NPC before refreshing .. matching the condition i described.

i also have had a pair of extractors show up at the same time, on 3 or 4 occasions (which is what originally triggered my curiosity and subsequent tracking), but again, always AFTER an npc has been disabled immediately before the refresh. the remainder of the battle tab NEVER contains another extractor if i refresh it to full, and another extractor will not appear until i have disabled another NPC (either from my battle tab or off a legion member alert).

i currently have:
Lutuma Memory Cell (Uses Left: 84)
Lutuma Memory Core (Uses Left: 8)

on sunday when i acquired enough to complete the mission, i had:

Lutuma Memory Cell (Uses Left: 121)
Lutuma Memory Core (Uses Left: 5)

so i have only gotten another 23 additional extractors in the last 4 days by filling up my entire bt before disabling any npc.s.

so if you are still hunting for them for the daily mission, kill your NPCs one at a time. if you have enough, kill all your npc's before refreshing.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:44 am
Profile WWW

uhh... how broad of a spectrum are you talking about when you say kill a npc before refreshing?
because other than letting a npc expire and then refreshing thats gonna be always the case.
to me it sounds like you were saying they are only coming up as the first thing after killing an npc which isnt true
i have killed 8 npcs
clicked battle 8 times and gotten
flamehawk
flamehawk
extractor
charger
trapper
extractor
assassin
tech collector

sounds about like the you scan better planets on poor theory

ICBLF wrote:

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:05 am

KJReed wrote:
uhh... how broad of a spectrum are you talking about when you say kill a npc before refreshing?
because other than letting a npc expire and then refreshing thats gonna be always the case.
to me it sounds like you were saying they are only coming up as the first thing after killing an npc which isnt true

well, you are free to discount my evidence, just like i am free to discount yours.

my evidence is the only one that corresponds with reports from others of a lutuma extractor appearing on their battle tab in the 'extra' slot that usually only gets filled after completing a mission that spawns an NPC, or the attiroth repair ships. i am not the biggest NPC'er, but i do NPC enough to notice strange behaviour, and the lutuma extractor definitely raised some questions, hence my heightened observations.

- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab upon awakening after all the previous NPC's expired during the previous 8 hours
- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab after a tactical remodulation
- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab after i disabled an NPC but switched to another tab before returning to refresh the battle tab
- a pair of lutuma extractors was observed to appear in the first open NPC slots after a disable with no others appearing in any of the subsequent slots until another NPC had been disabled
- EVERY other lutuma extractor that i found ALWAYS appeared ONLY in the first open NPC slot after a previous NPC was disabled

anyone with 8 npc slots, who is willing to disable all the lutuma extractors, will likely have no trouble getting enough drops to complete the daily mission. however, there are others who have limited time, energy, npc slots, or don't want to waste too much xp - for those, my observations and advice may allow them to glean a few more artifacts than they otherwise might.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:58 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
KJReed wrote:

well, you are free to discount my evidence, just like i am free to discount yours.

my evidence is the only one that corresponds with reports from others of a lutuma extractor appearing on their battle tab in the 'extra' slot that usually only gets filled after completing a mission that spawns an NPC, or the attiroth repair ships. i am not the biggest NPC'er, but i do NPC enough to notice strange behaviour, and the lutuma extractor definitely raised some questions, hence my heightened observations.

- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab upon awakening after all the previous NPC's expired during the previous 8 hours.
- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab after a tactical remodulation
- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab after i disabled an NPC but switched to another tab before returning to refresh the battle tab
- a pair of lutuma extractors was observed to appear in the first open NPC slots after a disable with no others appearing in any of the subsequent slots until another NPC had been disabled

anyone with 8 npc slots, who is willing to disable all the lutuma extractors, will likely have no trouble getting enough drops to complete the daily mission. however, there are others who have limited time, energy, npc slots, or don't want to waste too much xp - for those, my observations and advice may allow them to glean a few more artifacts than they otherwise might.

I got a Lutuma Extractor today after a tac remod. :)

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 am

kirkeastment wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
KJReed wrote:

- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab upon awakening after all the previous NPC's expired during the previous 8 hours.

I got a Lutuma Extractor today after a tac remod. :)

was it still only in the first open npc slot ?? ;)

_____________Image

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:

npc slot #5

As you are pointing out though, they can also spawn like mission NPC's(the non NPC'ing mission NPC's) do, if for example, you killed the 8th NPC, then a regular NPC might spawn in its place(like a charger) but along with it might come an NPC slot #9 Lutuma

So you'll be there after a tac remod clicking battle(assuming a 4 slot npc'er)....

click... spawn#1
click... spawn#2
click... spawn#3
click... spawn#4... lutuma slot#5

But at the same time, can they can spawn just like regular NPC's, for example, i just cleared my battle tab and got this when i clicked battle...

clicked battle... lutuma spawns in slot #1.... lutuma appeared in slot #2 as well

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:14 am

kirkeastment wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

npc slot #5

As you are pointing out though, they can also spawn like mission NPC's(the non NPC'ing mission NPC's) do, if for example, you killed the 8th NPC, then a regular NPC might spawn in its place(like a charger) but along with it might come an NPC slot #9 Lutuma

So you'll be there after a tac remod clicking battle(assuming a 4 slot npc'er)....

click... spawn#1
click... spawn#2
click... spawn#3
click... spawn#4... lutuma slot#5

But at the same time, can they can spawn just like regular NPC's, for example, i just cleared my battle tab and got this when i clicked battle...

clicked battle... lutuma spawns in slot #1.... lutuma appeared in slot #2 as well

the very last situation i have seen .. with the first and second open slot filled with lutuma extractors .. but the 'extra slot' lutuma i have not seen myself - only from the reports of others.

your other observations do not match mine. i always see lutuma in the first open slot (with the only exception being the paried lutuma already indicated). i am using 'open' slot instead of slot number, since tactical remod does not get rid of alerted npc's.

if i am incorrect, it is easy to test .. someone could wait ONE HOUR after killing each npc before refreshing their battle tab, and they should never see a lutuma extractor if the spawn trigger is from disabling an npc versus just the battle tab refresh.

for myself, i don't care enough to run the experiment. i am happy to collect more souvenirs over the next 2 days until i finish with the mission:

Kalvium Deposit (Uses Left: 44)
Sha'din Directory Index
Tej-Sheel Research Chip (Uses Left: 3)
Litheor Datashell (Uses Left: 3)
etc.

_____________Image

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:50 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
- a lutuma extractor NEVER appeared on my battle tab upon awakening after all the previous NPC's expired during the previous 8 hours

I have had both happen. Up to 2 Lutumas in both scenarios.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Ranqul wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

I have had both happen. Up to 2 Lutumas in both scenarios.

Happened to me also. And yes, both spawn 2 lutumas, in random order (when expired, one was in first page, the second was in 7-8 slot, I forgot)

Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:11 pm
Profile WWW

I wonder what the next mission will require, with the first 3 needing planets, an ability and then npcing it would be interesting if the non common artifact trend continues. Something like badges would be interesting to add another part of the galaxy legion content into the chain maybe? or something else do you think

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:02 pm

If we want to use anecdotal evidence, troop carriers do not drop quasis.
:P

ICBLF wrote:

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:43 am

In theory wouldn't the last chapter be a weapon? Maybe ability would be equiv of a bio-vap...not OP but useful. Dunno.. seems like there are always high expectations for the finale...some of which were pretty cool. So many things a weapon cOULD do.

I would be slightly saddedned if it were NOT a weapon, since the whole dynamic of shreaded planets and dark shards....

Alternatively there could be something like the lith probes ..or even an effect like the chthonian but with a twist..looking forward to the next phase either way.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:09 am

juiceman wrote:
In theory wouldn't the last chapter be a weapon? Maybe ability would be equiv of a bio-vap...not OP but useful. Dunno.. seems like there are always high expectations for the finale...some of which were pretty cool. So many things a weapon cOULD do.

I would be slightly saddedned if it were NOT a weapon, since the whole dynamic of shreaded planets and dark shards....

Alternatively there could be something like the lith probes ..or even an effect like the chthonian but with a twist..looking forward to the next phase either way.

isnt the 'weapon' a drill, they could release the drill as a weapon but it wouldnt make sense to be the finale reward because the drill is simply a means for the lutuma to find their lost cookies in the planets cores

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:34 am

Chloron wrote:
Jessica wrote:
The wiki is wrong. It says you have to read through the briefing/dialogue. But I get the effect the moment I open up the mission. You don't have to read anything at all.

Did this get changed? I completed the mission (final completion) about 4 hrs ago and when I just now checked, I don't have the effect active on my ship.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:30 pm

just finished the 10th completion and still have the effect, I'd assume its only for when you finish the 11th
Edit, I can confirm that upon 11th completion the effect is instantly terminated

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Peticks wrote:
I wonder what the next mission will require, with the first 3 needing planets, an ability and then npcing it would be interesting if the non common artifact trend continues. Something like badges would be interesting to add another part of the galaxy legion content into the chain maybe? or something else do you think

No no please not badges....haven't got enough of those...except for dark badges

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

Perhaps a new planet type ? Id like to see regular lutuma elites being incorporated . And a skin for my ship!

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 pm

next bi weekly going to hurt all those who do not spend money as it will require you to spend 1 gp per use to get the item :P 20 times to get 1 artifact 10 times to complete the entire bi weekly :P

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next