View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 ALERT: TLC05: Sphere of Influence 

This is a fun mission! will I have enough to complete it? probably not. Is it entertaining? YEP :mrgreen:

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:15 pm

PurFikshun wrote:
While I'm on a silly rant....no more 2 minute cool downs on these bi-weekly mission abilities. This new quirk has me feeling more like I'm working an unpaid job than playing a game. I never thought I'd say that I'll be glad when a chain is over, but this one has introduced so many bad new ideas that I hope at least the end result is AWESOME to make up for the pain...

I completely agree with this. I don't mind more challenging content being added, but I also feel like this game is becoming more like a job. It doesn't help that I have to click hundreds of artis and rank points on a weekly basis because Dan refuses to implement a simple "Use all" feature.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:08 am

Kevin9809 wrote:
PurFikshun wrote:
While I'm on a silly rant....no more 2 minute cool downs on these bi-weekly mission abilities. This new quirk has me feeling more like I'm working an unpaid job than playing a game. I never thought I'd say that I'll be glad when a chain is over, but this one has introduced so many bad new ideas that I hope at least the end result is AWESOME to make up for the pain...

I completely agree with this. I don't mind more challenging content being added, but I also feel like this game is becoming more like a job. It doesn't help that I have to click hundreds of artis and rank points on a weekly basis because Dan refuses to implement a simple "Use all" feature.

Both of these comments exceed the awesome quotient allotted to forum posts.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Jawwa wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:
PurFikshun wrote:

I doubt Dan is refusing to implement a use all feature and that the programing to do so has turned out to be more complicated then originally thought. Add in 2 years ago when he asked what features were wanted most reducing clicks was somewhere in the middle of the pack. Compared to more missions and content mostly being at the top of the list.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:05 am

Kikhan wrote:
I doubt Dan is refusing to implement a use all feature and that the programing to do so has turned out to be more complicated then originally thought. Add in 2 years ago when he asked what features were wanted most reducing clicks was somewhere in the middle of the pack. Compared to more missions and content mostly being at the top of the list.

That survey wasn't something he asked. That was something forum mods put together.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am

i think i may get a little flak for this but.. personally i really hope these abilities come back, the hull test, and whatever the others were. its something different in the game, and i can kinda see their being a sort of marketplace - similar to the uldrinan credits - where you can trade them in for *****, thats probably just me though.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:01 am

Kikhan wrote:

That might be a bit of a misrepresentation. As I remember it, there was some debate over what won. The click reduction items were split into 2 categories and the sum of those was the overall winner. At one point the original poster said the numbers would be combined since, to most of us, they meant the same thing and we didn't know which was better to work for, but that didn't happen so it looked like new content squeaked by just one of the click reduction items.

But, as Pitch Ninja said, this wasn't an official thing and what we got in the end did not resemble the ideas originally discussed in the forums anyway. The next big thing that came out was the Trainee concept.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 pm

elerian wrote:
i think i may get a little flak for this but.. personally i really hope these abilities come back, the hull test, and whatever the others were. its something different in the game, and i can kinda see their being a sort of marketplace - similar to the uldrinan credits - where you can trade them in for *****, thats probably just me though.

-1,000,000,000,000. No offense elerian, but as a reasonably serious PVPer, this thing was the worst thing that happened to PVP that I recall....EVER. PVP became much less fun as there were always very few targets available (for instance 75%+ of my legion stayed disabled most of the time...well, at least, every time I counted) and at least half of those available targets were online. You found yourself battling nothing but super defended ships (wasting energy and gaining unnecessary experience) or hoping a lucky ship would fall out of a halc without having reinstalled one. (And that is not a criticism of halcs or amps. I'm a big supporter of them.). Before this thing was introduced, I never had a shortage of targets even with halcs and amps in the mix. The game just went totally to #@&$# when this came out and it took forever to pile up those kills.

Not to mention that this ridiculous thing counted against TM uses, so if you hit PVP hard, you were suddenly getting fewer yellows and blues to go with those kills you worked so hard to earn....

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Personally, I'm loving the irony of the whole situation with this mission...

People b!tching and moaning about halcs while they're trying to get kills to earn a module that boosts vs player attack which they won't get the benefits of because everyone wears halcs.

I've never had a problem finding sufficient daily targets even with halcs and amps so I NEVER complain about THEM. This mission, however, was definitely the pits. (And yes, I'm long done and the module is maxed. But the PVP was the most painful experience I've had in the game. Spent so much time at the computer I felt like I was working an unpaid job.)

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:05 pm

I just got back from a holiday (No wifi) and thought I might actually have been able to still fit this in before it ends, but not a chance.

I PvP pretty regularly, so have a pretty solid grip on how many people are halced and this event seems to have put it through the roof - looking like a definite wait for archiving.

Kudos to Purfikshuns comments in this thread, we haven't always seen eye to eye on PvP style, but every point he makes is bang on the head here.

Back to wading through the endless cycle of Halcs and zeroeds...

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:46 am

First mission in this chain I was able to finish. (Came close on the Lutuma NPC one, but birth of my son derailed my NPCing efforts for some reason...)

I had assumed this would be the last one to appear before it archived and Elios would start next week...but since they overlap, I wonder if there will be any more missions before it archives or if this is it (other than the final mission that's only available later obviously.)

What are your predictions?

Personally, I'm hoping that it archives soon so I can get back to work on the nanoshear mission.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:46 pm

well theres been :
a scanning mission
a planet artifact mission > x2
a pvp mission
a npc mission

typically mission chains last between 5 - 8 missions.
so this may be the last one, but i dont think it will be, doesnt seem like the story is set to be concluded, but that could just be me.

I could potentially see another NPC mission before it is archived, though i think a more probable option would be a daily mission that requires xRP to complete given the type of theme that has been going on, where we are trying to figure out what is up with the stuffs and the things.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Litheor Chain = 8 missions
Uldrinan Chain = 8 missions
Alarri Chain = 9 missions
The Raix Effect Chain = 8 + 1 repeaderble missions

that is some of the lates mission chains Dan added to the game
and most of those overlaped 1 or more season events when they were 2 weekly

so I would expect 2 or 3 more missions, before it gets archived and we get the final mission in the chain
so you are proberly looking at 2 to 3 * 14 = 28 to 42 days + a week or 2 before you can start to work on any missions you didnt finish

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:28 pm

I imagine we're looking at 2 more missions before the final one one. first of these last two I imagine will have a split path on what to do with the eye of magnus or whatever its called. second one will be a npc fight against either the alderii dominion or whatever that government was called or against the rebels. :P

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:22 pm

we are getting another and guess what complaining people it another pvp this time it raiding or maybe hacking mission lol raiding would be horrible though hacking on the other hand hack a player easy done allot of those who will do the mission will have actions to be taken

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:50 pm

and the end of the mission chain will open up a new battle market to spend your badges but this battle market will require multiple different types of each badge to purchase items ;)

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:52 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
and the end of the mission chain will open up a new battle market to spend your badges but this battle market will require multiple different types of each badge to purchase items ;)

I do like the sounds of that

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:10 am

pokerman123 wrote:

Meh, that isn't really new or exciting enough IMHO. Not sure what the addition will be; I'd do this if that's what it was but hoping for something different.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:43 am

a new ally OR race is always cool....could see another npc mission for perm planet effects as well...

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4