View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2015 Summer Seasonal Event 1: The Elios 

Quote:
Nothing new about the seasonal at all other than the GP mods and one medal, Dan you outdid yourself this year.
The Scan drops are pretty sweet, IMO.

I don't know, maybe I just don't have huge expectations for seasonals, but I'm having a good time with it... like the production buffs, and the Powervaults are some of my favorite 1:1 arti structures due to their storage capacity. Still wish there wasn't a "forced time out" after you get pulsed by the Elios, but other than that, have no complaints. :)

Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:30 am

as long a chuhn is good with lots of new stuff and this biweekly keeps having nice rewards Its not such a big deal that elios didnt have much new content.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:20 am

So I noticed something in last years thread I would like adressed, CAN you upgrade the drill to a +3 artifact or only +2. some people were suggesting it can just keep upgrading, can I get a yay or nay on that?

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:29 pm

draxsiss wrote:
So I noticed something in last years thread I would like adressed, CAN you upgrade the drill to a +3 artifact or only +2. some people were suggesting it can just keep upgrading, can I get a yay or nay on that?

It goes up to 3, +1 if you have a heliacal plant already on the planet, and another +1 by using the solar inverter.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 pm

DarkMar wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
Is there no other elite?

Or has one not been released;

hard to say for sure, if it is rank 1900+ like the new Bane NPC we got last year, only a limited number of players will be able to see them

Bane Dread - http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Bane_Dread

but as far as I know, if theire is a new high rank elios NPC like that one, no one have found and posted anything about it here

I did get an interesting comment back from GL support on this:

"We can't comment on unreleased content. But thanks for being curious!"

Hmmmm....Killin us Dan! You're killin us! :o

Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:36 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:

Say no more. It simply was not ready this year I take it.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:53 am

Hallucinations wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

Must be pretty epic then, considering it existed at the first Elios occurrence and not yet ready even this year?

Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:19 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

Must be pretty epic then, considering it existed at the first Elios occurrence and not yet ready even this year?

I'd say it's a galaxy-wide Epic NPC.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:25 am
Profile WWW

Dan has tobe very carful with the new npc that drops subspacefissures/hyper terraformers/dysonsphears, he is carfully balancing the % drop rate, you see at 1/3 each it simply isn't right as both fissures and sphears are better then terraformers, he is just tweeking it for us, give him him and this new very rare 1/1,000,000,000 chance npc will spawn for us, oh he has 31,000 cloak too.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:52 am

draxsiss wrote:
Dan has tobe very carful with the new npc that drops subspacefissures/hyper terraformers/dysonsphears, he is carfully balancing the % drop rate, you see at 1/3 each it simply isn't right as both fissures and sphears are better then terraformers, he is just tweeking it for us, give him him and this new very rare 1/1,000,000,000 chance npc will spawn for us, oh he has 31,000 cloak too.

lol, was this meant to be posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43204 ? :P

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:10 am

Deigobene wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

agreed. not only was it rambleing but...
31k scan requires use of a protogrid, so each player would have a 25 minuet window at most to npc for this
1/1,000,000,000 chance is one in a billion. to put it into context people like shockwave, the most prolific npc hunter, have under 2m npc kills. so take their entire galaxy legion career and they would have less than a one in 500 chance of spawning it.
Dyson spheres and fissures will never be dropped by npcs. it makes no buisness sense to make it so players can get them from anywhere but the limited mission or they will spurn the limited mision and get them this way and save a lot of gp doing so.
And to top it all off the npc doesnt look anything like a mega super happy galaxy wide boss, it looks like a second single player npc.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Btw Shock has 2392487 Npc kills :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:41 pm

It was ment to be a joke about the npc that drops the best thing imaginable only to find out its easyer to get quasi's from TO's then it is to find it, but then he (dan) could technically say "its their its fair you COULD get all your planets in the game to be rifts if you are hyper lucky " :P

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Peticks wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

agreed. not only was it rambleing but...
31k scan requires use of a protogrid, so each player would have a 25 minuet window at most to npc for this
1/1,000,000,000 chance is one in a billion. to put it into context people like shockwave, the most prolific npc hunter, have under 2m npc kills. so take their entire galaxy legion career and they would have less than a one in 500 chance of spawning it.
Dyson spheres and fissures will never be dropped by npcs. it makes no buisness sense to make it so players can get them from anywhere but the limited mission or they will spurn the limited mision and get them this way and save a lot of gp doing so.
And to top it all off the npc doesnt look anything like a mega super happy galaxy wide boss, it looks like a second single player npc.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:38 am

Just venting, but...

Not. A. Single. ****ing. Item.

Today's scan run was 210 planets. Over the past 2-3 days I've done somewhere between 250-350 other scans on planets. (not sure because I didn't track exact numbers and used purgers as I went...but I'm at 661 now and was at 240 and change after my initial purging of planets.)

And I didn't find a single elios item. :(

Everybody else that's found them seems to get one for about every 100 planets they find, from what I've been told.

Boo. :(

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Everybody else that's found them seems to get one for about every 100 planets they find, from what I've been told.

Boo. :(

i found 2 in 336 planets scanned ... so 1 in 168 here.

might run the purger mission between now and saturday to make sure i can get another 500 planet run in before the seasonal expires ...

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

Done about 550 scans and only found 1 so far... Yet others have had 5 with fewer scans...

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:16 am

Even one would have been nice...

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:27 am

I would not have put it past dan to just select random planets from the data base that have the item on it, and once they are goen they are gone. I too have 300 scanned planets no upgrades :(

Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:26 pm

draxsiss wrote:
I would not have put it past dan to just select random planets from the data base that have the item on it, and once they are goen they are gone. I too have 300 scanned planets no upgrades :(

I doubt it makes more sense to reuse the nsx crate code or the nanoshere readings code

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:26 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next