View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ALERT: TLC07: The Great Elders (Epilogue) 

With the Kassivar partially opened, the Oruas Eye begins sending a signal... from The Great Elders themselves. It becomes clear that both the Eye and the Great Elders wish to appoint a new steward...

Chapter 7: The Great Elders (Epilogue)

Greetings. We have forseen your arrival. Before we allow you to finish unlocking the vault, there is much we need to discuss.

Cost Per Round: 400 Energy + 1 Null Fuse + 1 Warp Gate Chassis + 500 EM
40 Rounds, daily mission, can be completed 10 times.
Reward: 200 experience + 1 Oruas Eye Chamber

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:00 am

Oruas Eye Chamber
[Planet Structure - Size:1, Artifact:2, Research:2, Defense:+25%]
Also increases Artifact storage by 1000. Can only be built on planets with 2000+ passive defense or passive cloak.
Limit 1 per planet.

Scrap Value: 5-10 CTP

Cost to place: 500 energy
Can not be extracted.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:00 am

this sounds hopefull. it looks that the reward wont be a race but maybe a trellith like ability?

also... heres hoping that the lutuma battle they talk about isnt just a kill x ships to collect mission artis to finish the last mission and is a new set of npcs potentialy!

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:14 am

Yea an ongoing battle would be awesome

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:28 am

Peticks wrote:
this sounds hopefull. it looks that the reward wont be a race but maybe a trellith like ability?

also... heres hoping that the lutuma battle they talk about isnt just a kill x ships to collect mission artis to finish the last mission and is a new set of npcs potentialy!

We can only hope. :D

Last edited by Davistron on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:42 am

Peticks wrote:

is that not just a reference to the lutuma battle we had early on in the chain? i admit to glossing over the chatter a bit, but nothing jumped out to say it was an impending war.

the structure is non-extractable fwiw. :)

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:43 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Peticks wrote:

is that not just a reference to the lutuma battle we had early on in the chain? i admit to glossing over the chatter a bit, but nothing jumped out to say it was an impending war.

the structure is non-extractable fwiw. :)

Within the dialogue, the Great Elders mentioned they saw us having a war with the Lutuma.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:45 am

Davistron wrote:
Within the dialogue, the Great Elders mentioned they saw us having a war with the Lutuma.

yeah so i ask again, did they say that that was something they "foresaw/foresee us" which is to see the future or "saw", which means they witnessed.

because if all they said was they saw us warring with the Lutuma, then surely it's just a case of them stating a fact, that they saw us having a war with the lutuma

i.e. the battle we waged early on in the chain against the lutuma NPC's. :)

If someone took notes on the entire comm chatter, then we could interpret from that, but if they don't specifically say its something they foresaw or anything else to that extent, then it reads purely as The Great Elders commenting on the fact that we had previously warred with the Lutuma.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:49 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Davistron wrote:

yeah so i ask again, did they say that that was something they "foresaw/foresee us" which is to see the future or "saw", which means they witnessed.

because if all they said was they saw us warring with the Lutuma, then surely it's just a case of them stating a fact, that they saw us having a war with the lutuma

i.e. the battle we waged early on in the chain against the lutuma NPC's. :)

If someone took notes on the entire comm chatter, then we could interpret from that, but if they don't specifically say its something they foresaw or anything else to that extent, then it reads purely as The Great Elders commenting on the fact that we had previously warred with the Lutuma.

Well, they were talking about a vision of our (the player's) race's near future.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 am

Anyone have any guesses as to what the great costs the Great Elders foresaw that we would have?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:58 am

(battle section transcript)

You: but if you dont mind, can you at least tell us what you see for us... in the near future?
crazy head: As I said, we cannot see much detail from within the Kassivar... but our own calculations show a certain event...
You: whut
crazy head:A battle.
you:with the lutuma?
crazy head:yes,One that comes at great cost to you. So it is predicted.
you: given the great lengths the lutuma went through to recover the eye i dont see how we can avoid conflict now even if we wanted to
crazy head:Nor could we tell you how to prevent it. We are only revealing what we see.
you: but... obviously the eye will remain safe?
crazy head: Yes, but we have no predictive detail beyond that.
you: any idea on what the lutuma will do next?
crazy head:... We have said all that we are "allowed". Go. Proceed with your tasks.

yeah the guys refering to a future battle it seems. in great costs I think it just means your going to have to fight against them hard. I think they refer to our races governments fighting them who will bear the losses not you persay

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:00 am

Davistron wrote:
Anyone have any guesses as to what the great costs the Great Elders foresaw that we would have?

We'll probably end up giving up the stewardship of the Oruas Eye anyway, as we'll probably realize it was a bad idea to take up the offer.

Great Costs mixed with a Battle almost certainly means an NPC final mission imo, something like 120 rounds and each NPC requires 250 CTP to engage then kill & the mission itself requires a Lutuma Core & say 500 EM.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 am

lol ... of course ... despite all my PvP'ing ... i have enough null fuses on hand (Uses Left: 586) to complete the mission ... but have run dry on warp gate chassis ... *sigh*

first time in this entire mission chain that i won't be able to complete every 20 hours :(

but if the 'Epilogue' indication is correct .. maybe that mission expiry timer won't matter ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:12 am
Profile WWW

Did either the alarri or uldrinan chains say epilogue while they were in the process of being released? I couldn't remember if their last bi-weekly chapters said epilogue and then the "real" epilogues were released when archived or if their last released bi-weekly's said the actual chapter numbers. Anyone remember?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 pm

senatorhung wrote:
but if the 'Epilogue' indication is correct .. maybe that mission expiry timer won't matter ;)

usealy take a week or 2 from the timer runs out to the mission actualy gets archived
but, if you can live with that no real hurry in getting it done asap

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Did either the alarri or uldrinan chains say epilogue while they were in the process of being released? I couldn't remember if their last bi-weekly chapters said epilogue and then the "real" epilogues were released when archived or if their last released bi-weekly's said the actual chapter numbers. Anyone remember?

yeah, epiloges just the last mission in the chain to go on standard release
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40583&hilit=TRE08&start=0

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Maybe it will be similar to the Silthion mission, that unlocked queens/hives/hybrids/Silthion Hybrid Larva.

Lots of possibilities.

It could be a new race.
It could be a repeatable mission with a market similar to raix.
It could be a new ally.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:43 am

Hallucinations wrote:
It could be a repeatable mission with a market similar to raix.
It could be a new ally.

I think either of these two are the most likely... After reading through the mission briefing my first thought was an ally, but another mission + market would also be a possibility.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:23 am

Hallucinations wrote:
Maybe it will be similar to the Silthion mission, that unlocked queens/hives/hybrids/Silthion Hybrid Larva.

the mission briefing did say something about that we would have to fight a battle
so new NPC might be a good guess

but we wont know for sure until we actualy get it

Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Can someone supply me a link to a/the image of the great elders race displayed in this mission?

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next