View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 ALERT: TLC08: The Lutuma Coup 

Mission

The Lutuma Coup

The Chamber has been prepared, but the Lutuma have arrived in large numbers, and are blockading the area. We can't risk relocating the Eye from the Kassivar until we deal with their ships first.

Cost Per Round: 500 Energy + 50 CTP
20 Rounds, daily mission, can be completed 20 times.
Reward: 100 Experience + NPC Battle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Medal

The Lutuma
Finish the entire mission saga starting with 'Enigmatic Destruction' and its 7 subsequent missions.
Reward: 20 Medal Points + The Oruas Eye

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Lutuma Command Ship

Rank 300 Command Ship
Special
20000 / 20000 Shields
5000 / 5000 Hull
These Command Ships lead the large numbers of Lutuma vessels on their mission outside of the Oruas region.
Enemy Type Standard
Abilities
-NSX GridMines: Will often launch NSX GridMines against attacking ship, lowering defense by 60% temporarily. (Duration 5 minutes)
-Lutuma GridCharge: Will sometimes pull energy from launched GridMines, and recharge shields if 2 or more GridMines are already active on your ship. (Restores shields fully)
Attack 1500
Defense 3800
Cloak 100

Reward: 50 Exp + Lutuma Command Module (see post below)

Mission Reward

Lutuma Command Module

[Planet Structure - Size:1, Artifact: 1, Mining: 1, Research: 1, Defense: 8000]
Activated Ability (50 Charges): Command Codes ( Boosts production based on the number of your allies )
Limit 1 per planet
Scraps for 5-10 ctp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Medal Reward

The Oruas Eye

Ally info here

Lutuma Command Ship
( The Lutuma )
Rank 300 Command Ship
Special

These Command Ships lead the large numbers of Lutuma vessels on their mission outside of the Oruas region.

20000 Shields
5000 Hull

Enemy Type Standard
Abilities NSX GridMines, Lutuma GridCharge
Attack 1500
Defense 3800
Cloak 100

NSX GridMines: Will often launch NSX GridMines against attacking ships, lowering defense by 60% temporarily.
Lutama GridCharge: Will sometimes pull energy from launched GridMines, and recharge shields if 2 or more GridMines are already active on your ship.

Drops Lutama Command Module.

Size:1, Artifact: 1, Mining: 1, Research: 1, Defense: 8000
Activated Ability(50 Charges): Command Codes ( Boosts production based on the number of your allies )
Limit 1 per planet
Scraps for 5-10 ctp

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:36 pm

The Lutuma
Finish the entire mission saga starting with 'Enigmatic Destruction' and its 7 subsequent missions.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:16 pm

This is an ace final mission to what has been an in-depth and fairly difficult chain to complete which when compared to others, make those others look like childs play.

I hope we see more of these missions that require more than 1 Arti/Special Item/Energy as well as multiple aspects to complete(like the keys).

:mrgreen:

Can't wait to get what i shall assume is another Ally in the form of the Oruas Eye. :)

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:33 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
This is an ace final mission to what has been an in-depth and fairly difficult chain to complete which when compared to others, make those others look like childs play.

I hope we see more of these missions that require more than 1 Arti/Special Item/Energy as well as multiple aspects to complete(like the keys).

:mrgreen:

Can't wait to get what i shall assume is another Ally in the form of the Oruas Eye. :)

Tbh im dissapointed in this mission, but thats through the nexus of not knowing what the real end reward, the oruas eye, is.
Also would be nice if there was a new repeatable npc or two unlocked when the oruas eye is installed. maybe a standard that drops a arti recharges this thing a couple of charges and a boss/elite one with some new shinys.

that said, im pleased to be FINALY able to start working on finishing mission one now lol.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Im guessing from sun tzus post in that other thread that the production boost is 1%*ally number for 40 hours but can someone confirm?

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Peticks wrote:
Im guessing from sun tzus post in that other thread that the production boost is 1%*ally number for 40 hours but can someone confirm?

no one will be able to confirm for at least 10 days (20 mission rounds to complete)

so Dan does manage the stagger with the Chuhn (assuming it gets released late next week - twas released last year on 04sep) AND covers some of the ctp needed to finish the Coup.

i updated the medal wiki page ... but left off a link to the final Oruas Eye rewards since we have not confirmed whether it is a ship mod or an ally yet. this will have to be disambiguated with The Oruas Eye (mission).

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Peticks wrote:

no one will be able to confirm for at least 10 days (20 mission rounds to complete)

so Dan does manage the stagger with the Chuhn (assuming it gets released late next week - twas released last year on 04sep) AND covers some of the ctp needed to finish the Coup.

i updated the medal wiki page ... but left off a link to the final Oruas Eye rewards since we have not confirmed whether it is a ship mod or an ally yet. this will have to be disambiguated with The Oruas Eye (mission).

nah I mean for the reward from the mission, not the eye :P

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:07 pm

I have ten allies this is what i got.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:15 pm

The whole Lutuma chain was just a nasty mess. With the introduction of those nasty timers in the earlier missions that just kept you chained to the computer for hours for no good reason to the EM and CTP costs to do this chain. Do-able, but really, really nasty and I really don't want to see any like it again. All I can say is I hope the Lutuma Eye thing is mind-bogglingly awesome! Wouldn't you hate to sink 20k CTP into something that, say, gives you another randomized buff or something else horrible like that? That would just be sadistic....

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:36 pm

I am fine with everything else from the mission chain but the 40800 CTP requirement has really annoyed me. The final reward from the mission is more than likely gonna be disapointment considering the immense cost of getting it.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Biped wrote:
I am fine with everything else from the mission chain but the 40800 CTP requirement has really annoyed me. The final reward from the mission is more than likely gonna be disapointment considering the immense cost of getting it.

I dont agree with the figure of 40800 being used. 10800 of that was put into a very rewarding mission. the key of kassivar is very, very nice and tbh I would have paid the 10800 regardless of the chain to have it.
the first set of 10k at least gives a nice spaced one its the final mission that is the biggest sink in my opinion. To be honest I think the final missions reward should have no charge limit. that In my opinion, would make it much nicer :)

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Yeah, i admit the first 10k spent was definitely worth the cost, but unless the oruas eye is superb i don't think it will justify its cost.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 pm

I speculate that the eye is a planet structure. Basically since in the next to last mission you have to create an Oruas Eye Chamber which is a planet structure to house the Eye. Guess we'll see in 10 days.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
I speculate that the eye is a planet structure. Basically since in the next to last mission you have to create an Oruas Eye Chamber which is a planet structure to house the Eye. Guess we'll see in 10 days.

I think it needs to, and probably will, give an ability somehow. if its just a planet structure this powerfull eye helping us to see the future is being wasted lol

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:29 am

Peticks wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

I think it needs to, and probably will, give an ability somehow. if its just a planet structure this powerfull eye helping us to see the future is being wasted lol

I HAVE SEEN IT !! THE FUTURE IS PREJOR !!!

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:55 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

I HAVE SEEN IT !! THE FUTURE IS PREJOR !!!

i really hope so, ive been hoping something would be done with that story for a while now.
that or it **possibly** could be a lead in to the followup of the rift planet mission, i could kinda see that too.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 am

Peticks wrote:
Biped wrote:
the key of kassivar is very, very nice and tbh I would have paid the 10800 regardless of the chain to have it.
the first set of 10k at least gives a nice spaced one its the final mission that is the biggest sink in my opinion. To be honest I think the final missions reward should have no charge limit. that In my opinion, would make it much nicer :)

I'm not sure why people think the key of kassivar is so nice. A little shields and cloak plus an ability that has about a 20% chance of giving you what you want when you want it (very reminiscent of the Bainar ability). So far, I think I've gotten what I actually wanted from it exactly once (the 2% scan buff on a UST scan buff day when I was gonna scan...and then I still found nothing worthwhile...but that's not it's fault). I would have been much happier with a selectable buff for over 10K CTP so you could have gotten the buff you wanted (betcha almost all the selections would have been the scan or attack buffs and the others would go almost unused). At this point, I as annoyed with it as I still am with the Bainar. And, I've had the Bainar for a long time and the 20% desirable drop rate still annoys me so I'm not sure I'm gonna see the key any differently a year from now...

But I definitely agree with you that the final mission with it's 20K CTP cost should have had no "charge limit" on it. If each charge is good for 1 day, 15 hours, you should run through those charges in about 3 months and then you're just left with a 1-1 arti (unless they're *cough*cough* GP refillable...which I think of as just as unrewarding...and we won't know until at least 3 months go by). The cost just seems extremely high for something that you'll run through all the charges on in only a little 3 months. Even the nice 8K defense included is mostly going to go to waste since most folks will drop these on invincible planets first to squeeze the most out of them.

By the way, anyone drop one on a planet yet and find out if they're extractable or not?

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next