View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 storage question 

do more artifact point mean bether luck in artifact shipment.in the way that if you get 500 artifact and you have more point than this do you have more luck in your shipment.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:18 am

so not sure what you mean by luck...but here's some info

hourly production is what you get PER hour...storage allows you to STORE more...so you can wait longer to collect...it does not inherently ENHANCE WHAT you get, just allows more pts to build up before you lose the overage.

Now the better artifacts tend to COST more pts to get...but its' random...so in a roundabout way more storage allows you to have more pts, so more random shots at better items....but the fact of having them does not directly make what you get better.

Presumably most people consider rescued prisoners the BEST drop and crew and hull and shields the second tier. Somewhat subjective.

Hope this helps.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:40 am

ok thank no need to buy gp for storage can buy analysis instead

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 pm

IF you are planning on spending money on the game, Get your mission Planets before you go getting augments, your Dyson/Exotic/Rifts will give you one of the best bangs for your buck in the game. if you already have thoughs (or don't have enough gp) get Fathers. Energy recharge is never a bad thing :)

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:38 am

Id say fathers first then mission planets .
Anywho , the invincibilty factor of the mission planets means nobody can ever take your investment away from you. Storage towers can be stolen by invasion and your money goes poof . wait to buy towers after you get your money planets
Also if you have access to a ctlab you can create polychoron vaults . drop one on every planet you own

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:51 am

I never thought i would see the day when a rank 1900+ would be asking this question. :roll:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:24 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
I never thought i would see the day when a rank 1900+ would be asking this question. :roll:

Haha, I thought the same thing!

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 am

trusted to this for so long and never asked any question and yes i got all rift still alkl event mods

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:19 pm

on the [url=http://www.galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Common_Artifacts[/url] wiki page, you can sort by artifact point cost.

the only time 'luck' comes into play in terms of what artis you can pull is when your arti per hour is less than 20k. over 20k, mass storage pods become available. if you are at 20,001 arti per hour, your entire pull for an hour could be 1 mass storage pod. since that 1 MSP takes the place of possibly 5 rescued prisoners, you can decide whether that is 'lucky' or not.

once you have magnitudes more arti per hour, the discrepancies between arti distribution in pulls should even out over time.

you can only keep as many arti points, mineral points and research points as your storage capacity (diff from cargo space).

http://www.galaxylegion.com/wiki/index. ... vs_Storage

Storage is your ship's capacity to hold undrawn artifact points, mineral points, and research points. Research point storage increases by 150 RP for every rank gained, while Mineral point storage increases by 500 per planet occupied, and Artifact point Storage by 1,000 per planet occupied. Storage for Research, Artifacts, and Mining production can be further increased by purchasing storage towers from the Artifact Market using GP.

so buying storage towers increases the maximum time that you can accumulate resource points before the excess is lost.

i am trying to aim for an 8.hour window for arti and minerals to allow for sufficient sleep time. i've given up on keeping up with research storage to match. currently at: 8.60 hours for mining ... 7.95 hours for arti ... 5.97 hours for research

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i am trying to aim for an 8.hour window for arti and minerals to allow for sufficient sleep time. i've given up on keeping up with research storage to match.

I'd like to get over that 8 hour window as well. Currently at mid-6s for mining and research and 10 hours for artifacts. Adding polychoron vaults as fast as I can make and steal them, and mineral storage whenever I find one on a planet I can gank. (Haven't seen a lot of arti storage that I can steal.)

I currently have one storage planet w/the max of 5 of each resource, working on my second one now.

My son has been getting up in the middle of hte night, so I've been doing pretty well of not overflowing capacity too often at least.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:01 pm

ive read for fun tips in wiki and it says. Don't be in a hurry to spend your Artifact Points. The more artifact points you save the better chance you have of getting better Artifacts. NOTE: Rescued Prisoners, the best artifact in the game (it gives you three Rank Points), appear at 4000 Artifact Points. Therefore, the best place to collect your Points is as close over 4000 as you can get. also at the very end of the page.Beginners Guide to Artifacts
Don't be in a hurry to spend your Artifact Points. The more artifact points you save the better chance you have of getting better items. To see what you can get look at the Artifacts page.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:21 am

the ancient wrote:
ive read for fun tips in wiki and it says. Don't be in a hurry to spend your Artifact Points. The more artifact points you save the better chance you have of getting better Artifacts. NOTE: Rescued Prisoners, the best artifact in the game (it gives you three Rank Points), appear at 4000 Artifact Points. Therefore, the best place to collect your Points is as close over 4000 as you can get. also at the very end of the page.Beginners Guide to Artifacts
Don't be in a hurry to spend your Artifact Points. The more artifact points you save the better chance you have of getting better items. To see what you can get look at the Artifacts page.

that is only appropriate for players with under 20k arti per hour. after that, it does not matter.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]