View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 The Oruas Eye - Ally 

Good vision, wonder if the other of the couple is out yet

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:56 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Bloopbloop wrote:
Just activated my ability, and it looks like a brand new effect is available:

The only issue would be Mawks.

What if you get this effect after you finish your task on Mawks, but before the end of day 1 of 4?

I read out that the ability activates when you finish your task, not when the LM ends.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:59 am

Dominioon wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
Bloopbloop wrote:
Just activated my ability, and it looks like a brand new effect is available:

The only issue would be Mawks.

What if you get this effect after you finish your task on Mawks, but before the end of day 1 of 4?

I read out that the ability activates when you finish your task, not when the LM ends.

Yep Dominioon, you are correct, but I believe Kirk's point, which is very valid, is that if you receive the effect on Day 1 of something like Mawks which is 4 days but have already completed then the effect will time out before the next one can start, so is totally useless in that circumstance.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:07 am

Then you will just lose the vision. Like you lose Kassivar when you just need scan bonus but will get something else.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:31 am

Dominioon wrote:
Then you will just lose the vision. Like you lose Kassivar when you just need scan bonus but will get something else.

Yes in one small way and a big fat no in another - you get a new Kassivar every 40 hours and that effect expires in a considerably shorter timeframe than 72 hours. You are never stuck with a Kassivar effect you cannot use beyond the cooldown period.

It is a little harsh to have to wait 3 days and still miss out completely when simply extending the timer to match the longest LM would solve any potential problem. The abilities are ordinary enough as it is without wasting 3 days waiting for one to expire, not because you choose not to invade a planet or raid a base but because it is literally impossible to use in that circumstance.

Alternatively, perhaps when the cooldown timer passes, players should be able to overwrite any vision currently still active rather than have it locked in until it expires.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:41 am

remember .. the mission chain warned us that not all visions would be good ...

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
remember .. the mission chain warned us that not all visions would be good ...

The key thing for me is the visions are meant to be prophesies.
If the prophesies cannot possibly be fulfilled, then they are not prophecies, they are crap.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:05 pm

maybe dan is a false prophet!!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Just finished my legion task, and legion mission is now complete, yet this is still present on my actions tab:

Vision of Adventure
(When completing your next Legion Mission task, you will receive 3 Relic Badges in addition to your reward.)
(1 day, 1 hour left)

I was under the impression once either I had finished my task, or the legion mission itself had finished, I would get my reward? Yet no reward and effect not removed. Was hoping to use my ability again, but cannot until this disappears. Any thoughts/advice?

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:00 pm

stevo2012 wrote:
Just finished my legion task, and legion mission is now complete, yet this is still present on my actions tab:

Vision of Adventure
(When completing your next Legion Mission task, you will receive 3 Relic Badges in addition to your reward.)
(1 day, 1 hour left)

I was under the impression once either I had finished my task, or the legion mission itself had finished, I would get my reward? Yet no reward and effect not removed. Was hoping to use my ability again, but cannot until this disappears. Any thoughts/advice?

It should have rewarded you as soon as you completed your task.

Mine worked fine the other day.

My only thought is maybe there's a piece of coding that senses when you join a Task & so since the text reads "your next LM task", if you had already joined the current LM before getting the effect, it hasn't rewarded you(despite completing it after the fact of the effect), but it will when you complete a task on your now "next LM task".

If you did however join the task after getting the effect, so both your joining and finishing occurred after getting the effect, then send a ticket with the LM that didn't reward so Dan has all the details. :)

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:04 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
stevo2012 wrote:

Vision of Adventure
(1 day, 1 hour left)

My only thought is maybe there's a piece of coding that senses when you join a Task & so since the text reads "your next LM task", if you had already joined the current LM before getting the effect, it hasn't rewarded you(despite completing it after the fact of the effect), but it will when you complete a task on your now "next LM task".

If you did however join the task after getting the effect, so both your joining and finishing occurred after getting the effect, then send a ticket with the LM that didn't reward so Dan has all the details. :)

ok i see what your saying...well, the vision lasts 3 days, theres 1 day left on it, so iv had it 2 days, the LM has just finished, whose time wasnt altered, so that LM started before I got the vision, however, Im pretty sure I didnt start my task until after getting the vision, but I cant be sure. Another LM has just started, so if what your saying is true, I should get it on this 1. Lets see, il be back on soon to let you know...

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:15 pm

juiceman wrote:
maybe dan is a false prophet!!

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 am
Profile WWW

stevo2012 wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
stevo2012 wrote:

Vision of Adventure
(1 day, 1 hour left)

ok i see what your saying...well, the vision lasts 3 days, theres 1 day left on it, so iv had it 2 days, the LM has just finished, whose time wasnt altered, so that LM started before I got the vision, however, Im pretty sure I didnt start my task until after getting the vision, but I cant be sure. Another LM has just started, so if what your saying is true, I should get it on this 1. Lets see, il be back on soon to let you know...

mine just worked fine today. but i had the vision first (an hour prior to the LM reset) .. then next LM .. then task completion. i suspect that if you already have a LM task started before you get the vision .. it will not take effect until the next task is started and completion.

so since i had just finished my LM task .. i hit up the oruas eye again .. and got adventure again .. so i will have a tight deadline on getting the adventure effect on the next LM ... like 3 hours or so lol. makes things interesting ... ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:28 am
Profile WWW

ok, @ Kirk and senator, you are both quite right, i completed my next legion mission task, and got the extra 3 relics, and effect disappeared, so it seems to be as you were saying senator, that it wont count the LM if its already in process when you get the vision. However, now I have 2 days 8 hrs left on current LM, and my oruas produced vision of adventure again, same as senators, with 2 days 13 hrs left on that vision.....so a 6 hour window to complete my task on my next LM if I'm to get the reward again. Not quite as bad as senators, but still...jeeeezzzz.....

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:43 pm

I really think it should have been 4 days because of Mawhks; especially since that new effect seems to be so rare. It would be a shame if it gets wasted as much as it already does.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:56 pm

Well, you can always pay GP to speed up the legion mission completion time. If you don't have the medal yet there's that, too...

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:26 pm

I had it happen to me. We got to the final mawks mission, did my task, hours later got the new effect off my ouras eye. I was pretty bummed.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Got the effect for a second time in 3 uses, stuck with it for 14 hours so far and another 21 to go.... Sucks as i got it on a regular Oruas Eye use and not a Bond use

But i'll take a guaranteed 3 Relics so am please to wait lol.

Still could use 2-3 more effects for the eye, if only to ensure fewer back to back Visions.

Overall, very pleased thus far. :)

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:51 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Got the effect for a second time in 3 uses, stuck with it for 14 hours so far and another 21 to go.... Sucks as i got it on a regular Oruas Eye use and not a Bond use

But i'll take a guaranteed 3 Relics so am please to wait lol.

Still could use 2-3 more effects for the eye, if only to ensure fewer back to back Visions.

Overall, very pleased thus far. :)

I am glad some people are happy, after receiving my 4th invasion vision in a row - to go with all the other invasion visions I have got - I am fully supportive of less back to back visions.
It just gets boring to get the same useless thing over and over again.

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:35 am

Yea I'm sick of seeing the invasion vision too, I get excited when something else turns up! But then it has made me invade more so not all bad

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next