View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 The Oruas Eye - Ally 

From Sonic Screwdriver of GP:

Very complicated, gives you two abilities:

-Oruas Eye Deeper Bond: Resets the cooldown for The Oruas Eye. Adds 1 Corruption. Does not appear to be a cost, 40 hour cooldown
-The Oruas Eye: Refeals one of many visions that influences your future. Costs 500 energy, 3 day, 8 hour cooldown.

Corruption currently creates something like the Raix/Uldri trade market but it is currently empty. That said the corruption does take up 500 space in your cargo. Sonic wonders if "there is nothing to buy in that market and that corruption just builds up and fills your cargo"

The other one gives you what looks like maybe, random tasks.

Current one: Vision of Bounty
(On your next successful base raid, you will receive an additional, special item along with your crate.)
(2 days, 15 hours left)

Note, this did not disappear after his successful base raid (on a L5, don't ask!) but as far as he can tell, he did not get anything for a successful raid. Possibly a bug, already contacted Dan about it.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Very interesting. Imo if dan thinks the corruption market will be bad stuff used to decrease the cargo space used he underestimates the cargo growth of most ships. Hopefully their beneficial and the eyes abilities sound pretty awesome. Hopefully its fixed soon so that we can document the rewards. Nice one for taking the 20hour bullet for the team sonic!

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Based on that description I'm guessing that the corruption marketplace will remain empty (assuming corruption isn't scrappable) and that it's supposed to be a trade-off...cut off up to 40 hours of waiting at the expense of installing 9 MSPs or 50 tesseracts.

Though by the time that you get the ability, I imagine that is a pretty paltry price.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Based on that description I'm guessing that the corruption marketplace will remain empty (assuming corruption isn't scrappable) and that it's supposed to be a trade-off...cut off up to 40 hours of waiting at the expense of installing 9 MSPs or 50 tesseracts.

Though by the time that you get the ability, I imagine that is a pretty paltry price.

Considering theres a special market I would imagine there is going to be something to fill it. Otherwise I would assume he would just list it like with xts9

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

bet the messed up base raid ability has to do with this.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 pm

The market will be filled with something, no doubt. Either Dan hasn't created the content yet or something is messed up with the code. We've seen this a quite a few times recently with people unlocking things quickly.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
bet the messed up base raid ability has to do with this.
Hopefully!

As of last Saturday, planet scans froze up in a similar manner, too (had to reload GL about 20 times during run); assuming it's related there is probably a "scan quest," too. Or at least I hope that's why bases/planet scans have been funky for the last several days!

:eek:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:44 pm

maybe the rewards are simply cloaked

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:17 am

The effects from the ability are definitely random, as I got a different effect than mentioned above.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:38 am

Bloopbloop wrote:
The effects from the ability are definitely random, as I got a different effect than mentioned above.

I really hope there are like 20 of these random effects and not just 5 or so, because damn if that ain't an OP ability effect.... way too OP to be something as low as a 1/5 chance at getting that every 40 hours.

It's essentially a permanent chance at obtaining a Paradox Generator.....

That said, with a cost of almost 60k CTP through the entire chain and several hundred thousand EM as well, i guess these abilities do warrant a little bit of OPness.

I just hope that there are at least a dozen or so different effects. :)

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:24 am

kirkeastment wrote:
I really hope there are like 20 of these random effects and not just 5 or so, because damn if that ain't an OP ability effect.... way too OP to be something as low as a 1/5 chance at getting that every 40 hours.

Do we know if the effect expires upon invading? If not, then throw in a couple Annex Decrees and damn.

But hey, planet defense is now more useless. :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Sonic says he can't get a new vision because he is stuck with the old one until it expires.

He has successfully raided multiple bases and not gotten the artie.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:10 pm

ActualFate wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:

Do we know if the effect expires upon invading? If not, then throw in a couple Annex Decrees and damn.

But hey, planet defense is now more useless. :mrgreen:

Yes, I successfully invaded a little bit ago, and the effect is gone now.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Vision of Prosperity (You are guaranteed to experience a planetary event within the next 24 hours, in addition to any other possible events that may occur normally.) (2 days, 23 hours left)

Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:47 pm

ODragon wrote:
Vision of Prosperity (You are guaranteed to experience a planetary event within the next 24 hours, in addition to any other possible events that may occur normally.) (2 days, 23 hours left)

See ya, Governor.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
ODragon wrote:

See ya, Governor.

Not necessarily. I mean i haven't been Governor much at all and it's been a while, but say for example you get 1 planetary event per day as governor, then this effect will allow 2 per day increasing the chances of more Hyperseekers and Chaotic ArcRift Entities....everytime you get this effect. If you're going Uldri because you need some Uldri credits for the artis in the market, this can be a handy profession to be. :)

Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Zargor wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
ODragon wrote:

See ya, Governor.

Not necessarily. I mean i haven't been Governor much at all and it's been a while, but say for example you get 1 planetary event per day as governor, then this effect will allow 2 per day increasing the chances of more Hyperseekers and Chaotic ArcRift Entities....everytime you get this effect. If you're going Uldri because you need some Uldri credits for the artis in the market, this can be a handy profession to be. :)

It appears to happen at the same time the normal planetary events occur (for me). Not sure if it will yield 2 events at the same time. If anyone sees that happen, it might be worth reporting here.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:52 pm

PurFikshun wrote:
It appears to happen at the same time the normal planetary events occur (for me). Not sure if it will yield 2 events at the same time. If anyone sees that happen, it might be worth reporting here.

Sonic got Undersea Archives and Trade Hub at the same time due to this vision.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 pm

ODragon wrote:
Current one: Vision of Bounty
(On your next successful base raid, you will receive an additional, special item along with your crate.)
(2 days, 15 hours left)

Note, this did not disappear after his successful base raid (on a L5, don't ask!) but as far as he can tell, he did not get anything for a successful raid. Possibly a bug, already contacted Dan about it.

Same thing happened to me on a L6 base. No special prize that I could find anywhere and my ship shows the Vision of Bounty effect like it wasn't even triggered. I suspect the other two abilities found (Conquering and Prosperity) work properly, just not the Vision of Bounty.

Update as of 1400 GST on 11/30/2015. Third successful raid. This time the raid success alert worked and the Vision of Bounty fired. Received an Adumbrate Station Upgrade -- Updates an existing Adumbrate Station structure on your planet, doubling all of it's bonuses. Scrap value 10000-40000.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 am

assuming this exists for all drops this is the real winner here. 2:1 buildings with 400 cloak are good, but upgraded crystals might be a thing.... alot of possibility!

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next