View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 The Oruas Eye - Ally 

then what is the point of posting hey I got it if your not going to release the information so the wiki can be updated and people know what the reward is -_-

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Peticks wrote:
then what is the point of posting hey I got it if your not going to release the information so the wiki can be updated and people know what the reward is -_-

^ This

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:55 pm

for the fact of all the ssb's in the game i believe they should not know the information unless they do the mission and i am not the only person who believes the same thing

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:43 pm

only if i could get all the others who doing the mission to back up the same idea and not just some of us that would fix all this ssb issue as they have a choice add some decks to do the mission or not know what the heck is hidden that they are to scared to add decks to do

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Why are certain high ranks so obsessed with SSB's?
SSB's have their advantages and disadvantages, just like MSB's have their advantages and disadvantages.
It is a game, so enjoy and build your ship like you want. Don't stress about others.
Your own goals and happiness id what is important.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:55 pm

SafferImpi wrote:
Why are certain high ranks so obsessed with SSB's?
SSB's have their advantages and disadvantages, just like MSB's have their advantages and disadvantages.
It is a game, so enjoy and build your ship like you want. Don't stress about others.
Your own goals and happiness id what is important.
Agreed.

Before Dan added the Deck-minimum goodies, there was a general consensus among smart ship-builders that the shuffling nuisance (especially for scan runs) and threat of crit hacks faced by SSBs was far outweighed by their PVP advantage, especially with high artifact production; in that sense, the system was broken, because the path to building a great PVP ship was so obviously and singular. Now, with the extra abilities, AP opportunities, planetary protection, and (most importantly) ease of cloaking planets that is available only to "larger" ships (lol 4k ain't that big), there are at least clear tradeoffs for each style of build.

Now, the main issue for PVP is more about:
1) click reduction vs. massive hull; and/or
2) making PVP rewards that are worth fighting for and always available (e.g. how Accelerators and Chargers keep Dark Badges relevant and worthwhile for basically... ever).

As far as I'm concerned, with the new tradeoffs, SSBs are more of a "nuisance" rather than an unbalanced playstyle option. Leave 'em be with their lower scan, fewer visions, and uncloaked planets :)

btw, Peticks stayed online for like 6-8 hours straight yesterday, holding off several ships hitting him at cap. If he had 7500 decks, would he have been able to do that? I'm not sure, but we were able to kill his larger-bottomed legionmates fairly quickly, and "kill the pesky SSB" (which became "wait for the pesky SSB to go to sleep, 'cause we can't kill it!") was a lot of fun. Variety in ship builds is a good thing.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:38 pm

never fear peeps, im at 15/20 on final run, could be 17 but i choose to double down on elios...ill post the final item here soon if the other finsishers wont

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:23 am

pokerman123 wrote:
it is there now but i am not sharing the information in my eyes it a useless market item others will find it very useful though

That is the perfect way to write it. I might do it once for fun.

Ding1 wrote:
On a related matter, other than the small chance of extra corruption from one of the visions, i dont see how this market makes sense. The average player wont set an alarm to activate the timer reset for each corruption, so it effectively means 2 days per corruption.

I feeling slighly underwhelmed atm, after my initial excitement.

Other than that, the drops from this chain are brilliant IMO.

I agree, the market doesn't make sense based on the cost and the ability to get corruption. Sure, you can get a couple extra from Duty but you have to spend at least 30 to get the Duty Vision and the 1/8 chance means it will take a long time to pay for itself unless you get really lucky.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:57 am

pokerman123 wrote:
only if i could get all the others who doing the mission to back up the same idea and not just some of us that would fix all this ssb issue as they have a choice add some decks to do the mission or not know what the heck is hidden that they are to scared to add decks to do

that literaly makes zero sense if you actualy look at it from being a ssb. No one spends 3-5 years restricting their deck count to permanently scrap that style in the hopes that 3 months down the line the reward they get is decent. No ssb is going to change their style till the weight of the rewards they can count on getting, not hope on getting something decent, outweighs the pvp advantage they get.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:52 pm

but its all they have. Let them enjoy the mystery of having a cool toy. SSB= best ship build in the game. for a HUGE hunk of the game (say before rank 1200) we have overwhelming advantage already who cares.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:56 pm

draxsiss wrote:
but its all they have. Let them enjoy the mystery of having a cool toy. SSB= best ship build in the game. for a HUGE hunk of the game (say before rank 1200) we have overwhelming advantage already who cares.

lol the only advantage a SSB has, ever, is that it takes people longer to kill them comparative to the majority of the playerbase & that advantage like any other is meaningless if you're offline and the person killing you doesn't care about the energy cost, just like my hull advantage goes away if i'm offline ;)

So other than that minor advantage, what else is there that makes a SSB the best build in the game?

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 pm

That final reward is pretty awesome =) I mean once I've put Corrupted Edifice's on all my planets I can help my legion base :D

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:40 pm

op IMO, So much base defence everywhere lol.

kirkeastment wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

lol the only advantage a SSB has, ever, is that it takes people longer to kill them comparative to the majority of the playerbase & that advantage like any other is meaningless if you're offline and the person killing you doesn't care about the energy cost, just like my hull advantage goes away if i'm offline ;)

So other than that minor advantage, what else is there that makes a SSB the best build in the game?

I realy dont get ssbs who dont then pvp heavily, instead halcing up. Like you've got a halc, unless your ship is ass it trigger and you will survive the attack.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:32 pm

let it be about ssb they have less attack scan and cloak, so they invade less, they scan less cloak planets and are easier to find so who cares

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:53 am

Has it been confirmed that the Caustic Membrane is on CTP as well as money ? The wording of "scraps" scares me. If it is just on money it is worthless.

Before I save and spend that much corruption I would like a straight answer. Any input would be appreciated.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:20 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
Has it been confirmed that the Caustic Membrane is on CTP as well as money ? The wording of "scraps" scares me. If it is just on money it is worthless.

Before I save and spend that much corruption I would like a straight answer. Any input would be appreciated.

the chuhn salvage arm gives 10% scrap bonus that does affect ctp so it should affect ctp as well as credits

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:33 am

Thanks Peticks it is indeed the exact same wording for both so it will work. Have a nice weekend!

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:56 am

The Great Plot mission needs to be revised in the Wiki. The Wiki says its 600 energy per round, but it's actually 900.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:27 am

Kevin9809 wrote:
The Great Plot mission needs to be revised in the Wiki. The Wiki says its 600 energy per round, but it's actually 900.

thanks for the info. page is updated.

keep in mind that NONE of the current wiki editors has this Corruption mission chain unlocked (nor will likely be unlocking it for a couple of years). so all the info there is 2d or 3d hand. if someone feeds the editors garbage .. that is what will appear on the wiki.

Pitch is doing a decent job staying on top of the Prismatic stuff .. i will unlock that in october.

we still don't have confirmation of the trainee-exclusive base abilities.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next