View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Guarding planets 

I only have 1 planet right now and no legion. I'm still very much a newbie.

Does it matter to guard planets? Which ones are more important to guard than others? Does your legion help protect planets if you have important ones? I need some sort of tips or tutorial on this issue.

Thanks!

Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 am

Guarding a planet adds your defense, attack, and cloak abilities to the planet you are guarding. You typically want to guard your most valuable planet, or one you have recently conquered.

You wont need to worry too much about guarding until you reach Rank 20. This is when your planets that are discovered by others are potentially vulnerable to attack.

Your legion can help guard your planets if the need arises, but you should wait to ask until you are at least Rank 20 and you have a good planet that is truly under risk of invasion.

Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 am

OK. Thanks for the info. I'm only rank 5 right now and I haven't found anything that seems too valuable yet.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 am

Also.. Guarding your precious planet is very useful. Invaders will have to attack planet's population FIRST to -15 or less I think then they will be able to target your ship to destroy before invade.

My legion were trying to re-capture my legion's rare planet stolen by a thief but failed because that thief was in panic mode and mass-added legion members by 50 in short time and equipped his planet 100% with attack/defense and population bringing that planet to 815 population along with ~10 legions guarding it (I'm aware of artifact to remove 1 guard but we didn't have enough) adding to the planet attack/defense that we were unable to re-capture. We did attempt the invasion 6 times and all were failed cuz invasion % was in range of 4% to 24% chance from me and few other legion members. The cargo pod is WAY WAY over-powered. Since our invasion timer is limited to 1 invasion per 1 real day time so it really gave that thief time to amass up his legion from 10ish to 68 in short time plus he was online simply re-max his planet population back 800 INSTANTLY everytime he feels like it. We decided to let it go cuz it's too fortified now cuz we gave him too much time. Cloning pod gives him lot of advantages especially when he's online.. He seems to be online all the time so he just kept repairing his ships (Yes, he has multi-accounts to play that he brags about) and clone his population to full all the time..

My legion friend sure is upset about it but lesson learned for him that he should put good defense/attack on his rare planet in first place then we tried to re-capture immediately where he didn't have much of fortification and legion members to support him but % invasion chance played pretty bad on us and it seems gave that thief great luck to invade in first attempt heh. It was pretty interesting battle but my major gripe is the cloning pod that cost only 3 g for the degree of power it gives for online defenders but it encourages legion to work on coordinated attacks and invade quickly before it gives the defender time to respond.. I like that idea. :)

Thu May 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Wow, 68 defenders... Sounds like an epic battle! Sorry it didn't go so well taking it back.

Multi accounts is very much against the ToS. if he is doing this, especially if he admits it, you should definitely bring that to the Dev's attention. (use the "contact" link at the bottom of the game window.) Defending planets is one way that multi accts can really be abused, and I would hope that there isn't much of that going on.

Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Such a big battle? Why am I not involved?? I didn't hear anything :D 800 HP. Is the planet really valuable? Exotic/Dyson? :shock:

Thu May 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Headless wrote:
Wow, 68 defenders... Sounds like an epic battle! Sorry it didn't go so well taking it back.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clearer.. I faced total about 10 defenders (guards). He had just about 10 legion members but grew to 68 in short time by mass recruiting for his own benefit. He was only ones with two ships defending his stolen rare planet but with 58 new legion members in short time, 8 of them came to his aid making the re-capture planet harder to achieve..

Thu May 20, 2010 5:15 pm

I hope this has nothing to do with the shared oceanic recently...

Thu May 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Such a big battle? Why am I not involved?? I didn't hear anything :D 800 HP. Is the planet really valuable? Exotic/Dyson? :shock:

It's just a matter of his own pride.. He has very ego problem with big words and taunt endlessly. He stole planet and would do anything to defend it just to piss my legion member more and it's working heh. His combat reputation is now laughable on both ships however and leveled up too slow cuz he basically wasted lot of EPs on posting taunts and show-offs on our wallposts and his tech slowed down thanks to my constant hacking. Few of his legion defected to ours after learning about his ways.. We also have structured fleet organization (I'm the founder) in facebook named "Disciples of the Orion" (in honor of Master of the Orion 2 my all-time favorite sci-fi wargame of '90s..) to work together and he is currently our #1 enemy on the list. Well, actually he's only one single enemy on our list.

He also stole my newly acquired M.O.T.H.E.R. artifact off me when I was only a newbie few weeks ago learning new things about wonderful Galaxy Legion and he was much higher level than I was. His action on stealing and lying against me and my Legion (several of my legion members are my RL friends that we played in other MMOs for years) only made us stronger as team and he is falling behind..

If anyone of you are interested in joining our structured fleet, PM me for info. I rather to have mature players in our legion not ones similar to that dumb guy.

Last edited by Nocifer Deathblade on Thu May 20, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Barracuda wrote:
I hope this has nothing to do with the shared oceanic recently...

Yup. That was the one..

Thu May 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Just move on as getting the planet back would just take too much effort. (from your description) It's just an oceanic. There are better planets out there I guarantee that. (terra/exotic/dyson)

I'll be removing this "multi account" player from my legion...

Last edited by Barracuda on Thu May 20, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Headless wrote:

Multi accounts is very much against the ToS. if he is doing this, especially if he admits it, you should definitely bring that to the Dev's attention. (use the "contact" link at the bottom of the game window.) Defending planets is one way that multi accts can really be abused, and I would hope that there isn't much of that going on.

It's really tough to enforce.. Too many players have multi-accounts for so many FB games that it seems is becoming a norm.. Players with multi-accounts are inevitable for Galaxy Legion..

Thu May 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Just move on as getting the planet back would just take too much effort. (from your description) It's just an oceanic. There are better planets out there I guarantee that. (terra/exotic/dyson)

I'll be removing this "multi account" player from my legion...

Yeah, we are aware that we can move on to find better ones or similiar to oceanic but we just wanted to get that planet back from him cuz of the way he rubbed in our nose mocking us etc. It's just matter of pride.. It's just a personal war against him alone not against his legion at all. Most of his legions seems are staying out knowing that it's just personal conflict.

It's very easy to identify his multi-account by seeing two ships carrying same last name.. At first, I thought two ships are brothers til he yelled at me that he was of the SAME person insulting me that I thought he was brothers.. That was rather foolish in his part. I still have his claim as same person on my wallpost as proof that I haven't deleted or on his wallpost? I forgot. I will double check when I get home tonight anyway.. I know he has two accounts but not sure if he has 3rd one cuz he seems never to have artifacts on both of his ships, yet, he uses lot of artifacts. It might be cuz he got 3rd hidden ship to store all of his artifacts away from raiders.. Just a theory on 3rd account..

Thu May 20, 2010 5:42 pm

One thing I really am glad that it happened is that it taught me some real mechanics of the game and strategy so we can be better prepared for any new conflicts showing up.. We view him and that planet as training platform as a team to coordinate so we can be more well-oiled team down the road against tougher players if they ever declared "war" on us to provoke us into the war..

Thu May 20, 2010 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]