View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Ship stats 

Hi, ive been reading around in this forum and many puts decksize and cargo to build up alot..
But what i notice is that too me it looks more like energy needs to be built up a bit, currently i have from 64 to 160-or-so nax energy(denpending on the configure of power-addons).

Why doesnt anybody really put energy on the "should build some"-list? (havent seen anyone mention energy to be usefull to build up..)

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm

It is because energy could be increased using reactors/cores. Decks and cargo on the other hand can only be increased using Rank points and there are no modules to increases these.

EDIT: Energy is useful. But rank points are worth more...

Wed May 19, 2010 5:32 pm

i have. i read some one who put a lot into energy early to rank up. then all decks and cargo. it may help early but i think in the long run decks and cargo are the way to go. that way you can fit all those really big modules to scan, for power, faster recharge... etc. it just depends on how YOU want to play. have fun playing a great game

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Wed May 19, 2010 5:35 pm

So most sits with energy ranging around the 100s only?
(i know ppl change modules to during off hours get a large top max energy and at level up and reactors to gain energy fast when at the computer)

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Wed May 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Some people have 1-3 reactors installed almost all the time. Also they get android engineers from artifact shipments, increasing the number of engineers they have. Most people would have 100-200 energy at lower ranks and above 500 energy for the higher ranks

Wed May 19, 2010 5:39 pm

i always have 3 reactors on and take my recharger on and off depending on how long i will be away and if im about to level up

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I spent my first 20 or so levels getting engineers. I have like 300 of them. I have over 240 energy left with 4 of those -6 second reducer things. That way I can sleep for almost 10 hours, and come back to "max" energy. Plus, for the first 20 or so levels, I was almost able to level with the energy I got from each level. Now, I put my points into ship and cargo, but I really find the energy to be a good investment.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Im level 14 and have 40 decks, 55 cargo, 88 engineers, 5 tactical officers, 7 helmsmen, 127 scientists

Little form what i gathered from this forum, hit on scientists "hard" in the beginning and then pump cargo/decks, but atm i do like 30-40% of levels required exp with the energy refill from level up.

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Wed May 19, 2010 7:00 pm

have you researched down the "advanced power systems" tree?

that is where you get your energy.

atm I have almost 900 energy with only the reactors on from that tree energy recharges every 2.8 min)
or I have 600 with my reactors and my relays on (and my energy recharges every 1.4 minute)

so i have enough to go to bed and wake up and still not full (while refilling 2x as fast as normal ;P)

and no I did not put rank points into energy - decks decks decks

Wed May 19, 2010 7:06 pm

i got 524 remaining on Graviton Induction level 2/4.

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Engineers are very important in my opinion, up to a point. If you log in more than once per day you'll really never need more than 300-400 energy due to the time it takes to regain it. I have enough engineers now so that I don't NEED to add modules, I'll usually add them right before I level. I try to plan it so that if I empty the energy bar before bed & before work, I'm close to full by the time I get back on.

Another vastly underrated crew type are scientists, they really add up. Some people rely on planet structures which is fine, but scientists are like free planets that don't count toward your maximum and can never be invaded. 1 RP invested each level will be +300 research by rank 100. How many planets would it take to equal that? It also lets me focus planet production more on artifacts (having the right artifacts = pressing the "I Win" button in almost any situation.)

In theory, engineers & scientists also count towards your success during raids and invasions. (I'm still very skeptical about raiding though, I decided they're not worth the risk a long time ago.)

Wed May 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Currently im running 3 cores and 4 conduits, you need to keep up your research in the energy line if you want to rank up quickly. 716 energy w/ conduits 996 w/o. Remember to ride the free energy from rank ups.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Cothordin wrote:
Currently im running 3 cores and 4 conduits, you need to keep up your research in the energy line if you want to rank up quickly. 716 energy w/ conduits 996 w/o. Remember to ride the free energy from rank ups.

Coth how long does it take to recharge that much energy? I would think that would only make sense if you logged in just once per day. If I had 4 of the best relays available to me mow, I'd recharge 1 energy in a little under 2 and a half minutes. Let's say I have 300 energy. It would take me about 12.5 hours to recharge that. And if I logged in every 8 hours or less I would never really need more than 200 energy. If you have x4 of the +12 recharge conduits, it would still take 24 hours to recharge 720 energy, which seems like overkill. The only thing that would offset that is the free refill from leveling, but is that enough to make it worthwhile?

One exception would be the credit card players, who might think nothing of buying GP and refilling energy as needed. That would definitely add up fast.

Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 am

Headless wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

Coth how long does it take to recharge that much energy? I would think that would only make sense if you logged in just once per day. If I had 4 of the best relays available to me mow, I'd recharge 1 energy in a little under 2 and a half minutes. Let's say I have 300 energy. It would take me about 12.5 hours to recharge that. And if I logged in every 8 hours or less I would never really need more than 200 energy. If you have x4 of the +12 recharge conduits, it would still take 24 hours to recharge 720 energy, which seems like overkill. The only thing that would offset that is the free refill from leveling, but is that enough to make it worthwhile?

One exception would be the credit card players, who might think nothing of buying GP and refilling energy as needed. That would definitely add up fast.

With all my conduits/cores and the +25 from mission items, little over 16 hours for a full recharge, of course thats 716 energy.
So 300(E)nergy/12.5(H)ours=24 E/H AKA 1E / 2.5(M)inutes
Applying this to my situation 716E * 2.5E/M= 1790M AKA 29H50M

So which would you rather have to wait for a full recharge, 16H6M or 29H50M?

Thu May 20, 2010 2:48 am

Also another question "haunting me"..
How much/far should i take the scientists?
is 141 RP per hour enough or should i pump it higher then this?
currently level 16,

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Thu May 20, 2010 6:52 am

Do not waste too much rank points on engineers/scientist/cargo. Once you hit higher level, they will come in artifact shipments more often than not. As for increasing RP, focus on planets with research rather than scientist using rank points. The only reason I can think of about increasing scientist is for raiding, which in turn isn't lucrative.

Thu May 20, 2010 6:59 am

Barracuda wrote:
Do not waste too much rank points on engineers/scientist/cargo. Once you hit higher level, they will come in artifact shipments more often than not. As for increasing RP, focus on planets with research rather than scientist using rank points. The only reason I can think of about increasing scientist is for raiding, which in turn isn't lucrative.

Ok, so scientists stays at current level,

I just noticed and thought of.. currently it looks like one CAN run out of missions one can run
because some have requisites such as 2 kills, 20 cloak, 40 attack..
Or will i naturally get those points thru reseach/addons for the ships or should i look into put some points into those areas so i atleast have some missions to do when the rest current ones are compleatly done?

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Thu May 20, 2010 7:01 am

FuriousRage wrote:
because some have requisites such as 2 kills, 20 cloak, 40 attack..

True. I did almost ran out of missions. Had to get like 10 kills/ some stats.
Do put some research to get modules to unlock them.
For those "violence" requirements, that's totally up to you to disable/hack people or just let the missions be until you eventually reach the requirement. (by self defense)

Thu May 20, 2010 7:28 am

Barracuda wrote:
True. I did almost ran out of missions. Had to get like 10 kills/ some stats.
Do put some research to get modules to unlock them.
For those "violence" requirements, that's totally up to you to disable/hack people or just let the missions be until you eventually reach the requirement. (by self defense)

ok, skipping that violence-mission until i get higher up in level then.

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]