View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Ravyn, Covert Operative - Ally 

Ok so the ability is pretty much sucky for those of us unable to utilize it to its full potential. i.e. If you can't use this to hack around 50+ persons a day without flares, what's the use right, but lets be honest most of us bought this for the scan boost and gambled it would have a useful ability.

But please, please don't use the excuse of "I paid real life cash for this, so i expected(nay deserve) an ability of top notch proportions".

No bish, you paid for the Ally knowing only the below and an ability to extrapolate it's possible rank 100 stats.

Code:
Ravyn, Covert Operative
[ Limited Item - Thanksgiving ]
[ Ship Ally - Type: Spy]
Initial Stats: Cloak: 80, Scan: 60, Shields: 160
(Upgrades via a Special Unlocked Mission)
Limit 1.
Requires Rank 100+
Cost: 126 GP

You knew nothing about what the ability at rank 100 actually did nor what it would be, so you knew it was a gamble and you took that gamble. Guess what? Not all gambles pay off, that's a life lesson for you.

If it irks you so, perhaps i could suggest taking an approach that i took over 3 years ago now, which is to not purchase the Ally(mine was Thraacti) until it's rank 100 ability is known & then buy it the following year, able to make a fully informed choice.

Sure, you could end up behind the 8-ball if the Ally had a decent ability at rank 100, like the Cuniculus Ally does, but more often than not the Rank 100 abilities of these paid for Allies does suck for players, especially if you're of a high rank or just active.

Two examples of this are;(looking at purely the gamble aspect)

Thraacti(130 GP) + all it's upgrade costs(140 GP) - So not worth it for what is just +1 min, arti or res or +70 cloak every 40 hours, especially when they have bs caps of 4x and 600 cloak respectively.

Bane Ally(90 GP) rank 100 ability.... 10% invade boost.... great i only needed to invade 100 planets to get a boost that as a high rank player i rarely ever get to utilize.

So what i'm trying to show here is, that no matter whom you are, sometimes the ability is going to suck regardless. Not everything you buy is going to be the Golden Egg you thought, but do try to remember the reason any of us even purchase the majority of these naff Digital Only Items, is purely to support and keep this game running.

Now, all that said, if you truly have an issue with the ability. Pop a polite request thread into issues and support/suggestions or sent a support ticket detailing politely an alternative ability. P.S. We already have a passive cloak ability from Morphogenic Suits... we ain't getting another one of those. :P

If enough people agree with your thread, then maybe we can get the ability changed. Just be polite about it and don't be dicks, k, thx, bye ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Biologist thing that's come up, i'll presume that's in reference to the 2nd mission drop and i can deduce the arti's are like the Vorean structures, they double if that profession.

I'll probably be using them as 1:1 structures then, which lets face it, according to my Scruuge Keystone post of a few weeks ago, ya'll are mad as fudge over. You all loved the idea of more 1:1 structures back when i wanted those made better, so i'll assume nobody has an issue with the availability of 60 additional 1:1 structures. :)

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:22 am

Can anyone post pics of the mission, and of her ability?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:30 am

Redlaw wrote:

Noone posted description:

Ravyn, Covert Operative
Boosts ship cloaking by an additional 5-9% for 2-4 hours (at random)
Cooldown: 20 hours

Mission:
Unexpected Ties
Thank you for assisting with the cloaking upgrades. I'm still tweaking some systems based on the new power requirements, but so far it hasn't affected my top speed. I may be the quietest ship in this quadrant.
400 Energy, 2 Blue per step
10 steps per completion, completion reward - battle with Stryll Bioresearch Ship
This mission unlocks a new challenge after 60 completion(s)

Stryll Bioresearch Ship - 130K hull, 9700 attk, 19450 def, 500 cloak
Need to be hacked (100 energy) - reward Stryll Bioresearch Bay

Stryll Bioresearch Bay - planet size:1, artifact:1, research:4, population +25%
If you are biologist when first built artifact bonus doubled
Limit: 1/planet
Scrap: 5-10 CTP

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 am

khaox wrote:
Redlaw wrote:

Noone posted description:

Ravyn, Covert Operative
Boosts ship cloaking by an additional 5-9% for 2-4 hours (at random)
Cooldown: 20 hours

Mission:
Unexpected Ties
Thank you for assisting with the cloaking upgrades. I'm still tweaking some systems based on the new power requirements, but so far it hasn't affected my top speed. I may be the quietest ship in this quadrant.
400 Energy, 2 Blue per step
10 steps per completion, completion reward - battle with Stryll Bioresearch Ship
This mission unlocks a new challenge after 60 completion(s)

Stryll Bioresearch Ship - 130K hull, 9700 attk, 19450 def, 500 cloak
Need to be hacked (100 energy) - reward Stryll Bioresearch Bay

Stryll Bioresearch Bay - planet size:1, artifact:1, research:4, population +25%
If you are biologist when first built artifact bonus doubled
Limit: 1/planet
Scrap: 5-10 CTP

Like others, am also disappointed with ability. I also disagree with the whole you took the risk thing. I'll be honest, situations like that make me hesitant to spend money on this game now. Anyway, here is image:

Last edited by Pitch Ninja on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:43 pm

see, now i am curious ... can anyone who doesn't have the ally see The Covert Ally mission ?

from the wiki:
Becomes Available Upon: After recruiting the Ravyn, Covert Operative ally (minimum rank 100).

and now:

Unexpected Ties - This mission unlocks a new challenge after 60 completion(s)

so, if you don't buy the ally, this whole mission chain is not available to you until next November ?

so by buying the ally, i get a year's headstart on everyone else on this chain ?? screw the fracking ability ! lol.

oh, and i knew Dan would find a way to eat up blues after i spent some willy-nilly !

Bainar, Systems Cracker (Uses Left: 9)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

My prediction:

The end of this chain will have a second ability for Ravyn.

Oruas Ally technically has two, so my guess is the better ability is yet to come, as it does seem silly that the level 100 ability is a nerfed version of a basic bonus already given by the ally.

senatorhung wrote:
oh, and i knew Dan would find a way to eat up blues after i spent some willy-nilly !

I'm surprised you didn't spend them on tactical inner bypass. :)

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
My prediction:

The end of this chain will have a second ability for Ravyn.

Oruas Ally technically has two, so my guess is the better ability is yet to come, as it does seem silly that the level 100 ability is a nerfed version of a basic bonus already given by the ally.

senatorhung wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't spend them on tactical inner bypass. :)

Tactical Inner-Bypass (Uses Left: 25)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:00 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
see, now i am curious ... can anyone who doesn't have the ally see The Covert Ally mission ?

from the wiki:
Becomes Available Upon: After recruiting the Ravyn, Covert Operative ally (minimum rank 100).

and now:

Unexpected Ties - This mission unlocks a new challenge after 60 completion(s)

so, if you don't buy the ally, this whole mission chain is not available to you until next November ?

so by buying the ally, i get a year's headstart on everyone else on this chain ?? screw the fracking ability ! lol.

1200 blues to complete, you have enough left surely :P

also: My suggestion for a different ability for ravyn:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43689

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 pm

That is a nice building even with out the bonus. I cant wait to see whats next.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Brilliant!

I've been wanting more cloak, it's like Christmas has come again! :)

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:38 pm

lol Velociraptor... sarcasm?

Can't tell. I feel like the only person who is pleased by:

1) New chain with 60 limited artifacts (I am an OCD planet builder -- this is right up my alley).
2) Another new daily after this (omg what will it be?!?)

Numerous players finishing before the ability and new dailly was ready? What Deigo said about Biologist still being broken? THAT stuff is a genuine letdown, IMO (how many years has Biologist been broken now?). But I'm all for 5% minimum more cloak every day. Have been fighting the sirens call of the Ship-Bots in order to facilitate "at-will" hacking for the last few months (don't like having to shuffle mods for hacking), and 5-9% buff means I can get by -- at least for now -- without having to shuffle/add decks. Woo hoo!

And even if the ability is lame to you (how useful is yet more cloak to a Zoli Spy?), folks still should wait until the final, final daily chain is released before deciding how much this ally sucks!

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:59 pm

I will say, I do like the structure even if it is required to be a biologist to get the full bonus. I swear it read differently this morning, but GL now has it's very first 1:4 artifact structure.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:09 pm

No, no sarcasm, I like cloak.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
I will say, I do like the structure even if it is required to be a biologist to get the full bonus. I swear it read differently this morning, but GL now has it's very first 1:4 artifact structure.

It has definitely been changed. Nice catch.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

It has definitely been changed. Nice catch.

damn, good change. anyone installed one to see if it is a 4:1 and not just a typo? The chains rewards look godd but I still stand by that the ability of ravyn should be changed to something like my suggestion though, good oportunity to make a hacking ally that makes hacking better not simply easier

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 pm

Ravyn, Covert Operative ability changed... it's now:
Boosts ship cloaking by an additional 7-15% for 4-8 hours (at random)

... yesterday it was 5-9% for 2-4 hours

Anyone can confirm if it's permanent change or ability is connected with new daily? (done 3 times)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:39 pm

khaox wrote:
Ravyn, Covert Operative ability changed... it's now:
Boosts ship cloaking by an additional 7-15% for 4-8 hours (at random)

... yesterday it was 5-9% for 2-4 hours

Anyone can confirm if it's permanent change or ability is connected with new daily? (done 3 times)

It has been upgraded. I'm sitting at 4 completions for reference.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:

Vorean Habitat (1 on Completion) (Size:1, Artifact:1, Mining:1, Population:2000, If you are a Biologist when this is FIRST built it will provide double the Artifact and Mining production)

Vorean Biostasis Lab (1 on completion)(Size:1, Artifact:1, Research:1, Population +50%, If you are a Biologist when this is FIRST built it will provide double the Artifact and Research production)

People seem to forget, yes biologist is crap, but i only switch when i have multiples of those two artifacts, now we have even more reason to switch now.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Is the Bioresearch bay extractable?

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:55 pm

I haven't seen this, apologies if someone posted it already and it was answered. When I hack the bioresearch ship it takes 500 energy rather than the stated 100. Anyone else have this happen? Happened two days in a row (that I noticed).

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next