View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 How does defence work? 

What is the formula for working out how much damage your defence stat can absorb? Or is it just 1 defence = 1 damage absorption? Can someone please explain

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 pm

pls read the wiki....there is a formula for damage based on math tangent and attt/def of the corresponding ships

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:32 pm

I already looked at the wiki, before I made this post. It has no mention of a formula at all, so again, could someone please explain?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:15 am

honestly iT takes a lot of effort to understand it and who cares .but here it is

' The 'random factor' is random(0.6, 1.0), then a coin toss to multiply or divide the raw attack by this number. The output range is still 0.6 to 1.666. The average output is at or very close to 1.00-1.05.

Damage per shot = tanh( attack*(random(0.6 to 1.666)) / (defense * 5) ) * damagecap

This translates into a min, max, and average damage in terms of % of enemy damage cap. Take your attack and divide by the enemy defense. This is the 'attack factor'. Then divide by 5, this is the adjusted attack factor.

The average damage result will be TANH(adjusted attack factor). The minimum damage will be TANH(adjusted attack factor * 0.6) The maximum damage will be TANH(adjusted attack factor * 1.666)

For example to reach an average of 50% damcap per shot, you need 2.75 attack factor. So if you know the enemy health total and defense and rank, you can estimate what attack you need to kill it, on average, in N shots. ''

And yes it was on the wiki.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks, and I seriously could not find it on the wiki haha

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 am

It's on the Equations page and the Damage Caps (PVP) page. The organization might not be optimal, but it wasn't too hard to find (both show up on the first page if you search for "damage formula".

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:01 pm

GINK51 wrote:
The average damage result will be TANH(adjusted attack factor). The minimum damage will be TANH(adjusted attack factor * 0.6) The maximum damage will be TANH(adjusted attack factor * 1.666)

Can someone please tell me what TANH means? I have seen this formula for years but I still have no idea what TANH means. I think it is a made up word. I think some people on these forums are having a laugh (We told them TANH and they believed us :lol: )

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:22 pm

garble wrote:
Can someone please tell me what TANH means? I have seen this formula for years but I still have no idea what TANH means. I think it is a made up word. I think some people on these forums are having a laugh (We told them TANH and they believed us :lol: )

Linky

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:45 am

ODragon wrote:
garble wrote:

Linky

Burn....

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:27 pm

i blame the american schooling system.

ALthough, tbh, in real life so few people will ever use tanh anything that its 'academic'--pardon the pun

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:19 am

TANHK you very much for the explanation. I read the descriptions in google and I still don't understand Trigonometry, so I'm just going to make up my own definition. Now if you don't mind, I'm tired so it's tahn for bed.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]