View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Help with shared bosses 

Does anyone know if there is anything set up or tried in the past to notify legion travellers of bosses that require help?

I presume some players like to move between legions looking for bosses to lock and gain the rewards from them. Seems sensible to have some way to alert these players when you have a boss that you require help with.

Mon May 30, 2016 10:37 am

Cut wrote:
Does anyone know if there is anything set up or tried in the past to notify legion travellers of bosses that require help?

I presume some players like to move between legions looking for bosses to lock and gain the rewards from them. Seems sensible to have some way to alert these players when you have a boss that you require help with.

I think that's a misinformed presumption.

There is so much more for people to gain from being loyal to a legion, that i don't think anyone purposefully travels between legions looking for bosses because they want to, especially because if those legions need help from an outside source, odds are those elites won't be dying anyway, so waste of their time and energy.

The only people that do travel between legions to hit elites are usually players whom are out of their regular legion due to trades.

Since it's so rare and unpredictable to have such an occurrence there isn't anything set up as a way of communicating that fact.

Mon May 30, 2016 11:28 am

There is a FaceBook group for such requests but I do not know how active it is. You still lose loyalty and as Kirk explained losing Loyalty in this game is possibly the worst thing that can happen to you.

Mon May 30, 2016 4:00 pm

just set recruitment to open .. and anyone going out of legion will likely pay your legion a visit !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon May 30, 2016 4:50 pm
Profile WWW

I take Kirk's point about the benefits of being loyal to a legion, but with the current price of CTP, I would have thought that some high rankers might be tempted to travel around for a period of time hitting shared bosses if they were being alerted frequently enough.

If alerters of bosses see their bosses going down quickly due to external help, they are more likely to alert more for help in the future and as a consequence, more people will be willing to travel around doing the locking for the rewards.

I expect it would be difficult to achieve the right balance but if it was achieved, there would be several people all wanting to lock the alerted npcs, so hopefully there wouldn't be a problem with them not dying.

Does anyone have the URL of the FB group CapitainePaul mentioned?

Mon May 30, 2016 8:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalaxyL ... ?ref=br_tf

Mon May 30, 2016 8:35 pm

The only boss I could see people leaving al egion to go and fight would be a rift entity. (rare almost dyson mythical npc that can blockades Rift planets)

Tue May 31, 2016 5:11 am

along with the rift entity npc would be the seasonal rares npc that could entice travelers but other then that most higher end people probably see any where from 5-10 a day in there respective legions so no need to travel.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]