View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2016-10-14 New CTLab: Exterior Maintenance Droid 

AEnterprise_ wrote:
no there is nothing else to discover (at this time), also several high ranks have pulled in arties and nobody got any of those androids so there must be another way of getting them that we don't know about yet

also it doesn't just add 500 hull, it can add up to 20% hull so that's quite alot

On the contrary, I believe 20% extra hull on an activated ability on a 10000 deck ship is a big heap of nothing.
Won't help in defense over a ship half the size (20% hull increase (if you are lucky enough to have it active) does not even go close to offsetting double the damage cap) and it won't help in attack because geminis.
Slap on a 50% Nanite Swarm Capsule instead if it makes you feel better, which also is essentially useless in attack because geminis.
To me it is a pretty ordinary 20 deck +500 hull mod instead of 3000+ hull for no decks.
Underwhelmed is surely how I feel about it, even if Android Engineers were actually available to build it with.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:06 am

I think Dan might have typo'd the androids and it's helmsmen we need, could be wrong though.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:08 am

Jawwa wrote:
AEnterprise_ wrote:
no there is nothing else to discover (at this time), also several high ranks have pulled in arties and nobody got any of those androids so there must be another way of getting them that we don't know about yet

also it doesn't just add 500 hull, it can add up to 20% hull so that's quite alot

But only when activating a limited use/limited time ability. Unless the game changes drastically, I see no use for it, just like I never use any of the other hull boosting abilities that I've already got.

Thanks for confirming that there are no other discoveries, I'm glad I've stopped throwing rp at our CT Lab.

i guess that depends on the cooldown and duration of the buff, if it's a buff that lasts 24h it might be worth it? i don't know, someone will have have to make it before we know for sure. also you can have 2 installed so unless the cooldown is more then twice the duration of the buff you can have it always active

it might not be as great as everyone hoped but on the bright side some lucky people will be able to get the eureka medal in their home legion without having to loose loyalty and go to a temp research base specificaly for it

Twisted Saviour wrote:
I think Dan might have typo'd the androids and it's helmsmen we need, could be wrong though.

i doubt that, unless this is an android type that existed before and has been removed from the game and everybody forgot about (no reference to it on the wiki eighter that i can find) this is a new type of android. if you look at the image you'll also see it's more yellowish then the androids scientists and helmsmen

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:12 am
Profile WWW

Twisted Saviour wrote:

The image already exists, though the Engineer itself does not.
https://galaxylegion-erismedia.netdna-s ... droid3.png

Slightly different than:

Image and Image

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:13 am

You're correct Enterprise. If the duration doesn't suck, it may have some small merit. And yes, it enable people to get their Genius without going walkabout. That's the most significant benefit for the new discovery.

I've got to admit, I was kind've hoping Dan would have put down 2 at a time. So people had more to find. Because there's not a lot of stuff that's new and exciting. A big fat question mark keeps people clicking.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:16 am

I didn't actually see that he was a little yellow fellow, I just saw a helmsman. On closer inspection though you're right.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:18 am

Jawwa wrote:
You're correct Enterprise. If the duration doesn't suck, it may have some small merit. And yes, it enable people to get their Genius without going walkabout. That's the most significant benefit for the new discovery.

I've got to admit, I was kind've hoping Dan would have put down 2 at a time. So people had more to find. Because there's not a lot of stuff that's new and exciting. A big fat question mark keeps people clicking.

well it is entirely possible that we where not supposed to unlock it so quickly, it did say it was near impossible. And correct me if i'm wrong here but as far as i know non of the other legions have it unlocked yet while some are alot larger and thus have surely spend alot more research on it

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:23 am
Profile WWW

Android engineers were removed from the game very early on.

Dan had an oops so I'd submit a ticket.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:11 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
Android engineers were removed from the game very early on.

Dan had an oops so I'd submit a ticket.

yeah a ticket has already been submitted on how to acuire the needed items

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:12 pm
Profile WWW

yeah if its helmsmen that seems more of a waste...drop defense--which does have some limited use, versus adding a small bit of hull...

like diego said, if you have say 8000 decks, your cap is so big what's another 500? part of 1 hit!!!! Even another 100k isnt so brutal and worthwhile....
Ironically ssbs could love this , but the bonus is deck dependent, so big ships dont really need it and ssb cant benefit from it....

Zoinks....

Good call on dan's part to drop andriod engineers before game got going too far...not like ap doesn't dominate everythign now, but imagine if you never had to put anything into engineers to boot.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:04 pm

It could be that requiring the android engineers WAS intended. There is probably some way to get them that he has yet to implemented. Perhaps the ticket will show him that there is now a need to do so, just like tickets had to be sent to unlock additional chapters of Ravyn and the corruption chains.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:09 pm

That's it? I was hoping for something better. I was also hoping for at least two new items. I still need to get the genius medal, and I would prefer not to travel for it.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:29 pm

AEnterprise_ wrote:

I'd like to point out that you can have two of them. So that max 20% bonus is actually 44%. It's quite a nice amount.

That said, I don't think anyone is crazy enough to have 10k decks. What's the most you need? 7k or something? That's just under a 30% bonus total.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:41 pm

ActualFate wrote:
I'd like to point out that you can have two of them. So that max 20% bonus is actually 44%. It's quite a nice amount.

That said, I don't think anyone is crazy enough to have 10k decks. What's the most you need? 7k or something? That's just under a 30% bonus total.

no, if they work like the other abilityes you get from ship systems, you can only have 1 effect active at a time
and no real point in going beyond 9.000 decks as you run out of things to install on them around that point

so for most huge ships, it will proberly "only" be a 14% to 18% hull bonus with a timer, you can activade 2 times pr day

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:47 pm

DarkMar wrote:
ActualFate wrote:

no, if they work like the other abilityes you get from ship systems, you can only have 1 effect active at a time
and no real point in going beyond 9.000 decks as you run out of things to install on them around that point

so for most huge ships, it will proberly "only" be a 14% to 18% hull bonus with a timer, you can activade 2 times pr day

Yep, you're right. My bad.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:04 pm

It's a shame this item was so anti-climatic after several years of waiting same as the last item in the corruption market. I guess at this point I am hoping there will be other designs added soon but I won't be getting this one.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Guess I wont bother pushing like I had planned for it. Tbh this makes two fatal mistakes. 1. its a pretty low powered item and 2, its a ct lab design that is unrepeatable, so instead of making ship bots of some use it mearly reduces the quantity owned by 600.

I hope dan has other designs hes going to release soon and that this is merely the first of many or its going to be a shame

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:41 pm

it seems the design was fixed, it requires 200 alien data discs instead now

though it only gives 200 hull, not 500. Ability has a cooldown of 20 hours and lasts for 1 hour. Guess i'm taking back my words: this thing is not worth making with these stats, if it was a passive ability or lasted for alot longer it might, but this is not worth the materials

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:48 pm
Profile WWW

I honestly think this item would've been better off as a buff. Something like this:
Quote:
Exterior Maintenance Droid
Activates an exterior maintenance droid on your ship for four hours, increasing hull by 2% for each 1000 decks on your ship, up to a maximum of 20%.

Then tune the costs a little:

50 Brackets instead of 300.
75 Ship Bots instead of 300.
100 Data Discs instead of 200.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Funny how I joked the other day about guessing that the new item would require data discs. Another disappointment to add to the many.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next