View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2016-10-14 New CTLab: Exterior Maintenance Droid 

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Funny how I joked the other day about guess that the new item would require data discs. Another disappointment to add to the many.

having data discs isn't a disappointment. the disappointment is that its not as part of a repeatable planet structure.

we need at least one new design to be a repeatable structure. something idealy using discs and ship bots. at least one new structure of use, say a 1:1 ap:size structure with a couple hundred cloak or something.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Peticks wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Funny how I joked the other day about guess that the new item would require data discs. Another disappointment to add to the many.

having data discs isn't a disappointment. the disappointment is that its not as part of a repeatable planet structure.

we need at least one new design to be a repeatable structure. something idealy using discs and ship bots. at least one new structure of use, say a 1:1 ap:size structure with a couple hundred cloak or something.

Seriously? The two new designs before this were both repeatable planet structures.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Peticks wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

Ummm thats not what I was implying was the disappointment. So to clarify, the Design is what is a disappointment.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 pm

ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

Seriously? The two new designs before this were both repeatable planet structures.

yes they were. but if we add something to the lab it should be something that is repeatable, the labs purpose should be to provide a way to turn ap haul artifacts into designs. All this design does is reduce bot count by 600, bracket count by 600, disc count by 400. 600 bots doesn't even make an appreciable dent in the supply most players have in cargo collecting dust. Compare that with say insolations which almost all planets should have, which on my 325 count comes out to over 16000 refining labs, increasing by 50 per new planet taken. And yes, at a certain point ap exceeds even that requirement, but its a far far far bigger impact than ship mods.

I dont disaprove of the idea of some ship mods in the lab. But we should have first full representation of the dud ap artifacts, ship bots and discs for example, in terms of planet structures or buffs, before we add any new static reductions in players supplies from that source.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Lol... This lab item is a slap in the face. It is literally useless lol.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:57 pm

I think Dan's intent with the item was good - It's designed to give larger ships a better bonus than smaller ones, therefore giving them a higher overall strength (which if you ask me, is what this game needs). That being said, I think the implementation was done pretty badly.

I see two possible changes that would drastically improve this item:
  • Turn it into a buff (like the one I mentioned earlier), or;
  • Make the effect a permanent passive (I'd prefer this one) and tune the numbers a little bit.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Very disappointed that it isn't something more useful. I don't have a plan to actually create one. If it were a passive boost, no complaints and everyone would be making it but its really just as it is.

Heck, even the researched hull is a better hull/space ratio (removing the boost most people won't bother to use).

I am glad that Dan is adding more stuff. It is fun to have something to do with my research other than credits and possibility for others to get more medals done without leaving the legion.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Over a year wait for a new lab item and this is what we get.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:24 am

im a big fan of dan's work, but this sucks balls

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 am

Please tell me unlocks a new mission chain when you get both and they can be upgraded or SOMETHING.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:19 am

Quote:
Ability has a cooldown of 20 hours and lasts for 1 hour.

Well, if you install 24 of them it's essentially permanent. A lot of work to cycle them like that though.

Anyone got 7,200 Ship Bots I could have? :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:29 am

ActualFate wrote:
Quote:
Ability has a cooldown of 20 hours and lasts for 1 hour.

Well, if you install 24 of them it's essentially permanent. A lot of work to cycle them like that though.

Anyone got 7,200 Ship Bots I could have? :mrgreen:

Ship-Bot (Uses Left: 7747)
what a coinkydink !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:20 am
Profile WWW

Hate to join the chorus of naysayers, but as it stands now, and assuming it doesn't open up a chain or other abilities as has been suggested, it is hugely underwhelming. If they had an 8 hour buff like the Cyclobeams, they could at least be a nifty way of making yourself a little harder to kill before bed or going to work when you can't log in for long stretches of time, but 1 hour is fairly pointless for numerous reasons (No help in PVP attack, due to Geminis, it's not like using 10% fewer repair nanos is going to be a huge boost to anybody's base-killing game, etc.).

REALLY hope there is more to this -- unlocking a mission chain, that they work in conjunction with as-of-yet unreleased modules or allies... something -- or that Dan alters the stats and/or abilities on these modules to make them worth building.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:22 am

the hull mod is pretty mediocre as outlined ... anyone who has the decks already has too much of a damage cap to make the extra hull superfluous. any SSB will find the mod laughable compared to free hull from brackets.

more stuff from the ct.lab is needed to soak up the massive arti supply. along the lines of the hull mod .. the ct.lab can be used to generate an arti that provides a 4 hour hull boost. so you get the effect for a more useful duration ... and it consumes artis on an ongoing basis unlike the ship mod.

heck, have a consumable ct.lab arti like that for all of the main attributes:
- PvP attack boost of 1% per 1000 decks for 4 hours
- PvP defense boost of 1% per 1000 decks for 4 hours
- hull boost of 1% per 1000 decks for 4 hours
- shield boost of 1% per 1000 decks for 4 hours
- scan boost of 1% per 1000 decks for 4 hours
- cloak boost of 1% per 1000 decks for 4 hours
- arti that gives an energy refill .. 1% per 1000 decks

if each of those used a different triple set of common artis .. that should soak up a bunch.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 am
Profile WWW

My suggestion:

Another CT Lab item, this one upgrades the module, adding 1 hour duration to the ability to a maximum of 10 hours. That way, somebody who logs in at least every 10 hours could potentially keep the ability up at all times if s/he upgrades both modules completely, and it'll provide a larger drain on arties since you would need to build 18 of the upgrades.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:27 pm

The only way I will build this module is if there is something added like a planet structure that doubles its bonuses if you have 2 Droids installed, but yeah how likely is that...

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:11 pm

A long time ago, I suggested that the CT-Lab be split in the CT-Lab (for repeatable arties) and Engineering Lab (for modules/allies/etc).

At the time it mattered more since new bases/players would get more out of the CTLab (and would use their research there) rather than the Engineering Lab. I also thought the Engineering Lab would be a great place to add single use base additions. These would also fill it out a little allowing more research and medal chances.

IE:
-1 Space
-1 Special Space
-1 Ability
-Search box for CTLab
-Search box for Engineering Bay
-Random one time very small passive base boosts (A/D/H/S/ETC)
-Single production point (used anywhere)
-Single production level, 1 for each resource
-Seasonal Something (2nd Seasonal UST Slot or upgraded current seasonal, even if just cost down, temp seasonal boost/buff/ability slot, etc)

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:59 pm

ODragon wrote:
A long time ago, I suggested that the CT-Lab be split in the CT-Lab (for repeatable arties) and Engineering Lab (for modules/allies/etc).

At the time it mattered more since new bases/players would get more out of the CTLab (and would use their research there) rather than the Engineering Lab. I also thought the Engineering Lab would be a great place to add single use base additions. These would also fill it out a little allowing more research and medal chances.

IE:
-1 Space
-1 Special Space
-1 Ability
-Search box for CTLab
-Search box for Engineering Bay
-Random one time very small passive base boosts (A/D/H/S/ETC)
-Single production point (used anywhere)
-Single production level, 1 for each resource
-Seasonal Something (2nd Seasonal UST Slot or upgraded current seasonal, even if just cost down, temp seasonal boost/buff/ability slot, etc)

+1
Plus seasonal ctlab recipes

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Updated the first post with some info for the wikiers

ODragon wrote:
GP found it 2016-10-17

[16:25] ElDuderino has achieved a breakthough! A new design is now available in the Collective Theory Lab: Exterior Maintenance Droid

Upkeep: 166.8M credits per day
Scrap Value: 7-14 CTP

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:48 pm

ODragon wrote:
Updated the first post with some info for the wikiers

ODragon wrote:
GP found it 2016-10-17

[16:25] ElDuderino has achieved a breakthough! A new design is now available in the Collective Theory Lab: Exterior Maintenance Droid

Upkeep: 166.8M credits per day
Scrap Value: 7-14 CTP

It still displays as 500 hull but someone mentioned it was reduced to 200. Does it read 200 in cargo or when equipped?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next