View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Sil20162 - The Vetheral Prisoner 

Anyone else notice how the image resolutions have doubled lately? Possibly to improve quality for newer high-resolution devices.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:00 am

juiceman wrote:
theres some newbs on exotica now, go collect their reds :)

They have to be targets I can get blue badges from. So newbs on exotica won't help me!

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 am

Not sure why it hasn't been posted here because it's on the wiki, but the passive bonus is: "When earning a blue badge, you have a chance to receive an additional blue, red, yellow, or green badge."

That's a nice ability. I'll be curious to see what the odds of getting an additional badge are.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:
Not sure why it hasn't been posted here because it's on the wiki, but the passive bonus is: "When earning a blue badge, you have a chance to receive an additional blue, red, yellow, or green badge."

That's a nice ability. I'll be curious to see what the odds of getting an additional badge are.

This was posted as a screenshot several posts before

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:
That's a nice ability.

actualy, no it's not
instead of fixing the real problem of a limited dammaged cap vs unlimited hull, that is making PvP cost more and more energy as players pick up more and more AP's from the planets

Dan simply gives us an alternative way to pick up Red and yellow badges.

dont get me wrong, yes I'll make sure to get 125+ hacks pr day once I max that module to get as many "free" red and yellow badges as posible.
even if it's a 1 in 20 chance to get a red badge, 20 hacks will still cost you less time and energy then getting 1 kill.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:15 pm

DarkMar wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:
That's a nice ability.

actualy, no it's not
instead of fixing the real problem of a limited dammaged cap vs unlimited hull, that is making PvP cost more and more energy as players pick up more and more AP's from the planets

That it doesn't solve an underlying problem doesn't make it any less nice of an ability.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:13 pm

it doesn't solve the underlying problem for the highest ranks no, but this is the next best thing. Fixing it withing the bounds of the current game is a tall order as anything that makes people easely killable would probably be overkill but the only other solution realy is to break the game mechanics and rebalace it all. that would completely change the game and negate all the hard work alot of people have put in their ships

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

my point is, if combat at high rank was actualy working, we wouldnt need that ability in the first place....
but you would be able to get the red/yellow badges you need without having to spendt 2K+ energy pr kill

but atleast The Ravyn Chain = rank 100+, 5000+ cloak and a lot of artifacts that can't be traded
and 3,033,000 Energy, + 364,500 XP
witch makes it hard just to sit at Low rank and do 100+ hacks pr day to get your red/yellow badges without gaining any exp.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:

This was posted as a screenshot several posts before

Your image is broken. That's why I missed it. ;)

DarkMar wrote:
Kevin9809 wrote:
That's a nice ability.

actualy, no it's not

Dan simply gives us an alternative way to pick up Red and yellow badges.

dont get me wrong, yes I'll make sure to get 125+ hacks pr day once I max that module to get as many "free" red and yellow badges as posible.
even if it's a 1 in 20 chance to get a red badge, 20 hacks will still cost you less time and energy then getting 1 kill.

The game has many major issues that need to be addressed, but no, this doesn't take away from the fact that this is a very nice ability.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:55 pm

DarkMar wrote:
my point is, if combat at high rank was actualy working, we wouldnt need that ability in the first place....
but you would be able to get the red/yellow badges you need without having to spendt 2K+ energy pr kill

but atleast The Ravyn Chain = rank 100+, 5000+ cloak and a lot of artifacts that can't be traded
and 3,033,000 Energy, + 364,500 XP
witch makes it hard just to sit at Low rank and do 100+ hacks pr day to get your red/yellow badges without gaining any exp.

Dans already put ssbs in a vice grip by gating off two huge chunks of the game to the 4k mark, put out mods and abilities specificly encouraging growth to 9k and then even 20k decks and now released a mod to help you get badges without killing people. Enough with the 'high rank combat sucks, why isn't dan doing anything about it'

You have your badge generator without having to hit high ranks, you have ssbs folding to larger builds, you have larger builds becoming more bloated, making your kills easier, and frankly, the only people who deserve ANY sympathy on high rank combat are those too high ranked to be able to hit more than a dozen targets for badges, and that's got nothing to do with energy or attack.

Honestly, the real pvp issue out there is that theres not a good reason to keep doing it after a point. that is what needs addressing, not 'its too hard.'

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 am

Peticks wrote:
not 'its too hard.'

PvP is easy. You just smash a button until the target dies, and then you can brag about how awesome you are.

I no longer PvP. It's a joke in this game.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:02 am

Death to SSB's!

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:21 am

hi ho!!!!!!!!!! arrgg matey, dere be pirates and aerleans and fixers in dem waters...and sometimes sharks..

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 am

Peticks wrote:
DarkMar wrote:

Dans already put ssbs in a vice grip by gating off two huge chunks of the game to the 4k mark, put out mods and abilities specificly encouraging growth to 9k and then even 20k decks and now released a mod to help you get badges without killing people. Enough with the 'high rank combat sucks, why isn't dan doing anything about it'

You have your badge generator without having to hit high ranks, you have ssbs folding to larger builds, you have larger builds becoming more bloated, making your kills easier, and frankly, the only people who deserve ANY sympathy on high rank combat are those too high ranked to be able to hit more than a dozen targets for badges, and that's got nothing to do with energy or attack.

Honestly, the real pvp issue out there is that theres not a good reason to keep doing it after a point. that is what needs addressing, not 'its too hard.'

i disagree that high-rank PvP needs addressing. there is definitely a point where continuing to PvP for reds makes no sense (i'd say after around rank 2200). there have been no new battle market artis for reds or yellows for years now, and i don't expect any at this point. so once you have heist stations on all your production planets (i am about a dozen shy of that objective) and stockpiled enough reds to scan for bases whenever you like (Red Badges: 6259) continuing to mash buttons for 15+ minutes per disable becomes a waste of time.

it's pretty clear that Dan has recognized this and has focused the high.rank game on scanning / hacking for planets. so PvP early and often ... then once you have enough production that you have a solid ship, have enough decks for a decent scan power, and enough crew members to give you enough energy, you switch gears to become a scanning monster. to me, that progression makes sense. it may not be as interesting as the PvP free.for.all, but it's better than breaking the game mechanics and making every high.rank ship a marshmallow.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:49 am
Profile WWW

re hals post , how will it take 200 days of hacking to get 1000 blues? i reckon u could do easy 100 a day if u went at it...sounds easy doable in a month....

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:09 pm

ok so approx 1 hour later and 50 blues racked up.....yeah i cant see this taking 200 days......

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:11 pm

stevo2012 wrote:
re hals post , how will it take 200 days of hacking to get 1000 blues? i reckon u could do easy 100 a day if u went at it...sounds easy doable in a month....

Are there 100 ships that are in the level range that will give him badges?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:24 pm

ODragon wrote:
stevo2012 wrote:

Are there 100 ships that are in the level range that will give him badges?

aha.....NOW i get it...of course....hes like what rank 5k?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Peticks wrote:
not 'its too hard.'

didnt say it was hard, just pointless
it not uncommon with the hull some ships have now that it takes 500+ clicks to kill them, even if you cap them
depending on how fast you can click and how many times you need to repair after getting spamed by gemenicannons, that can easily take 8 to 10 min pr kill.

but in the end, it not hard - just a question of finding targets that are offline (and not running halcs) + spending the energy / time needed to kill them

running 3814 / 5000 on the My Cargo Runneth Over medal, and belive me I'll start working on those 1200 raids in january
getting them isnt a problem, it's only a matter of how long time it will take me to get them

can usealy get around say 8 to 10 red + 8 to 10 yellow in 1 hour - but in the same time, I can easily do 125 hacks if I go all out hacking

the main reason I dont like the ability is, it doesnt realy add anything to the game
instead, it takes away any incentice to actualy do PvP (disable + raid) at high rank, as you can now simply get the red + yellow badges by hacking :(
making PvP at high rank even more pointless then it already is.

so, no that not a nice ability to get,
if you want to get red/yellow badges you should have to disable and raid other ships, and not simply be able to get them from hacking

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 pm

think the gist of the "issue" is that if high ranks"want" to pvp, its pointless....not much debate on some of the other points.

low rank is always easier...softer tagets..more of them, less hull..max your advantages over ships with less ap...i say less ap rather than build or strategy b/c ap is really the ultimate factor of good/evil.. it also seems to be parlayed as the equiv of intelligence, wisdom, and life knowledge..

simulating the way to get other badges...meh...invades arent an issue and only so many things for greens (sure sure i can upgrade a zillion psybeacons!!!) Blues,..outside the 2 big blue chain missions, meh (which have to be done to get this!). Yellows..again how much use for a high rank...useful maybe, no necessary.. reds....outside scanning what is big daddy gonna use those for?

Its the hunt, the smashing, etc. Ask funk...ask others....does t-rex want to be handfed?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next