View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 2017 Summer Seasonal Event 1: The Elios 

Mythra wrote:
The language on the lens upgrade reads:
Cyclopean Lens II
Increases attack by 2% for each 1500 decks (unbuffed - rounded up) up to a max of 16%.

Is it me, or is that a shitty way of doing it? Why isn't it 1.5% for each 1000 decks?

"Upgrades a Cyclopean Lens on your ship to a Cyclopean Lens II,
increasing its attack by 150, and boosting its ability bonus
amount by 50%"

That's very deceptive language. I think I kinda want a refund.

moves me from 5% at 4001 to 6% rather than 7% (potentialy 8 if the 7.5% rounded up.) I'd have proberly bitten if it was 2% but for 1% nah

Imo, at bare minimum it should be 'Increases attack by 1% for every 666 decks you have, rounded up' Or 'increases attack by 1.5% for every 1000 decks you have, rounded up' Or, 'increases attack by 3% for every 2000 decks you have, rounded up'
Its simply untrue to say its 50% boosted if its 2% per 1500 decks. Literaly untrue. Going from 2% from 2000 decks to 2% from 1500 decks is a decrease of 25% in the cost of the ability, 1/0.75 = 1.3333 or a increase of 33% on the previous ability. Its also untrue if it was (misleadingly) talking about the cap to the ability, since thats increased by 60%. at no point does the figure 50% feature anywhere but the description

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Had 2 Elios Phoenix drop standard powervaults.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:59 am

TheBandit wrote:
Had 2 Elios Phoenix drop standard powervaults.

Are you sure? Mine said "Elios Phoenix Powervault (artifact)" but after checking my cargo it was in fact the upgrade.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:20 am

Yep same here .. cargo say - Elios Phoenix Powervault Upgrade.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:31 am

Now that you mention it, i do appear to have more upgrades. I think the wording needs to be changed

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:33 am

Yep .... ticket to support!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:41 am

this works for me ! like a big golden mosquito ... a worthy ship for the #1 raider in the game ;)

remember ... you need to SUCCESSFULLY hack .. so your target needs to have research points on hand or else the spark won't be transferred.

also just fully upgraded the heatsink and then busted it on my ship ... 30 billion to repair !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

Peticks wrote:
passive on the heatsink is
Code:
Passive bonus (when fully upgraded): Whenever you fill your energy with a energy cube or Tri-Matrix Emblem, your max energy permanently increases by 2.

I mean... Its a thing... :roll:

Honestly...that's not a horrible passive ability for an artifact that's relatively easy to fully upgrade.

senatorhung wrote:
also just fully upgraded the heatsink and then busted it on my ship ... 30 billion to repair !

Thankfully won't need to constantly uninstall mine to make room for things, so only need to worry about repairing after long inactivity or somebody hitting it with an inner bypass (though it probably can't be installed w/a bypass anyway, so just the former...)

senatorhung wrote:
remember ... you need to SUCCESSFULLY hack .. so your target needs to have research points on hand or else the spark won't be transferred.

Discovered that today...at least until I get some use of my time manipulators back, guess I'll actually have a reason to use resource probes for a change... :D

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:23 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Honestly...that's not a horrible passive ability for an artifact that's relatively easy to fully upgrade.

Agreed but it would have been much more useful 3 or 4 years ago, the first time they showed up.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Module Size 35, 300 energy, 720 hull when fully upgraded. 11 mods needed to full upgrade - End stats in case anyone was wondering if the mod is worth upgrading

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Peticks wrote:
passive on the heatsink is
Code:
Passive bonus (when fully upgraded): Whenever you fill your energy with a energy cube or Tri-Matrix Emblem, your max energy permanently increases by 2.

I mean... Its a thing... :roll:

senatorhung wrote:

Thankfully won't need to constantly uninstall mine to make room for things, so only need to worry about repairing after long inactivity or somebody hitting it with an inner bypass (though it probably can't be installed w/a bypass anyway, so just the former...)

senatorhung wrote:

Discovered that today...at least until I get some use of my time manipulators back, guess I'll actually have a reason to use resource probes for a change... :D

its pretty bad. Cubes and tris are like under 50% of the daily rewards. The mods ability adds less than 1 engineer per day over a long period of time. Its not very potent.

More than that its just dull. Its a adds crew per day mod in disguise rather than a more interesting passive. Maybe it could've been something like 'extends solar attractors by 1 day' or 'when using a cube or tri activates the elios mien effect on your ship' Not particularaly powerful but at least more interesting

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:59 pm

I for one like the Sparkrunners. And the medal that goes with it. Gives a nice addition to the monkey clicking all day this first week. Kudos for an addition Dan.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:50 pm

DarthNefarious wrote:
I for one like the Sparkrunners. And the medal that goes with it. Gives a nice addition to the monkey clicking all day this first week. Kudos for an addition Dan.

like i said, the mod is already broken on my ship - i just maxed it for giggles. i did use a tri-matrix emblem after maxing it, but i didn't notice any energy or engineer change, so someone else will have to confirm whether it actually works.

the sparkrunners, on the other hand, are the best source of ctp from NPCs after rank 400 or so. so i am stockpiling for chuhn season !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:48 am
Profile WWW

The Tri thing worked for me. And I too noticed that about the heatsinks. Hope I get a thousand....

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:12 pm

UUUUPPPPPPPPPPP

Cause its getting boring, nothing new or special between event and there is a huge gap between Lepus and Elios this year...

Tue May 15, 2018 6:12 pm

My first reaction is Oh FFS quit yer whining and find something else to do with your time.

My second reaction is I'd actually appreciate seeing ANY sign of life from Dan during these 3 months even if it's just a snarky post in the forum like 'What are you losers doing still playing this dead game? Just let it go and stop sending me money already!'

Fri May 18, 2018 9:06 pm

The 7 year medal carried the biggest new content on the game. The 8 year was implemented on time.
Every seasonal a new item, usually upgrade of the last one, is introduced, but new npcs appear radomly on them.
As far as i know, sent tickets are getting answers. And bugs and corrections keep going (example, the last 200k ctps upgrade on the prismatic planet).

I don´t know why people say the game is dead. Trust me, i´ve seen games MUCH MORE dead than this one. ANd, by the way, what make a game dead is not the developer, but the players. For me, at least, the game will not be dead while upgrades on the prismatic keep going. It´s an insane and as many people say, not profitable, objetive, but that are mines. I always play games on max difficulty, and, even then, some are too easy.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 am

i sent a ticket the other day, and while i did not receive a verbal/written response as it were..my issue was resolved per request.

So there is def someone out there .

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue May 22, 2018 11:51 pm

I received a 'Special' reply today to fix an issue I reported lat week. Yeah, def there...All I'll say is get excited cuz new content IS coming...

Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
I received a 'Special' reply today to fix an issue I reported lat week. Yeah, def there...All I'll say is get excited cuz new content IS coming...

I will be excited when i will see it for real, cause recently its disapointement only lol

Thu May 31, 2018 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next