View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Something not right here 

Darth Flagitious wrote:
There is a cap on the damage you can do to a ship. I have seen it quoted as Decks/2, meaning if the target has 100 decks, the max damage you can do in one shot would be 50 points.

This. What you are experiencing is not a bug, but a feature. This was implemented back in August? to help stop bullying and encourage low deck/high crew builds instead of everyone following the same exact build of decks decks decks decks. Because low deck/level people like that should have weak hull/shields it won't really matter.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:31 am

Quote:
This. What you are experiencing is not a bug, but a feature. This was implemented back in August? to help stop bullying and encourage low deck/high crew builds instead of everyone following the same exact build of decks decks decks decks. Because low deck/level people like that should have weak hull/shields it won't really matter.

This is a little pathetic I think, There are other systems in place to stop bullying 'Ship event log lasting only a short while, non visible only from aggressive acts.' So the aggressor can do something and we must just sit back and take it while more and more systems are put into the game to screw us. I must pay real money to get a nice planet a new person or low rank person steels it uses a flux i lose that production that money and am supposed to accept that. Its simple i chose not too.

25 damage sealing is pathetic.

Ive noticed even in my legion the number of stolen planets have spiked in the past month or so. so whats changing? i for one have decided not to spend any further money on protecting any planet, if people want my good ones take them what the point of wasting money.

A leader of Ghosts -

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:57 am

xtendacom wrote:
-snip-

Robert wrote:
and encourage low deck/high crew builds instead of everyone following the same exact build of decks decks decks decks.

I found the update. It was back in July.

"Combat damage calculations have been adjusted. Prior to this change, there was a scaling damage cap to prevent ships from being 1-shotted.
However, this algorithm was a bit flawed and caused scaling hull and shield values to inflict more incoming damage when there was not enough defense.
The damage cap has now shifted to scale based on the size of the ship instead. Thus, larger ships have a higher damage ceiling than smaller ships.
As a result of this change, you will notice a few things:

* Shield and Hull are much more powerful (and needed) than before, especially as your ship gets larger.
* Typical damage thresholds you may have been used to seeing will be different"

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 am

You're trying to justify paying to defend your planets. You don't have to. 2 minefields and 2 shields for 8 size will deter many players of your level (and almost all players below you). You complain that you can't annihilate someone for stealing a planet due to the damage cap, when the cap is in place to prevent higher level players (such as you) from terrorizing low level players. If you really want to prevent people from taking your hard-earned planets, either protect them properly or cloak them.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:59 pm

zophah wrote:
You're trying to justify paying to defend your planets. You don't have to. 2 minefields and 2 shields for 8 size will deter many players of your level (and almost all players below you). You complain that you can't annihilate someone for stealing a planet due to the damage cap, when the cap is in place to prevent higher level players (such as you) from terrorizing low level players. If you really want to prevent people from taking your hard-earned planets, either protect them properly or cloak them.

This,

You say your 4 times his lvl that would make you around rank 180-200, so a touch higher then myself 10% of my attack and def would be 250 att and 100 def nobody with those stats could invade one of my planets beause I put at least 1 planetary shield and 1 antimatter mine on them with legion bonus some one needs to bypass 1500 def and 1300 attack to invade for a loss of 4 space, It's a shame when I started I followed conventional thinking and went with decks a small ship build is appealing to me more and more.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]