View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 are modules with lower condition less efficient? 

I just heard that modules which are not in perfect condition are not as efficient, for example damaged weapons will deal less damage (even if their attack value is not changed) and scanners won't scan as well....

I couldn't find anything about it here in the forum or in the wiki. Has anyone done some tests or knows anything about it?

If this is really the case, we should be able to repair partially damaged modules without having to break them first.

Also, if it is the case, does if affect all types of modules? (I can't see how a damaged relay would be less efficient...)

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:29 pm

This is untrue. You can see it yourself by uninstalling a module and then reinstalling it again. The value will be as it originally was.

However, the value for which you can sell the modules will be lowered by a percentage, increasingly as the module becomes more "damaged".

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Guide wrote:
This is untrue. You can see it yourself by uninstalling a module and then reinstalling it again. The value will be as it originally was.

However, the value for which you can sell the modules will be lowered by a percentage, increasingly as the module becomes more "damaged".

I know the attack value of a module doesn't change, I was talking about the average damage you do when you attack npcs or players. A legion member claimed that he had heard this from lots of high rank players...

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Annihilator wrote:
Guide wrote:

I know the attack value of a module doesn't change, I was talking about the average damage you do when you attack npcs or players. A legion member claimed that he had heard this from lots of high rank players...

No, it does not change. The value of your attack is the exact same value used in the calculation that determine your damage.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 pm

who ever told yea legion member this.

1. has no idea what they are talking about.

2. must be friends with obewan

3. or they are just toying with ye friend to see if they could start a round of idiots in the game.

p.s. i am 1 of the high ranks in the game and i know for a fact that this does not happen at all. and those who buys the planets i scan will confirm it as normally i find on average about 2 to 4 15x to 22x arti rocks every scan

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]