View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Question about Halc's 

How can a player set off my halc then come back 3 hrs. later and disable me? Once attacked doesn't my ship fall off the attackers tabs? This player has been doing this to me for several nights now. I've never been able to re-find a player who's halc I've set off.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Depending on your rank and cloak, their scan and the number of ships available to the BT pool, it can be ridiculously easy for people to find you again.
When hacking, for example, I will routinely find the same ship multiple times over 2 hours.
Numerous ships, every time.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Rank 202 cloak 3009. All I can figure, that's legal, is wait the 2 hrs then bump everyone on the BT until my ship shows up again. I guess the ship doesn't fall off the BT completely, it just goes to the bottom of the list.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Algeron wrote:
Rank 202 cloak 3009. All I can figure, that's legal, is wait the 2 hrs then bump everyone on the BT until my ship shows up again. I guess the ship doesn't fall off the BT completely, it just goes to the bottom of the list.

nope .. you never get bumped off completely unless you are disabled. and even then you get re.added back to the pool as soon as you repair.

say with your current scan level .. you have a pool of 25 ships within rank range that can appear on your battle tab. an initial 10 will appear on your battle tab (usually the 10 most recently active). once you tap each of those 10 .. you get 10 new ones. tap those 10 .. and then you will get the final 5 from your pool before it is depleted and 5 more get added from the 20 that have already been seen (if they haven't been disabled). not sure if the pool is scrambled when that happens, or if it is just a running list that just circulate in order.

the pool changes as new ships become active, get repaired, or when you shuffle your scan. so if someone has a restricted scan, their pool of targets is more limited, and any non.disabled ships will re.appear more frequently, even within minutes in the example i gave. so folks wanting to PvP effectively need to be willing and able to increase their scan, either thru arti buffs or shuffling ship mods, in order to increase the size of the bt pool and decrease the frequency of repeat appearances.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:20 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for replying. Your information helps a lot. Bottom line is that I have no defense against this player since he attacks me while I sleep. Of course , even though he out ranks me by almost 100, I can attempt to find him and repay him in full.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Algeron wrote:
Thanks for replying. Your information helps a lot. Bottom line is that I have no defense against this player since he attacks me while I sleep. Of course , even though he out ranks me by almost 100, I can attempt to find him and repay him in full.

My first suggestion, is that getting disabled really has very little downside, especially if you are just getting badged. Worst case scenario is a crit hack, which doesn't matter if you are halced or not. At your rank, losing research and artifacts can still hurt a bit, but as you get bigger that becomes less of an issue, and if he's just badging it's no big deal and don't stress. (If he is zeroing you, then that can definitely be a problem.) Since you aren't on anybody's news feeds (presumably) given that you are halced, nobody will be finding you by trolling their news feed for yellows.

I try to do all my PvPing in one go-around and usually don't have to worry about it recycling (though it did today.) Having high scan gives me the best possible list of targets.

As for things that you can do to avoid this...add cloak. If you have higher cloak, he'll need higher scan to find you. You'll either pop out of his battle tab altogether, or he'll expand his battle tab folks to make it harder for you to recycle. The game is suffering from a lack of new players, so at your rank, there may not be sufficient players, but you can try it and see how well it works. The other thing you can do is to rank out of his range a bit, though if he's 100 ranks above you that'll take quite a bit of work. The upshot there is, you'll have more planets and better production and can improve your defense and attack and make yourself a less attractive target.

One thing to note, if somebody else sets off your halc, and he finds you before it wears off, he can leave your tab open for up to the couple hours and potentially still be able to target you even if you have been bumped off his battle tab. Though that doesn't seem to the complaint here.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]