View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Community Giveaway 

Hi everyone. I'm going to be doing a massive giveaway at the end of this year's Chuhn seasonal if, as one massive team, you can help me fulfill a goal of mine. This is a long post, so if you're going to read the bare minimum, please ensure that you also read the section titled "Important Bits".

Reasons for Giveaway

Back in March of this year, I set up a public Galaxy Legion Discord (a chat website/program for gamers) group, with the aim of creating a little corner of the internet for all GL players. Things got off to a rocky start, we peaked at around 20 members, and now we're down to just a few messages each month. Admittedly, I haven't put in as much effort as I should've in order to get something like this off of the ground, but I'd like to give it another shot.

Conditions for Giveaway

The conditions of my giveaway would be to have at least 200 active members within the Discord group by the end of Chuhn. If you can all do this, I will select members of the server at random to receive some nice prizes. An "active" member is a member who hasn't been offline for more than one week at the closing date, and who has partaken in regular discussion. "Regular" will be defined as at least once per week, but I reserve the right to redraw a prize if I feel the initial winner hasn't been active enough.

Prize List

I'd like to give everyone a reasonable chance of winning something, so I aim to have no worse than a 1 in 10 chance of winning something. Thus, there will be 21 prizes to begin with, and for each 10 active members over the goal at the end date, I will add another prize.

1. 1,000,000 Exotic Matter
  2. 500,000 Exotic Matter
  3. 500,000 Exotic Matter
  4. 20,000 Complex Tech Parts
  5. 10,000 Complex Tech Parts
  6. 5,000 Complex Tech Parts
  7. 5,000 Complex Tech Parts
  8. 5,000 Complex Tech Parts
  9. 5,000 Complex Tech Parts
  10. 5,000 Complex Tech Parts
  11. 5,000 Complex Tech Parts
  12. 15 Mineral Storage Towers
  13. 15 Artifact Warehouses
  14. 10 Mineral Storage Towers
  15. 10 Artifact Warehouses
  16. 5 Mineral Storage Towers
  17. 5 Artifact Warehouses
  18. 5 Toxic Uplifts to 16x Mega-Rich Mining
  19. 5 Toxic Uplifts to 16x Mega-Rich Mining
  20. 2 Uplifts to 20x Mega-Rich Artifact
  21. 2 Uplifts to 20x Mega-Rich Artifact

** Note: In the case of planet uplifts, I will come to you and colonize or invade a planet of your choice. Winners must invade these planets from me, and they will receive a basic build on this planet too. The planet of your choice must be at least Very Large, and in the case of artifact uplifts, the artifact availability must be at least Rich.

Additional Prizes

Additional prizes will be in the form of Exotic Matter, planetary uplfits, tradable artifacts, and credits. If anyone has any prize requests, please let me know before I start adding them and if they are reasonable I will add them to this list.

Future Giveaways

Regardless of the outcome of this giveaway, I do plan to do future giveaways to members of the Discord group. These will have a minimum membership (a month or two) and activity requirements. Although they won't be as large as this one, they will be regular.

Important Bits

Disclaimer: Neither the Discord group or its "management" are directly affiliated with Galaxy Legion / Eris Media. This is an unofficial player-run and managed project.

Ideally you would read all of the below, however if you're short for time then I've highligted the essential information in red/underline.

The format of this contest is easily abusable through the use of multiple Discord accounts - Discord's security policies mean that server admins can't ever identify an individual - we have no access to email addresses, IP addresses, and the likes. This means that if someone decided to create 200 accounts in order to meet the giveaway requirement, I wouldn't really be able to tell.

However, what I can do is ensure that prize winners are who they say they are. Thus, in order to be eligible to receive a prize, your Discord username must match your in-game username. If a prize winner's Discord name does not match their in-game name, the prize will be redrawn for another member.

Lastly, I reserve the right to ask anyone for proof of their claimed identity, if I believe they're using a fake persona or another player's identity. This will be done by adding them as a friend in-game, and requesting (through Discord) that they post a unique message on my comm. Should anyone fail to do this, the Discord user in question will be disqualified from this giveaway, and any future giveaways held by myself or the Discord community.

I don't like making all of these rules, but I would like to ensure that things remain fair for everyone.

Good Luck

To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is join the server by clicking this link and start chatting. It's fast, free, and secure. Just make sure to use your ship name when you join.

To help reach the goal of 200 active members to "unlock" this giveaway, please share this thread with your friends and your legion. I've intentionally posted it in the Beginner's Hub instead of the Galaxy Pub so that people don't have to log in to read it.

That said, good luck to you all, and I'll see you in the chat rooms. :) If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me on Discord or just reply to this thread.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Who are you Ingame ?

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:04 pm

blabla wrote:
Who are you Ingame ?

Hop along to the Discord to find out. :)

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:49 pm

With Chuhn here, I can announce that the closing date is September 30th. We've attracted a fair number of members so far. :)

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:03 am

With just over a week to go, I can say that this is starting to look pretty unlikely that I'll be giving the prizes away - 175 people joining seems quite high for the time left.

However, for anyone who does join, I'll be entering them into a smaller giveaway. Details to come. :)

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 am

ok iv joined....

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Free stuff!

As promised, I'm doing the smaller giveaway. There's roughly one day before I'll randomly select four winners, so get your butt onto Discord to have a chance at winning something.

The prizes are:

1) 10,000 CTP
2) 5,000 CTP
3) 5,000 CTP
4) 5 x Artifact or 5 x Mineral storage towers (your choice).

Join today!

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, the winners for the smaller giveaway have been chosen, and they are...

1) 10,000 CTP goes to AEnterprise
2) 5,000 CTP goes to TheFix
3) 5,000 CTP goes to Arch Angel
4) 5 Mineral or Artifact warehouses (your choice) go to Uss Enterprise

We will be hosting future giveaways, so if you want a chance of winning free stuff then please come join us on Discord. :)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 am

Joined and online...

Cataclysmic

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Wooooooo I done gone and won. Thanks Guide. I hit you up this weekend. Thank you!!@@

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]