View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Vortex Deflector 

I know that a vortex deflector prevents artis from being used against the planet while the deflector is active ( 24 hrs. ) but does it also prevent planet invasions if the population is down?

Thank you.

Fri May 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Haha, no, the vortex deflector won't stop invasions. For that you'd need an Abysmal Rift Trap.

Fri May 31, 2019 1:50 pm

I didn't think so but last night I took a planet and about 5 hrs later some one, three time my rank, tried to invade it. The deflector activated, the pop was down and yet the planet was not taken. A dilema that perhaps I'll never understand. Thanks for responding.

Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 pm

Algeron wrote:
I didn't think so but last night I took a planet and about 5 hrs later some one, three time my rank, tried to invade it. The deflector activated, the pop was down and yet the planet was not taken. A dilema that perhaps I'll never understand. Thanks for responding.

they failed their invasion attempt at 90% .. you hope their invasion timer is still 20H so you can flux it after the vortex deflector expires.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri May 31, 2019 3:03 pm
Profile WWW

I'd sure like to know how you came to that conclusion. It wasn't you that invaded and you aren't in the same legion as the player who tried the invasion. Maybe something similar happened to you? It should have been an easy take once the pop was down. It's well defended now and vortex's and fluxes are in my cargo.

Thanks.

Fri May 31, 2019 5:54 pm

Algeron wrote:
I'd sure like to know how you came to that conclusion. It wasn't you that invaded and you aren't in the same legion as the player who tried the invasion. Maybe something similar happened to you? It should have been an easy take once the pop was down. It's well defended now and vortex's and fluxes are in my cargo.

Thanks.

Don't use vortexes - they prevent you from using artifacts as well, so if you're online and they're trying to take it, there's nothing you can do but guard and watch.

Fri May 31, 2019 10:56 pm

Algeron wrote:

Thanks.

i have conquered more planets than anyone else in the game .. and have more 90% invasion fails than most. my conclusion is based on the fact that you indicated that it was an easy take and that it was a desirable planet. no one is going to drop the pop down to invasion state and NOT attempt the invasion. only hiccups would be if they misjudged their invasion timer or got pulled away.

and as Guide indicated .. a vortex deflector on a planet under attack is generally a mistake unless you have laid some groundwork. i made that mistake earlier this week after i fluxed a planet under attack. i neglected to put an abysmal rift trap on before the vortex deflector, and the planet got taken via legion alert which i had not anticipated. it was fluxed a day later by the new owner .. but that is the first planet that was successfully invaded from me and kept in 2019. i had one other planet taken from me a couple months earlier, but i took that one back a few days later.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:30 am
Profile WWW

As you both have indicated, a vortex deflector is like a double edged sword.. Indeed, I could not use arti's but was able to recover and demolish structures so as to "Brick" the planet in question. If not for the help of my legion brothers, my opponent, who is three times my rank, would have prevailed.
I knew that you were quite experienced since I remember you from the first time I was in the game which was 7 years ago.

Thank you both for your input.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Maybe the pop was lowered for another player to try and invade and they failed invasion.
I have many times helped lower the pop on a planet for lower ranks to attempt invade.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]