View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Scruuge hijackers dropping rate 

I am curious to know how many scruuge hijackers people got during the event as I only got 2 during the whole event (one of them given by Dan after I filed a ticket around the middle of the event as I hadn't received any).

The few people I talked to got quite a few more, around or close to 10.

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Think it was at least 10 for me as well as a Governor though.

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:47 pm

getting 10 in 20 days seems a bit high, even with governor.

for future, to maximize hijacker drops in december:

1. governor profession gives 3x chance of planetary event at upkeep time
2. oruas eye upgrades for vision of prosperity to guarantee a planetary event at upkeep time
3. making sure to login at least once every day, preferably just after your upkeep time to ensure you get a daily upkeep trigger ever day during the seasonal

other than that, you are subject to RNG luck - the hijacker is in the same pool as the other planetary events triggered at the upkeep time, and you could get a planetary event every day without triggering the hijacker.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

Also add to that I did have quite a bit of prosperity visions as well so there's that...

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Out of about 5 or 6 hijackers I only got 2 Cargo Pads. I wonder if everyone else was that unlucky. Dan possibly made it the rare drop.

We should get an NPC for Scruuge Cargo Pads or Vicars could have it as a rare ddrop.

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:20 pm

I got precisely zero Hijackers...

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:46 pm

I think I only got three... even with quite a few visions of prosperity. It's all random...

I will probably go governor next year to try for more.

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:15 pm

I had two Scruuge Hijackers on my NPC BT when I came in one day. I have 3 Cargo pads in cargo and know I used at least one other, so that's 5 for me.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:52 am

xencindy wrote:
I had two Scruuge Hijackers on my NPC BT when I came in one day. I have 3 Cargo pads in cargo and know I used at least one other, so that's 5 for me.

scruuge growth vats also drop from the hijacker .. so you have to add those into your tally.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:06 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
xencindy wrote:

scruuge growth vats also drop from the hijacker .. so you have to add those into your tally.

See what happens when Mr Spock doesn't post the Scruuge NPCs? :lol: I had at least one Scruuge Growth Vat.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:24 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:

It never occurred to me that planetary blockades were a Planetary Event! The first time I was Governor, I got one Event per day, every day, but they were just the temporary production buffs. The second time I was Gov, I didn't notice Events were any more frequent than they are when I'm another profession. Do you just get the temp buffs, or have you gotten Rings or Moons while you were a Governor?

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:30 am

xencindy wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

It never occurred to me that planetary blockades were a Planetary Event! The first time I was Governor, I got one Event per day, every day, but they were just the temporary production buffs. The second time I was Gov, I didn't notice Events were any more frequent than they are when I'm another profession. Do you just get the temp buffs, or have you gotten Rings or Moons while you were a Governor?

I have never gotten rings moons or ACR while Governor. I got those events I think 3 times maybe in my entire time playing this game which were without Governor. Even as a Governor they are ridiculously rare.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:
xencindy wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

I have never gotten rings moons or ACR while Governor. I got those events I think 3 times maybe in my entire time playing this game which were without Governor. Even as a Governor they are ridiculously rare.

I was governor for about 6 months a few years ago, the only permanent effect I got while governor was a stealth screen on one my worst planet.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]