View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 mouse over research symbol 

i just happened to mouse over the beaker right under the credits. it says capacity 6900. if there is a limit like there is for artifacts and minerals, why is there no status bar like the others? is 6900 the limit for everyone or is it based on how many planets i have and such? thanks

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Wed May 19, 2010 2:38 am

The limit is based on your Rank. It probably makes sense to have a similar bar in the research tab area to reduce confusion.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:47 am

Thanks for the quick answer. this will make me want to rank up faster if i can because i have full days when i work and it will fill up before i can get online. makes sense though as every thing else had a limit to make you plan when to cash in. i wold say that 6900 is a little low as it will fill in just over 12 hours for me and im only level 46. this as apposed to my artifacts which takes days and my minerals which also takes over 2 days. i supposed its considered more along the lines of energy which has a much shorter fill up rate.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Wed May 19, 2010 2:59 am

jcwiggens wrote:
i wold say that 6900 is a little low as it will fill in just over 12 hours for me

The research point limit is fine as it is. If it was increased again (it was increased in the early days), I am sure a lot of people will add more research. So before = 12hrs full, after also 12hrs full.
It would make research planets a lot more valuable and people's research would just fly sky high. The limit is what makes research harder at higher levels. Take it as a control limit. Artifact/mining limit was also recently increased. But this doesn't really unbalance the game, unlike research points.

jcwiggens wrote:
this as apposed to my artifacts which takes days and my minerals which also takes over 2 days

In my opinion, your artifact and mineral production is quite normal. 2-4 days is fine, unless you have not enough minerals then its time to add more :D

Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 am

Speaking of high lvl players ... There's already a big problem with that, impossible to catch Kuren back ... I raised my research but now it gets filled up in 7H and I have hard time staying in the lead for research :) ... Of course I have to focus on leveling up to increase that limit and anyways if I get more planets it's gonna be even more research :P

Then perhaps I'll consider throwing in $$ to lvl up even more ... We'll see :)

Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 am

Well, Kuren has much higher rank. So, yeah his research is extreme.

Wed May 19, 2010 10:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]