View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 artifact points 

what are artifact points? whenever i try to recieve a shipment of artifacts it says i dont have enough points. how do i get the points to recieve the shipment?

Thu May 20, 2010 10:17 pm

when you turn them in, some random amount is taken away and you get an artifact of a certain quality according to how many points are taken away. They give special powers. It is wise to save a lot of points before you turn them in so you have a chance of getting a good one. Your point capacity will go up. I forget if its by # of planets or your rank. If you go to the trade tab and click on "buy artifacts" there are some examples, though most would consider it wasteful to spend galaxy points on artifacts.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Each artifact costs a certain number of points and which artifact you get is random. You can only get an artifact you have points to pay for.

For example, say you have 500 artifact points and you click the button, you are eligible to get any artifact 500 points or under. So when you click the button one of the artifacts 500 points or under is chosen randomly and given to you. Then, the amount of points that artifact costs is deducted from your artifact points.

To answer your question - You aren't receiving an artifact because you don't have enough points to receive the lowest cost artifact.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

minimum is 250 artifact points. but those are kinda worthless. wait til 500 or 1000 before receiving

Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 pm

if you look at your trade tab you can see how much you can build up to. i know its tempting to cash in and see what artifact you get, but your better off letting it build up before you cash in. the expensive artifacts are usually worth the wait. i believe the amount you can hold in points is 1000 per planet plus 1000. i have 10 planets and my capacity is 11000.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu May 20, 2010 10:48 pm

What artifacts might I get at 4000? Thats what Im ttrying to reach, at 2000 right now.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Robert wrote:
What artifacts might I get at 4000? Thats what Im ttrying to reach, at 2000 right now.

This might be a spoiler, but the prices for particular artifacts look like what they cost in galaxy points x100. Not that the list has everything on it. All the 5000+ ones I've gotten so far have been crap though. :evil:

Planet flux and terraforming device are around 4000. Those are super sexy. Don't count on it taking all your points though. If you get some probe it fills back up pretty quick though

Thu May 20, 2010 11:04 pm

what crappy ones did you get jank? its only taken that much from me twice even though ive tried a few times at over 10000....

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu May 20, 2010 11:13 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
what crappy ones did you get jank? its only taken that much from me twice even though ive tried a few times at over 10000....

It was some "alien" something or other... it did a free 100% planet scan... I haven't scanned a whole lot yet so it wasn't quite that valuable to me. Planets are free. I sold it for 50k, with which I could have bought more than enough scanners for where I'm at. I have 2 good planets I can't even invade/settle yet. even if scanning is flat-out impossible you can start hacking them. I think it was 5500 or 6000 points. Probably worth it for someone else.

Thu May 20, 2010 11:25 pm

man thats one of what i thought was a good one...i got that...used it and got an exotic with 2x mega artifact. its my best planet...i think it usually gives a good or better planet...not some barren rock...but im not sure about that...perhaps those who know better can elaborate... i think its alien star charts

Thu May 20, 2010 11:33 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
man thats one of what i thought was a good one...i got that...used it and got an exotic with 2x mega artifact. its my best planet...i think it usually gives a good or better planet...not some barren rock...but im not sure about that...perhaps those who know better can elaborate... i think its alien star charts

:shock: well F me

oh well, the next planet in line for invasion is a terra with 2x mega rich artifacts. Someone else besides the owner has scanned it though. I mistakenly invaded a different one because I thought I couldn't invade the lvl 18 that owns the terra just yet. Turns out I can.

Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]