View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Artifact points goals 

What is a good amount of artifact points to hit?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sat May 22, 2010 2:34 am

the more saved the better.. you have a better chance of getting a high value item which are more-so more useful

I am currently working on an artifact list and what they cost to randomly get... it's for the most part done but i know i'm missing some... check the beginner's guide in a few days for a new topic post of the list

Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 am

Cloesdaddy wrote:
the more saved the better.. you have a better chance of getting a high value item which are more-so more useful

I am currently working on an artifact list and what they cost to randomly get... it's for the most part done but i know i'm missing some... check the beginner's guide in a few days for a new topic post of the list

oh cmon you got to leave something up for ppl to figure out :P

Sat May 22, 2010 2:55 am

Is there any way to know what I might get with a certain amount of artifact pts? Im at 2000 right now.

Sat May 22, 2010 3:32 am

basically it depends on how fast you are earning the points. if you are getting 200-400 artifact points per hour, stick with 6000 or 10,000 to redeem. If you are getting 500+ I would go for the 20k rank for the mass storage device!!!

Sat May 22, 2010 3:33 am

Aggross wrote:
basically it depends on how fast you are earning the points. if you are getting 200-400 artifact points per hour, stick with 6000 or 10,000 to redeem. If you are getting 500+ I would go for the 20k rank for the mass storage device!!!

Im only getting 16 :( Also my cap seems to be at 4000 only

Sat May 22, 2010 3:37 am

Robert wrote:
Aggross wrote:

Im only getting 16 :( Also my cap seems to be at 4000 only

Then you need to rank up and get a planet that focuses on Artifact production. Artifacts are a huge help no matter what your doing in the game.

Sat May 22, 2010 3:40 am

Quote:
Is there any way to know what I might get with a certain amount of artifact pts?

Sat May 22, 2010 4:00 am

Perhaps harvest them close to your limit. But not too close to prevent wastage once you hit the limit. I always try to get to 3/4 of my limit before harvesting. As for what artifacts you are going to get, the fun is in finding out yourself :D

Sat May 22, 2010 4:03 am

250 is the minimum. at that is just basically scanners - scanners that check the attack power or defense of a ship. or to scan to check how many times a planet of yours has been scanned by others. So yea. as coth said worry a lil more on ranking up atm, a lil less on artifacts atm.

Sat May 22, 2010 4:56 am

How do you increase artifact point maximum? I was assuming it was rank-based, but I started with a 2000 pt max, and at Rank 26 I still have a 2000 pt max... :|

Mon May 24, 2010 1:26 am

The number of planets you control will determine your point maximum for artifacts and mineral points. Your rank will determine your max research points.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:31 am

webguydan wrote:
The number of planets you control will determine your point maximum for artifacts and mineral points. Your rank will determine your max research points.

Got it, thanks!

Hmm...that means that those "useless" planets aren't totally useless after all...if you find yourself maxing out on points before you get back to the game, you can always colonize one of the little guys and increase your maximum. An expensive and inefficient fix, but at least it provides some possible use for them...

Mon May 24, 2010 3:02 am

Pyrusticia wrote:
webguydan wrote:

Got it, thanks!

Hmm...that means that those "useless" planets aren't totally useless after all...if you find yourself maxing out on points before you get back to the game, you can always colonize one of the little guys and increase your maximum. An expensive and inefficient fix, but at least it provides some possible use for them...

Not worth it at all, trust me iv been there.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]