View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Starting over 

Im new, like the game, made mistakes, bad ones, and would like to start over. Is there a way i can just click new game or something. I tried removing the app completely then reinstalling it and it didnt work.

Mon May 24, 2010 7:11 pm

What specific mistakes did you make?

Mon May 24, 2010 8:06 pm

I don't think you could have made too many bad mistakes if you're still new. (under level 20.)

If you're rank 75 and invested all your RP in cargo, yeah you might have problems... But anything less extreme can be turned around. Anything in particular you wish you'd done?

Mon May 24, 2010 9:52 pm

I, too, am curious if starting from scratch is possible. For myself, I started the game a couple of weeks ago and just let it sit, which has removed my week planetary protection time. I there some way to start over?

Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Archangel305 wrote:
I, too, am curious if starting from scratch is possible. For myself, I started the game a couple of weeks ago and just let it sit, which has removed my week planetary protection time. I there some way to start over?

nope

Tue May 25, 2010 10:48 pm

webguydan wrote:
What specific mistakes did you make?

I think I know.. One of common mistakes that low rank players did.. Pissed off lot of players and made "permanent" enemies and wants to start over with new name, etc for fresh start.. I think it's "too" bad for those aggressive players and should keep same name if they wanna start again..

Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 am

Well, to start with, i chose raider as my class. At the time i thought it would be advantages to be able to take things from others, but seeing how everyones either got nothing to steal, too strong to take out, or the more important fact that its one of the most useless features, i realize, that was a mistake.

Second, while building my ship, i realize i wasted alot of points into things that were pointless, such as engineers. no point in investing in them when i can invest in decks and add better parts.

I also jumped the gun on colonizing planets, used all my galaxy points abandoning them to take others...

All in all its a good game, but there are obviously points in the game that are more important, i.e. exp, energy, research rather then hacking and raiding. The pvp is near pointless other then to access other missions and i started my build towards pvp. Not to mention yes, its a good game, but it should be easier then it is now to obtain galaxy points, but thats a different story. Anyways to point out the points...

I chose the wrong class (i like my race) I invested poorly with my ship points, and i lost my galaxy points fixing my planet mistakes. :( anything we can do?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:20 am

I would start over as well, given that I raced to level up only to find out that I choose poorly.

There are plenty of ways besides annoying other users to choose poorly in the game. Given the relatively recent release of the game and lack of strategy posts that clearly explain the choices, there are going to be a fair number of frustrated users.

For example, buying scientists instead of deck space is a poor long term choice, and probably should not even be an option in the game. But I fell into that trap, as it looked like a good choice to me at the time. Same with the rest of the crew choices.

I really like the game, but it frustrates me to no end that I feel like I will always be behind the curve because of the early poor choices.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Keith Thompson wrote:
For example, buying scientists instead of deck space is a poor long term choice, and probably should not even be an option in the game. But I fell into that trap, as it looked like a good choice to me at the time. Same with the rest of the crew choices.

If you are rank 75 already, you are screwed, but I doubt that. Don't worry, it can be offset by harvesting artifacts that gives you decks, etc. At least scientist help all the time, unlike helmsman and tactical that helps only in combat.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm

I have some problems too. While im fairly sure i did not annoy too many people, i still wasted a lot of energy on combat and attacks on planets i could not invade. From what i know now i would have never accepted a planet with 3x sparse as my first choice, probably be a lot more careful on what to colonize in general , not gave that galactic wheel a spin in my first 10 minutes and would strongly have considered the race that gives extra decks.Its not that i think my game is wasted, just feel i could have done some much better.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Good Evening Fellow Players!

It sounds to me like I made many of the mistakes you have made. While I did pick the race for decks, my profession is the one that gives extra population (in retrospect, four of the others seem more useful). My GPs went to exchange Small/Tiny Average planets for better ones, and I did spend a couple levels worth of points on Engineers and Scientists.

While I do not think I am so-called l33t by any means, I also do not consider myself overly gimped just because I have 15 or so less decks than I could and higher planetary populations instead of, say, more cargo space or higher scan ratings.

Maybe the extra crew will help my losses be less severe when I lose crew in missions. If someone takes all my research planets, I will still gain more than I would without the scientists, and et cetera, et cetera.

Remember, when you are new, there are so many people of higher level than you that even if you are the most streamlined build possible, the friend of the guy you attacked could be level 90 and one-shot you and take all your planets. Take a deep breath, remember it is just a game, and enjoy your unique ship as you ply the spaceways in your own personal fashion!

Good luck out there everyone!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:12 am

I would probably also would like to restart my character, level 41 and got mainly only bad planets ("best" = Oceanic, Average, Research: Very Rich)

i got 8 or 9 planets and have hardly anht income at any place, but i have bought some GP and spent some. so i guess im stuck where i am.

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:19 am

Archangel305 wrote:

yes there is a way to start over. Under help go to account reset... read through it and than follow the instructions

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]