View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What do i need? 

having a lil trouble figuring which technology branch is best for me, but some random problems complicate things.

rank 104 , if you were me , which one would you research first and last?
(completion = Mark III)

Hull (nanosphere plating)(microgel armor atm) - alot of people said i had brittle/terrible hull for my rank , will take 1.5 days to complete research

Sensors (subdi-sensors)(quantum scanners atm) - have some good planet on my database, too bad there owned by rank 500s , i want a exotic planet, maybe a chance i find something good... will take 3.2 days to completeion

Shields (Planetary Shields) (have regional sheilds atm)- personally never use shield generators, i only research shields for defence structures, a bunch of my ultrarich planets have come under in the previous 3 days. 1 put a 5 singularity minefields. i dont think those minefields are reliable, anyone with 20+ attack can still do 20 damage to the pop , all they do is alert, lower population just like *that* and planet will be vulnerable to invasion... 7.3 days to completion...

Structures (level 8 grav structures)(have lvl 4 atm) - i see people at rank 40s using level 4 structures :S , have 2 bill credits ...20 days to completion

all my tech is behind cuase i threw all my rp into energy. 1712 research an hour.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 pm
Profile WWW

First go get more research. I'm level 117 and at 2930.

IMHO I would go for Hull if you are doing PvP or NPC fighting. Shields second - Mass Shield is much better than regional shield. And if you're not in a legion, get into one - the legion defense bonus is worth it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 pm

I agree with Threadbare here. Go with the Hull.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:17 pm
Profile WWW

HULL structures shields sensors

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Threadbare wrote:
First go get more research. I'm level 117 and at 2930.

thats alot of research an hour, and i thought mine were fairly high O_o

only have a 4 dodgy planets i wanna chuck out, eg small rich barresti , the other 3 are ok planets eg - small extremely rich aekordiean , but i dont want them either

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

I would go with upgrading your structures because level 4 are pathetic at your level. That will easily give you the extra resources you will need to research and purchase stuff you will be needing. Get up to at least the level 6 structures. After from what you said I would go with hull.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Arach Reul wrote:
I would go with upgrading your structures because level 4 are pathetic at your level. That will easily give you the extra resources you will need to research and purchase stuff you will be needing. Get up to at least the level 6 structures. After from what you said I would go with hull.

absolutely agreed, but is scanning gonna boost my income more or better structures?? scanners take alot less time to research and maybe i can find a AWESOME planet :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i decided to put hull LAST
i havent been disabled for a week, not many has really attacked me either.... grrr stormkyn guy , rank 171 Roharmi is tryina take my ultra rich mining planet ! :S :| :? mass shields?? maybe ill make that 2nd, finished isomorphs last night and halfway through the first tier of scanners. buildings third. there gonna take a long time

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm
Profile WWW

also a heads up, higher scan means higher chance of critical attacks and a higher base attack. i do about 150 extra damage with my scanner equipped than without.

and dont bother researching the +6 buildings. research up to +5 cause theyre more space efficient, and then either research all the way to +8 or not at all. thats what i did and thats the strategy a few really higher levels recommended for me, and it worked out beautifully.

for pvpers hull and attack are top priority. try to keep your weapon tier about 1 level above the average battle tab person. hull is just as important but nit as important as shields for pvp. trying to kill someone with 4000 hull and 4000 shields require completely different strategies. keep your hull at a decent number for your level, like 1500 or 2000 in case of krio torps, but keep your shields 2-3k so that attacking ships may run out of energy, and then while theyre energy is charging your shields are charging.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:20 pm

do hull or shield, regional shields just will not cut it for much longer... and excelcier (da pounders) only had trouble getting through your traps but had no trouble with your hull... your big on PvP so i would say hull then shields then some more hull.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 am

GRRRRR.... i wasted 15000 research on Intra D coliders , i was so used to research energy continuosly that i have habit doing that continously , argh all tech has delayed by 9 hours -_________________-

@sgtlynch - i used to be big, i kinda stopped now, as long as im not top 10 i wont be mauled

@vekno - hmmmm, i only install stryll hunt sensors when battling , quatum sensors are too big~ , i wont be research weapons till i can hit 8 weapons cap~ on singing cannons currently. ill get proton cannons at rank 200 +

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 am
Profile WWW

well, considering ive seen almost 100% of people rank 140+ have antiproton cannons, and 60% of ppl above rank 200 have null rays, youre gonna be a bit behind on ur research.

honestly, energy and buildings are the best things to research while equipping the 8 cannons. i needed an additional 300 deck space to install all 8 of my guns i stuck with only building research. i made it to the +10s and pulled in an additional 1500 research per hour JUST off of upgrading all my planets. now i get around 90-130 production per normal planet, and 260+ from my made planets. now that im set im gonna catch up with all the other categories, like energy, weapons, and cloak.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 am

guns get too expensive later on, ill just have 8 heavy singularity luanchers and any other special weapons : 4x dominion cannons, 4 x crimson phasers, psionic amplifier, dual vortul blasters , at least 2000 firepower... more than enough for a rank 200, if i were to research weapons, it would only be for invading planets.

i think my money is better spent getting the supernove generator before rank 200 and getting better structures.

i wont be researching cloak or weapons for a long time ~

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am
Profile WWW

i have over 2600 attack, and i actually have about the average of most players. the only kills i get anymore are off people who dont have 8 heavy antiproton cannons. its always up to you, but ive seen a few 180s with thetacron cannons. i recommend you be one of em.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:51 am

Hey Common...

" grrr stormkyn guy , rank 171 Roharmi is tryina take my ultra rich mining planet !"
well what am i ? chopped liver?? i have tried to take a planet or two from you... lol

OFFICER:STORMKYN ALLIANCE

Current Rank: 800 +

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 pm

No offense Rogue, you'd sound more intimidating if not for the Care Bears... LOL

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

I really wouldn't call what I did as I full on attempt to take your planet but thanks for the mention. ;-)

Now you've done it. You ignored Rouge and he is pissed. :-)

S!
Roharmi

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:07 pm

someone attacked nipherbren (massive:rich), got nuked, luckily i was onliine for that was as welll :)

for envelos, bomb/nuke it again and ill add another 5 singularity mines on top of the dozen, ill flux it later when i have temporal orbs :)

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:29 pm
Profile WWW

finished sensors, a few terras and metal planet, only one megarich, UNSATISFACTORY, found like 40 tiny planets -___________-

moving to structures

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 am
Profile WWW

Commonwealth <TK> wrote:
guns get too expensive later on, ill just have 8 heavy singularity luanchers and any other special weapons : 4x dominion cannons, 4 x crimson phasers, psionic amplifier, dual vortul blasters , at least 2000 firepower... more than enough for a rank 200, if i were to research weapons, it would only be for invading planets.

i think my money is better spent getting the supernove generator before rank 200 and getting better structures.

i wont be researching cloak or weapons for a long time ~

most rank 200's in my legion have well over 3K, 4 crimson auto phasers and 2 vortul blast phasers doesnt make sense because they are both crimson weapons and there is a limit of 4 crimson weapons not 6.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:18 am

Sensors and structures. You need to boost your production across the board. In the long run that will make it far easier to upgrade everything else. Furthermore, the time you spend working on tech that isn't added to your ship will give you time to add the decks you need later.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next