View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hacking 

When I created my account in the game I picked hacking as my special ability but every time I use it on someone I only get a minimal amount of research points. It feels like its not even worth using the 5 energy for it. Is this all I can expect from hacking? or is it possible to get better results that are worth my while? Maybe I just need to be patient and things will get better at a higher rank? ...currently lvl 32. Or did I really blow it when I picked to be a hacker?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:05 pm

tonyzconfusion wrote:
When I created my account in the game I picked hacking as my special ability but every time I use it on someone I only get a minimal amount of research points. It feels like its not even worth using the 5 energy for it. Is this all I can expect from hacking? or is it possible to get better results that are worth my while? Maybe I just need to be patient and things will get better at a higher rank? ...currently lvl 32. Or did I really blow it when I picked to be a hacker?

If you try to specialize in it you can easily get planets which are (sometimes) priceless. As for weather its really worth it, personally id say no, but we have been discussing on how to make it worth 5 energy so it could easily become worth it soon.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:50 pm

tonyzconfusion wrote:

It's good. As you level up, you'll be able to hack higher level players getting higher RP per hack for same 5 energy. It'll pay off good down the road. I know it feels worthless at the beginning, you are only low level. Also, you have chance to discover planets without the need to scan.. That alone worth it too..

Wed May 26, 2010 5:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]