View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Help 

I am rank 25 and although there are alot of missions available some of them state i need to be at a higher attack to complete. My question is should i uninstall things like scanners that seem to take up alot of room and fill with offensive and defensive weapons? i can reinstall the scanners when i am ready to scan for a planet. I have been puttin 4 points to deck and 1 point to cargo every time. I am currently at 115 decks but i an nowhere near 100 attack.

Thu May 27, 2010 3:19 pm

If you want to do those particular missions, then yes, you need to change your ship modules to meet the requirements of the missions. If you don't want to do that, then just pick a different mission from your list and do that instead.

Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Thank you for stating the obvious. What i was asking is is it normal to have to switch out devices regulary depending on what you want to do in the game or should you just stick to all the best upgrades and work on more deck to apply stronger weapons in time. I know both can be done but if a more experienced player can tell me how they handle it it may help.

Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Yes, it is normal to switch modules depending on what you are doing. It's not possible to keep the best of everything on your ship at all times no matter how many deck spaces you have. You need to decide what you want to have on your ship (weapons/shields/armor/defense/energy/cloak/etc.) and leave off what you don't want or need. For example, most people remove everything and fill their ships with scanners when doing a "scanning blitz" for new planets, then remove the scanners and put other things such as weapons and energy reactors back on when they are done scanning.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Thank you very much that was exactly what i was looking for. My approach has been very wrong then. Thanks again.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:32 pm

and gotta remember those scanners are very expensive to keep. Even uninstalled. So might wanna thing about selling them and rebuilding some when you are ready for another scan blitz for planets. They also take up a lot of room.

Thu May 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]