View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Battle loss 

im sorry for sounding like a total noob but i dont get that when i had 274 attack and he had 35 this is his ship?

i did 20 hull damage to disable him and he did 34 to my shields

Size Class Light Frigate
Weapons Heavy Ion Cannon, Prototype Mech XV
Energy Fusion Reactor - Mark II, Omicron Injector
Sensors EM Scanner, AI Supercomputer
Hull Hardened Titanium Plating
Shields Magnetic Deflector, Harmonic Resonator
Cloaking EM Absorbant Panels - Mark III
Defenses Thrust Stabilizer

i had 2 h phase and i h grav weapons for 274. i thought it was pretty straight math. he had a -10% on his attack...no other affects...what am i missing....also tried to hack him twice with 2 x EM Adaptive Panels Cloak +93 Subspace Sensor - Mark III Scan +152...a total noob help me question...im just totally lost right now

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:28 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
im sorry for sounding like a total noob but i dont get that when i had 274 attack and he had 35 this is his ship?

Size Class Light Frigate

i had 2 h phase and i h grav weapons for 274. i thought it was pretty straight math. he had a -10% on his attack...no other affects...what am i missing....also tried to hack him twice with 2 x EM Adaptive Panels Cloak +93 Subspace Sensor - Mark III Scan +152...a total noob help me question...im just totally lost right now

he might be loaded with crew (very likely in this scenario and configuration). you cant see crew on the ship page so this can seem very confusing.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:17 pm

thanks....but shouldnt that show up in that numbers after the battle.....i only posted that so you could see his weapons....but it said his attack was +31 . i will attack him later and post a screen shot....ive had a bunch of battles since ...all in my favor, and they had much better weapons and defense...still confused, my crew shows up in the attack and defense numbers

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 pm

you have to use a probe to get the true value. that will only show damage from modules.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 pm

yup that must be it, hes hiding 70 attack power(107 total) and from what it seems even more then that in hidden defense...thanks i thought it always showed the total attack power of modules and helmsmen...ect. thanks hunter, you would be proud of me today, i kicked some butt today and hacked for a couple of hundred research and an average oceanic. i usually dont attack much but i felt like a change of pace..1/2 way to my Singularity Core Mark IV, man thats a lot of research for me.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:31 pm

jcwiggens wrote:

Size Class Light Frigate

The damage you are taking... Your defenses is what kills you. Put some defenses. I hacked a completely defenseless target and I had like almost 500 combined cloak+scan and fail twice in a row. Hacking, can't provide more info. Gave up no it.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:54 am

jcwiggens wrote:
yup that must be it, hes hiding 70 attack power(107 total) and from what it seems even more then that in hidden defense...thanks i thought it always showed the total attack power of modules and helmsmen...ect. thanks hunter, you would be proud of me today, i kicked some butt today and hacked for a couple of hundred research and an average oceanic. i usually dont attack much but i felt like a change of pace..1/2 way to my Singularity Core Mark IV, man thats a lot of research for me.

lol im kinda busy fighting right now so i havent even started that tier yet.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]