View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Cargo Space 

Several people i know have asked if they should have more cargo space. i tend to let my cargo be just under my deck space. the most difference i have had was 20. i feel your cargo should keep pace with your deck space, at least early and mid level. not sure if you need so much when your a the big "K's" level but i has suited me so far. i would like some input as to other players thoughts on this. the players who were asking have a 2:1 (270:130) deck to cargo ratio at level 60 and under. thanks

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 pm

I don't count using ratio. I just make sure I have enough cargo to keep artifacts and accept mineral shipment in such a way I do not need to harvest+sell all too many times that it becomes a chore.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:17 pm

do you keep any modules in cargo or just minerals and artifacts?

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 pm

I increase my cargo at a smaller speed the my hull. I haver and will keep on improving my cargo by 50 spaces everry 10 levels. Ya I might build up minerals but I either withdraw and sell at the end of the day, or withdraw and use for upgrades (then sell).

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 pm

No I don't as it would be a long time before I actually reinstall modules.
Anyway, I would most probably get a more advanced module when I do want to reinstall them. So, I end up selling off the uninstalled module. So from my experience, don't keep any modules in cargo unless you are sure that you are going to use it within a week or sooner.
Better to sell them off. Exception would be relays. Always make sure you have 20 cargo space for 4x relays.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Barracuda wrote:
No I don't as it would be a long time before I actually reinstall modules.
Anyway, I would most probably get a more advanced module when I do want to reinstall them. So, I end up selling off the uninstalled module. So from my experience, don't keep any modules in cargo unless you are sure that you are going to use it within a week or sooner.
Better to sell them off. Exception would be relays. Always make sure you have 20 cargo space for 4x relays.

/concur, unused cargo is wasted rank points.

Redlaw wrote:
I increase my cargo at a smaller speed the my hull.

Do you mean Decks? because Hull is defintly diffrent from Decks and cannot be directly gained through rank points.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Yes I ment decks. Still getting used to the game terms fully. So for a little while ill get them mixed up here and there.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:29 pm

I really don't go by decks... what i tend to do is the following:

1)Make sure i have enougn cargo space to hold all my artifacts + be able to unequip some of my installed items and be able to hold them / or if i don't need to unequip anything, have enough extra space where i can harvest all my minerals and sell them with only a few times harvest (after an extended time away from the computer)

2) i also NEVER spend my artifacts until i have over 20,000 because it takes 20,000 artifacts for a chance to get mass storage pod (+60 to cargo space) and if i don't get that i have a chance to get multiple Terrasect containers (+10 to cargo space)

i would say that about 2/3 of my cargo space is from the artifacts i listed above, so i haven't invested a WHOLE lot of my rank points into cargo... i do have a higher artifact production per hour though (which helps) but just saving my artifacts points up seems to work well for me in the cargo area.

i do have to admit.. i have ALOT of artifacts saved so allmost 1/2 my cargo space is ALWAYS in use from my saved artifacts.

and my cargo to deck ratio (which i don't go by) is about at 2:3 incease people wonder AROUND what i have

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]