View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Is there a tutorial on attacking planets? 

I have scanned an enemy planet that is a Massive Oceanic with Very Rich resources. The planet has NO structures on it and it is 'guarded' by a level 2 who hasn't played in long enough that his protection has lapsed. They have a whopping 1% legion bonus so they may have joined to pad a friends legion and then dropped out. I'm thinking this is a safe planet to take.

I scanned through the forum and didn't see anything about HOW to attack a planet or what needs to be equipped to do the job right. I thing a level 32 and smack around a level 2 fairly reliably but I know people regularly concur other planets. Am I missing the tutorial or has no one simply written one yet?

Sean

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Seconded.

I'd love to know how to invade and take over planets the right way myself. Granted, I'm new myself, but I'd love to snatch some low level player's planets if their protection has elapsed. For example a level 5 player killed me a couple days ago but he apparently hasn't played since because I got up to level 12 and then wiped him out and he hasn't repaired his hull since. However, when I try to raid him, I get nothing. No research or anything?

Do I find his planet through hacking? That option is greyed out for me on the "Attack Player" action menu.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:40 pm

give me like 4 days ill make a flowchart, finals start tuesday so I cant right now.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 am

The "Attack Player" button is greyed out because you need to drop the planet's population to 10 or less toattack the player. After you wipe out both the ship and planet, you can invade. The higher yur attack and invade attack, the higher the chances you succesfully invade.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:14 am

My "Hack" button is greyed out so I can't hack this level 5 player and see if I can find his planet then invade it.

How high does my cloak have to be before I can hack people?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:14 am

Veristek wrote:
My "Hack" button is greyed out so I can't hack this level 5 player and see if I can find his planet then invade it.

How high does my cloak have to be before I can hack people?

higher then their scan

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:17 am

So, if you wanted to hack me, I have 52 scan, then you would have to have 53 cloak. I have a question myself, does higher cloaking than needed add to chances of success?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 am

Robert wrote:
So, if you wanted to hack me, I have 52 scan, then you would have to have 53 cloak. I have a question myself, does higher cloaking than needed add to chances of success?

based on how many hacks I've done, I'd have to say that it does to some degree. It maxes out most of the time, especially if you pick your targets well, but it stays between 5%-95%. It kind of makes me wonder if "hackers" have more critical success or if spies can do just as well as hackers and be cloaked better.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 am

Quote:
Cothordin wrote

finals start tuesday

good luck...whats your field of study?....weapons of mass destruction?....lol

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:54 pm

I'd really like to know how to effectively invade a planet once I get out of newbie protection because I found a Terra planet controlled by a player who is rank 13 (I'm at rank 18 at the moment) and this Terra planet has Mega X2 research and Mega X3 artifacts.

How do I get the best chances of success at taking this planet once I hit rank 20?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Veristek wrote:
I'd really like to know how to effectively invade a planet once I get out of newbie protection because I found a Terra planet controlled by a player who is rank 13 (I'm at rank 18 at the moment) and this Terra planet has Mega X2 research and Mega X3 artifacts.

How do I get the best chances of success at taking this planet once I hit rank 20?

boost your attack anyway possible

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]