View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Opinions, Scanning vs. Invading 

Looking for some opinions here folks, thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Here is my thoughts so far on how I could expand my holdings.

1. Scanning/Colonizing - its a matter of luck on what we find, costs two days of credits for my 11th planet, scanners are expensive and best used in "scanning frenzies" then sold, in addition after colonizing we then have to pay for structures.

2. Invasion - I have a good sized legion so I'm seeing a fair amount of alerts however I've only tried once and was suprised to find that there is apparently a credit cost for an invasion, infact it was double the cost to colonize a empty planet at that time, is this a standard rate or does it go up as I get more planets just like colonization? I've been told I get to keep all the structures on a planet so this may off set that.

So here is my take on Invading vs. Colonizing, and I'll admit I am very inexperienced - assuming all resources and planet sizes are the same invading a planet with low tech buildings can actually be more expensive than scanning one and building yourself, however if you found a planet with higher tech buildings than your own it could be worth the cost to try an invasion BUT I'm wondering after you get the planet to the invade option is there a guarantee you will get the planet after you pay the cost? If not is the credits refunded?

So are my assumptions in the ball park? opinions on what works best?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I too am about ready to get my 11th world. The way I see it is is unless you found a really really great enemy owned world I wouldn't invade them. You don't all ways get the world and you don't get the credits back if I remember right. Then you have to wait 24 hours for the invade timer to recharge and attack them again and weaken them to the point where you can again attempt to capture it. You do get to keep the structures on the world as well so that does help if they have really good ones built.

So in my opinion it is not worth it unless you have a conflict with the player who own's it or it is a really good world.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Mojo, with all that in mind I cant see any reason to invade at all.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 am

I try to invade before I settle to save on credits. Planet flux is invaluable... If it's a really good world it will probably be decked out in chassis.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:56 am

Marineboy1969 wrote:
Looking for some opinions here folks, thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Here is my thoughts so far on how I could expand my holdings.

1. Scanning/Colonizing - its a matter of luck on what we find, costs two days of credits for my 11th planet, scanners are expensive and best used in "scanning frenzies" then sold, in addition after colonizing we then have to pay for structures.

2. Invasion - I have a good sized legion so I'm seeing a fair amount of alerts however I've only tried once and was suprised to find that there is apparently a credit cost for an invasion, infact it was double the cost to colonize a empty planet at that time, is this a standard rate or does it go up as I get more planets just like colonization? I've been told I get to keep all the structures on a planet so this may off set that.

So here is my take on Invading vs. Colonizing, and I'll admit I am very inexperienced - assuming all resources and planet sizes are the same invading a planet with low tech buildings can actually be more expensive than scanning one and building yourself, however if you found a planet with higher tech buildings than your own it could be worth the cost to try an invasion BUT I'm wondering after you get the planet to the invade option is there a guarantee you will get the planet after you pay the cost? If not is the credits refunded?

So are my assumptions in the ball park? opinions on what works best?

1: You need more mineral production.

2: Steady Rate, always X2 of colonizing. If you havnt researched a structure you cant use it. Credits are not refunded when destroying structures. The only reason you should ever invade a planet is if it is big and has good resource production like any good planet.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks Cothordin! I'm trying to get my minerals and research up but right now it seems like there is never enough of anything.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Marineboy1969 wrote:
Thanks Cothordin! I'm trying to get my minerals and research up but right now it seems like there is never enough of anything.

Ya good mineral planets are hard to come by, you gotta just keep trying to find em.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Now I know about the rule where you can only have one planet for every 4 ranks you are but yet at the same time I see on the leaders board that Kenneth Lim has 387 planets and his rank is only 181. Now how did he get that many worlds when you are only allowed a limited amount? Can you still invade a world and take one that way even if your rank is lower than it's supposed to be or is that rule new and he had that many from before the rule came out? Any help would be great on that. Thanks.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile WWW

No, that number is planet scanned, not own

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok thanks I didn't know that. :D I thought that sounded like a lot.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]