View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Battles Help PLZ 

Hi,

My rank currently 28 My attack 96 defense 60 hull 110 cloak 40 scan i think 45 and shield 120. Why am i losing battles against a person with rank 29 attack 38 defense 24??? Can someone plz help me or give suggestions> This is only one example loosing constantly

Sat May 14, 2011 7:28 pm

unless youve used a weapon or defense spy prove your only getting the attack and defense of their modules. tactical officers and helmsmen dont factor into the display. thats usually why they have +s next to those numbers. unless you put rank points into tactical officers, dont bother battling till you get weapon modules that give you a better attack/deck ratio than the tacofficer/rankpoint ratio. in other words, until you get a weapon with attack stats over 2.0 then dont pvp, but again, thats only if you havent gone heavy into tac officers.

Sat May 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Thank you.

I concentrated on deck normally using all 5 on decks. deck space 158 and using two light plasma canon size 17 attack 42 ratio seem right?

Basically will need to send probe in every time? Does scanning ability play such a big role in battles?

I attacked a NPC(ship) rank 15.
attack on it was 10 defense 60. Mine, attack 96 and defense 60 scanning 6 cloaking 40

while attacking got between 2-4 damage and dealt out 12-15 damage.
this was Over 15 attacks before the NPC was disabled.

tried to work out the ratio. with no success.

I feel lost I do not go after the experienced hardcore guy's only a novice or beginner more or less the same rank than me.
Everything i have on modules towers over these individuals.

Sun May 15, 2011 4:18 am

gert wrote:
Hi,

My rank currently 28 My attack 96 defense 60 hull 110 cloak 40 scan i think 45 and shield 120. Why am i losing battles against a person with rank 29 attack 38 defense 24??? Can someone plz help me or give suggestions> This is only one example loosing constantly

I suggest you add more hull (Titanium Plating) and chuck out all of your shields, shield module are not space effiecient.

Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 am
Profile WWW

gert wrote:
I concentrated on deck normally using all 5 on decks. deck space 158 and using two light plasma canon size 17 attack 42 ratio seem right?

This is probably why you are losing battles against opponents with smaller attack/defens figures. While battling their is a cap on how much damage you can do per attack based on decksize. You can read the formula here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5720.

Essentially the more decks your ship has the more damage in one shot you can recieve. Whilst you are a lower ranked ship you will more often run into opponents who have put their rank points into things other then decks meaning the damage cap on their ship can be lower then the damage you recieve. Whilst small ship builds are viable as you rank up your damage dealt should increase as a heavy deck build is choosen by I think the majority of players.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Thank you,

everything is just a catch 22 situation.Ratio getting more decks=modules to upgrading attack ect.Decks being better ratio later in the game i hope.

But understand better thank you.

Sun May 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Yup, it's a pain for my friend in a similar situation, he's Konqul Fixer, with almost 200 attack with crystal foci boost, but still only hits in the 20s because of smaller ships, thus he normally goes for the higher ranked players in his battle tab.
0.5(29+19=48)=24 cap.
It's annoying for him.
I hate the damage cap to be honest, because when I'm helping out a low rank:
700 attack vs 35 defence, you would think I would 1 hit kill, but no.
0.5(29+19)=24, so I only do 24 damage... it's funny, because I saw a scout yesterday on battle tab.
0.5(67+19=86)=43. 43 CAP!!! All his space was hull and his points tactical officers! He was dealing far more damage to me than I was to him, despite him having horrid firepower.
I might look into that strategy actually, it seems quite good.

Mon May 16, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]