View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Legion options on planets? 

Hey all,

I decided to take the plunge and added 7 heavy laser cannons then invaded the Terra planet with 3x Mega Rich resources I referred to in other posts and threads. I succeeded the first time I invaded it. Wheee!

Now I have a question. What do I do with the legion options? I want to protect this planet as much as I can. I see a few legion messages when I do the drop-down menu.

Guard / Defend Planet
Help Build Defenses
Help Build Mining
Help Build Research
Help Build Artifacts

What does each option + message do? I also parked my ship in orbit of this planet and built 4 surface bunkers for +40 defense total and I have 32% legion bonus.

What can and should I do to maximize my chances of holding onto this planet?

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:46 am

Veristek wrote:
Hey all,

I decided to take the plunge and added 7 heavy laser cannons then invaded the Terra planet with 3x Mega Rich resources I referred to in other posts and threads. I succeeded the first time I invaded it. Wheee!

Now I have a question. What do I do with the legion options? I want to protect this planet as much as I can. I see a few legion messages when I do the drop-down menu.

Guard / Defend Planet
Help Build Defenses
Help Build Mining
Help Build Research
Help Build Artifacts

What does each option + message do? I also parked my ship in orbit of this planet and built 4 surface bunkers for +40 defense total and I have 32% legion bonus.

What can and should I do to maximize my chances of holding onto this planet?

1. GUARD it with your ship.
2. Build defense structures. Minefields do damage to attackers, shields cause them to do less damage to you. build a couple of most advanced structures to start.
3. If you trust your legion, alert them with the "guard/defend" option.
4. Use artifacts as needed. Longevity serum will increase max pop, then cloning pods will quickly fill it. Activate a grav whip trap and/or shield sentry, these will last a week til sprung and offer good protection.

Don't bother cloaking it, the original owner already knows it's there and can alert their legion to invade any time. You might need to build more defenses in a hurry, so keep some resources available. If a couple days go by and nobody attacks, you can planet flux yourself to anonymity, or just hold steady and see what happens.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Veristek wrote:
What does each option + message do?

The message does nothing except help to pass the message to your legion why you shared the planet. The message appears in their Ship log

For Headless -> Artifacts. You can also use shield sentries or sentry guards (those add 300 att or def). Alarm sentry is more potent than Grav-whip trap as Alarm sentry provides 12hrs of 300 def starting from the first attack while the Grav-whip just deals 400 damage... repair and good to go.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 pm

If it is REALLY worth keeping and the original owner might be strong enough to take it back or his legion might be strong enough to take it back then planet-flux it off his radar screens so he can't recapture it. Best to do this before he spreads word to his legion to counter attack.

Sean

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Veristek wrote:
What does each option + message do?

For Headless -> Artifacts. You can also use shield sentries or sentry guards (those add 300 att or def). Alarm sentry is more potent than Grav-whip trap as Alarm sentry provides 12hrs of 300 def starting from the first attack while the Grav-whip just deals 400 damage... repair and good to go.

Yep, my statement was intended to include ALL defensive planetary artifacts. I only gave some examples that are good to throw right after an invasion. Grav-whip is better than you make it sound, though. Unless you're very high rank it will most likely disable you, or at least wipe out your shield which takes a while to regenerate. Without shields, you'll need to spend time repairing, which is on a timer. Anything that delays your attacker will give you time to react by using those other short duration artifacts as needed.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for the advice, guys.

The planet's stats...

Average Terran
Rich Minerals
Mega Rich x3 Artifacts
Mega Rich x2 Research

The guy I took it from is still Rank 13 (at moment of invasion), no newbie protection, and only has a legion of 1.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Versitek, is it me or are you doing better than any lowbie Ive evr seen or heard of?
Veristek wrote:
I decided to take the plunge and added 7 heavy laser cannons then invaded the Terra planet with 3x Mega Rich resources I referred to in other posts and threads. I succeeded the first time I invaded it.
How high level are you already? Im up to 39.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:13 am

Robert wrote:
Versitek, is it me or are you doing better than any lowbie Ive evr seen or heard of?
Veristek wrote:
I decided to take the plunge and added 7 heavy laser cannons then invaded the Terra planet with 3x Mega Rich resources I referred to in other posts and threads. I succeeded the first time I invaded it.
How high level are you already? Im up to 39.

Well from what I can tell hes following my adivce, so he he would of course be ranking at a significantly higher level

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]