View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Father 

will there be a mission for it, or is it only going to be available for galaxy points?

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:56 pm

It is a special item only available for GPs.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:31 pm

webguydan wrote:
It is a special item only available for GPs.

Okay... Now that's father's day. More "exclusive" items like this will spoil the game for those who ain't paying.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Seem ok for me, if someone want to shave another 10 secants off there energy recharge for 20 or so dollars let them. It would be nice to have, but if there is no items that are cash only then cash will not be put into the game as much as it could be. Premium items do not hurt the game if done right.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Redlaw wrote:
Seem ok for me, if someone want to shave another 10 secants off there energy recharge for 20 or so dollars let them. It would be nice to have, but if there is no items that are cash only then cash will not be put into the game as much as it could be. Premium items do not hurt the game if done right.

Well, I am hurt. Happy Fathers' day by the way.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Seems ok to me...i wont spend twenty to get it. this is a business and while i would love to shed a "scant" 10 secs its to much money. i will still enjoy the game just as much and am just as grateful for it. in the last week i have seem one player go from heavy cruiser to heavy star destroyer in less then 7 days. i had never seen larger then titan before. should i be able to tell that player hes not allowed to spend his money as he sees fit? i dont wont to, nor do i have the right. i wouldn't get any satisfaction growing that way, but thats me. dont worry about what other players have. there are sooo many people i will never catch as im only rank 71, but if i play smart i can compete above my level. thats the real challenge of the game. that and judging my progress against and cooperating with my peers. i guess what it comes down to is this, dont be hating on Dan for making a buck on his successful Facebook game.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:58 pm

By the time you recharge is ridiculously low anyways, 10 seconds is a big deal. ie if your recharge were 20 seconds, subtracting 10 seconds doubles your rate... impossible, yes, but the concept applies to all numbers in some such way

At least you can't buy research at any appreciable rate... I think as long as there is at least one major thing money can't buy, that can only be acquired by patience, then people won't be quitting in droves.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm

I got mine..i think the price was reasonable and i was looking for something to buy to support the game...i choose this...i wont buy things often but i get a lot of enjoyment out of this game...one that i can play well and still have a real life...so if 20000 buy thats 200000k cu dos. Free enterprise i like it and support it...thanks dan and a happy fathers day in advance to all dads

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 am

How long will this reward be available? I'm maxed out on space, so I need 2 level ups to be able to house the 2 FATHER devices if I buy them.

I was wondering if it would be better if the FATHER devices can be rebuilt or reinstalled if space runs out, the modules are destroyed (I heard modules can be destroyed?), sold off by accident, etc.

Pay the GP for the first 2 FATHER's, then from that point on, you can buy / sell them on your ship module screen without paying another 40 GP per FATHER. Why not do a flag thing in coding to this effect? Shouldn't be too much trouble- "Player X purchased 2 FATHER's? If yes, enable construction and selling of FATHER devices. If no, disable construction and selling of FATHER devices".

Or another idea is to make FATHER unsellable and indestructable (never be destroyed or lose "Perfect" condition).

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:49 am

It will be available until the end of Father's Day. Like other modules, the F.A.T.H.E.R. can be repaired when it is broken. There shouldn't be a need to continue to buy new ones. Also, it should be very unlikely that you would sell / demolish yours by accident - there is now a confirmation dialog you have to accept if you try to do so.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:43 am

webguydan wrote:
It will be available until the end of Father's Day. Like other modules, the F.A.T.H.E.R. can be repaired when it is broken. There shouldn't be a need to continue to buy new ones. Also, it should be very unlikely that you would sell / demolish yours by accident - there is now a confirmation dialog you have to accept if you try to do so.

/woot! now we just need a buyback option for pervasively lost items

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 am

I agree with Cothordin, I'm still kicking myself about selling my psionic amplifier. Reading this thread made me realize that yes, I do very much enjoy this game, so I will very likely purchase the F.A.T.H.E.R.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:59 am

I have my two. :D They are great. Love the game thanks Dan.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:56 am
Profile WWW

Great devices -- 5 energy regen speed for no energy cost = great for low levels.

At my measly 120 energy it reduced my time for full recharge from 4.47 hours to 4.1 hours. (saving me 20 minutes per full refill :>)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm

webguydan wrote:

Since tomorrow, Father's day is the last day to purchase FATHER, what happens if I purchase 2 and don't have the installation space for even one at time of purchase ?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 am

Probably does the same as mission artifacts, overflows your deck space like this 185/181

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am

furlfoot2 wrote:
Great devices -- 5 energy regen speed for no energy cost = great for low levels.

At my measly 120 energy it reduced my time for full recharge from 4.47 hours to 4.1 hours. (saving me 20 minutes per full refill :>)

Great for low levels, EXTREMELY great/impressive for higher levels.
Low levels: Energy recharge rate increased by 5-10%
High levels: Energy recharge rate increased by 10-15%+

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 am

Robert wrote:
Probably does the same as mission artifacts, overflows your deck space like this 185/181

Purchased FATHER shortly after your post and the 40 GP were deducted from those I purchased but I do NOT see the unit in the Energy nor any other section of my ship nor does it show when I VIEW SHIP STATS.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 am

The F.A.T.H.E.R. is an artifact - you will find it in your trade cargo, where you can build it from there.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:26 am

I purchased 2. Heh, Happy Fathers Day!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]