View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Small ship build 

i was wondering if any one can guide me little on how to do

Should i reset my ship and start over, or am i on the right track for small ship build?

Quote:
Armaghetto
Rank 25 Konqul Excavator

Size Class: Scout
Space: 20 / 25
Attack: 23
Defense: 5
Scan: 1
Cloak: 0
Cargo: 24 / 50

Quote:
25 Decks
50 Cargo
296 Engineers
19 Tactical Officers
5 Helmsmen
10 Scientists

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:30 am

Start investing into decks, you need sensors to find good planets. otherwise you will just rank and rank and rank and your ship will be weak for your rank.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:32 am
Profile WWW

It looks fine for the most part, although usually people who use the small ship build do so for PvP purposes, so you'll want to get more Tactical Officers. Also, there is a new system for max damage, I think it's your (level +19)/2 or half your decks, whichever is larger, so you might as well put 1 point into decks each time you level, because keeping your decks less than that won't do you any good.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 am

With small shi build, should i do NPCS or missions? im currently closing in on rank 31, no weapons researched, altho i got the +3 relays and now working on the planet buildings.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:19 pm

im thinking of starting over,
any better help for me
like what to research first
etc. seems like im shitty at level 33:

Size Class: Scout
Space: 26 / 33
Attack: 98
Defense: 10
Scan: 6
Cloak: 5
Cargo: 35 / 55
Upkeep: 2.2K
Konqul: Attack +20%
Excavator: Artifact +10%

no weaposn researched, +3 chargers, more or less all i have.
2 planets that are so so

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Having only two planets at rank 33 is going to be quite disadvantagous no matter what your build is, I think that getting into an organised helpful legion and picking up a few nice planet shares would help you out alot, as a small ship build you really need quite a decent AP/hour in order to regularly collect those ship boosting artifacts, ontop of regular research/mining. In the early levels picking up red badges for dominion cannons may be better then researching weaponary and researching decent hull, having a big hull so that players run out of energy before you do hull. I'mm not really sure as to how else you can build your crew to be effective I imagine in the earliest levels investing in att/def crew and later adding engineers. High def with high hull with low decks would make your ship very resiliant during the early levels if you choose to reset.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

Seek out Ejjakai, Bagodix and MurderDeathKill of Undertakers Incorporated. They are quite well versed in the small ship build and are very successful in PvP but remember as folks are stating, it comes with a price. Being a small ship is to take advantage of the damage cap, which is to say, an advantage to utilize in combat. So don't be counting on fast leveling and mission spamming. If you're not interested in spreading death, reconsider using this build altogether.

~ D

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 am

You have to ask yourself what it is that you want out of this game.

Do you want to pvp at low levels?

Do you want to get to a high rank?

If we know what you want out of the game, then we are more likely able to help you down the right path.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 am

Im only out to have as much pvp i can take, ive recently had a level 400+ ship that i reset recently because it was just boring level 1-2 times per day if not more clicking missions to level some more.
Now i just wanna pvp and spread my wings around.

But im almost rank 36 and i got shitz for attack, no scanners to find more better planets thenthe 2 i currently got, i gain no rp or ap (around 60 per hour of each)
i know i did someteing wrong from the getgo, so i might need to reset again and "do it right", as soon i figure out what to do in what order.

I dont care if i manage to anger up a legion that will zero me for 2 days, i wanna go give them back if that happens.

if i attack npcs now, i get disasbled atleast 5 times before i kill one, so it takes around an half an hour per npcs to do now :D

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:00 am

Armaghetto wrote:
Im only out to have as much pvp i can take, ive recently had a level 400+ ship that i reset recently because it was just boring level 1-2 times per day if not more clicking missions to level some more.
Now i just wanna pvp and spread my wings around.

But im almost rank 36 and i got shitz for attack, no scanners to find more better planets thenthe 2 i currently got, i gain no rp or ap (around 60 per hour of each)
i know i did someteing wrong from the getgo, so i might need to reset again and "do it right", as soon i figure out what to do in what order.

I dont care if i manage to anger up a legion that will zero me for 2 days, i wanna go give them back if that happens.

if i attack npcs now, i get disasbled atleast 5 times before i kill one, so it takes around an half an hour per npcs to do now :D

If you want to pvp alot during the early levels than you definitely went the wrong route. You have too many engineers. You should probably restart. And if you do, start as a konquil fixer.

Building decks: Keep it as small as possible while still being able to equip all your necessary modules.

Cargo: Add enough to hold what you need.

Engineers: Add enough to have enough energy to do what needs to be done.

Tactical officers: This is your meat and potatoes. This is where you'll put most of your points.

When you start over begin pvping as soon as possible to try to get the dom cannons since they have great size to dmg ratio. (be sure to add points to tactical officers to get an edge over people your rank)

Try to join a good legion to help you out.

Have a friend or your legion send you a tachyon cylinder and subspace seeker. This will allow you to scan a lot more planets and increasing your chances of finding decent planets.

This is a start down the right road I think. It's been a long time since I was a low rank so my advice might be off. So feel free to correct me.

Last edited by Frail on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:12 am

When you are doing research. Concentrate early on energy, planetary buildings, weapons and hull.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 am

Thanks, im now level 5 and have 4 badges so far, scanned one and got a crappy mining planet :d

ive done first relays and doing scanners atm so i can find more, after that i thought to research planetary buildins one tier and more energy after that.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Glad I could help.

Keep the updates coming. I'm curious to see how my advice plays out.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Level 8 and 10 red badges.. im still taking alot of dmg, and due to little hull, its being repairing alot hehe.

Cant wait till i find great planets (large/rich or bettah) so research jumps and AP starts giving goodies.

Just finished researching +9 scanners, and now pondering what to do next.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:08 am

yay did a small scan run and found:

Oceanic Massive Artifact: Very Rich You
Terra Average Artifact: 3x Mega Rich You

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am

I recommend researching hull. That way you won't have to repair as often. And it allows you to take advantage of being a fixer.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Frail wrote:
I recommend researching hull. That way you won't have to repair as often. And it allows you to take advantage of being a fixer.

oki, switching to hulls first, the planetary i guess :D or energy to get those +3 relays.

im level 10 now and with 18 red ones in my baggage.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Frail wrote:

Got the +25 hulls researched now.

And got my first dom cannon at rank 14.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:50 am

Armaghetto wrote:
Frail wrote:

Got the +25 hulls researched now.

And got my first dom cannon at rank 14.

Heh. That's 1 dom cannon more than me. :shock:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 am

sameee...i have enough kills to get 3 but it was before badges...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next