View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Message ? 

Received a message alert, for a planet, from one of my Legion Members. It was for the Planet *****-**** and said " Reserved, Don't Colonize ". This Planet was previously a Planet that I discovered in a scan and now does NOT appear in my Planet list. This Member has 2 1/2 times my rank, his Legion is 20 times as large as mine, and his ship strength is roughly 7 times mine.

Why would this Legion Team Member send Me such a Message, how did he get my planet, and why did the planet disappear from my database? .

Last edited by integrityseeks on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Your legion is sharing your planet which is reserved for someone to colonize, implying (or requesting) that other's should not colonize it/attack it as it is already reserved. Colonizing, attacking it would anger the sharing and target legion. (sharing = the one who shared, target legion = planet was shared for that legion)

So to those not "target legion" they should [actually] ignore such messages unless you want to anger some people...

NOTE: Shares are for ENTIRE legion, this message is used so that the target legion can actually get the planet rather than ALL the legions going to grab it...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Your legion is sharing your planet which is reserved for someone to colonize, implying (or requesting) that other's should not colonize it/attack it as it is already reserved. Colonizing, attacking it would anger the sharing and target legion. (sharing = the one who shared, target legion = planet was shared for that legion)

So to those not "target legion" they should [actually] ignore such messages unless you want to anger some people...

NOTE: Shares are for ENTIRE legion, this message is used so that the target legion can actually get the planet rather than ALL the legions going to grab it...

Sry, didn't realize it was a planet that was in my Planet list & I had unsuccessfully invaded it twice. Now it disappeared from my Planet List.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm

the reason it disappeared is that an artifact was used on it the erases it from everyones scan lists. usually referred to as fluxing or was it fluxed...i think its planetary flux... must have been a good one for someone to use a flux on it :)

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
the reason it disappeared is that an artifact was used on it the erases it from everyones scan lists. usually referred to as fluxing or was it fluxed...i think its planetary flux... must have been a good one for someone to use a flux on it :)

Or, it was a share and it expired

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 am

Thanks for the info, had a couple of planets disappear for a short while, then reappear, perhaps a DB glitch.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 am

More likely those planet scans were shared by your legion members. A shared scan lasts for a set amount of time, and then disappears from your planet list, until shared again. Sometimes the same scan will be shared several times, this is especially common for planets being fought over.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]