View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 battle screen opponents 

why, whenever I go to the battle screen, are all my opponents always so much higher than me? usually 5-15 levels... :cry: :?:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:41 pm

I had never noticed before (because I like to mind my own business), but you're right. Most of mine are 20-40 levels higher than I am.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:48 pm

I mean... I know it's supposed to be a challenge...

... but that would be risking anialation! It's like shooting pop-guns at them. Like a bee stinging a lion... I would only aggravate them and invite certain death.

My scans are barely high enough to see half of their components.
What I can see is that I am outgunned by a wide margin.

It's bad enough that the majority of them are dangerous, harmful or deadly :shock:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm

you just have to be patient, there aren't that many players on GL but eventually the game will grow. ;)

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 am

LordKrauzen wrote:
you just have to be patient, there aren't that many players on GL but eventually the game will grow. ;)

And that's supposed to make me feel better?!! Just means there will be even more players out to get me! :?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15 am

spacecowboy wrote:
I mean... I know it's supposed to be a challenge...

... but that would be risking anialation! It's like shooting pop-guns at them. Like a bee stinging a lion... I would only aggravate them and invite certain death.

My scans are barely high enough to see half of their components.
What I can see is that I am outgunned by a wide margin.

It's bad enough that the majority of them are dangerous, harmful or deadly :shock:

Huh sounds like DOO....

Collision wrote:
LordKrauzen wrote:

And that's supposed to make me feel better?!! Just means there will be even more players out to get me! :?

Or you could get some attack/defesne and then possible be the guy to do it to them.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:10 am

Cothordin wrote:
Or you could get some attack/defesne and then possible be the guy to do it to them.

Sounds good... except I'm disabled all day.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:19 am

Collision wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

Sounds good... except I'm disabled all day.

and how is that stopping you?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:28 am

Cothordin wrote:

As soon as I rank up, my ship is automatically reparied... and I get disabled again. It's a no-win situation until I get off this asshole's radar.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 am

Collision wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

As soon as I rank up, my ship is automatically reparied... and I get disabled again. It's a no-win situation until I get off this asshole's radar.

yes but how is being disabled stopping you. Okay you got disabled, rank up more.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:44 am

Cothordin wrote:
yes but how is being disabled stopping you. Okay you got disabled, rank up more.

It's a lot faster to rank up when you're not disabled. Right now all I can do are teeny missions that give me a whopping 27 XP at a time.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 am

Collision wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

It's a lot faster to rank up when you're not disabled. Right now all I can do are teeny missions that give me a whopping 27 XP at a time.

for how much energy? its not a matter of XP output its a matter of the energy/XP ratio. if you get 27 XP for 1 energy thats a heck of alot better then a mission that gives you 200 XP for 100 energy.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 am

The only missions I can do while disabled are low energy ones that cost 16 or 20.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:08 am

Collision wrote:
The only missions I can do while disabled are low energy ones that cost 16 or 20.

again its not the energy cost specificly, or the XP return specificly. Its how much XP do you get for each energy spent. and even if for some reason being disabled doesnt let you do missions with better energy/XP ratios, just save up energy, repair, do em before you can get disabled and get disabled.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:13 am

Quote:

yes, that was sort of my point... trying to avoid becoming some annoying speck on someone's radar screen... I feel for you

however, the more I level up, it seems the higher level these opponents become... like a moving target... i'm still the bottom fish.

when I was lower level, at least some of the opponents were lower or a similar level. I had a chance then.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:57 am

ok heres the solution to your problems either..
A: research/get some attack/defesne modules
B: research/get some cloaking
It may take a few days before you can get good enough moduels to make enough of a diffrence but youll get there and then youll be fine.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:02 am

Quote:
It may take a few days before you can get good enough moduels to make enough of a diffrence but youll get there and then youll be fine.

and I keep doing that, and in doing so, I go up in levels, and so do they....

... as I said... its a moving target... and the level gap is getting larger than when I was lower rank

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 am

ok heres a short list of what rank does not equal...
Attack
Defense
Cloaking
Scanning
Decks
Crew
Ship Strength
Legion
Organazation Affiliation
Module Strength
Planetary Production
Artifacts
Planets

This is a RPG and because of that people's ships are not all outfitted the same way, because of this someone can easily be 30 ranks above you and be weaker then you. This being said ranks arnt useless but they do not equal power in any direct fashion. All in all with the current system if you focus on energy(so that you can rank up quicker) you will be behind when it comes to PVP, this is the price of specialization. Which is one of the core concepts of RPGs.

IMO the guys appearing on your battle list should be based of Ship Strength instead of rank as that is a much more accurate indication of power. I also think that XP rewards from Battles should be based of Ship Strength for the same reason.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 am

So if a guy is 30 ranks above you and has a Ion cannon but you have a Plasma cannon your not going to attack him?(Im asking collision and the other guys, coth)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 pm

spacecowboy wrote:
Quote:

and I keep doing that, and in doing so, I go up in levels, and so do they....

... as I said... its a moving target... and the level gap is getting larger than when I was lower rank

As previously indicated, the battle page is probably based on ship strength, [ offense + defense ], and your kills / deaths ratio may also be a factor. I believe the same may apply if you are classified as a Hacker as opposed as an attacker but I am not yet certain.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next