View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Pita's ship log- rank 958+ 

ARustyTinCan wrote:
howesy wrote:
well here at TSL 65k a day plus his shipment. that is damn good for a rank 60+ to be fair..its a good path to go down, and surely with your ship you must of slow ranked somewhere down the road.

where are you atm lev, btw?

I've slowed my ranking down because I now have 22.5k Ap/H (Non-Excavator). For his rank, anything below r250 that's not the right way to go. And he's on CRA.

oh i see, thats the way to go then? fair enough, its effective for early raids though. you know that Pirate title is prestigious :P

and thanks, i realise hes gone to..them :P D:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 pm
Profile WWW

And BTW, freeze ranking does improve your ship. You keep gaining more research, and production in general (If you haven't completed planetary research), and attack defense, hull, shield, while not gaining rank, not to mention stats (Yes, I know those don't really matter).

Everyone keeps talking on about have the other guy, who keeps ranking improves faster, but, here's the catch: While the normal ranker does indeed improve more (maybe) per unit of time, the slow/freeze ranker gains less ranks, and is stronger at every individual rank than the normal ranker (Assuming same start and approx same quality (not number) of planets)

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 pm

howesy wrote:
ARustyTinCan wrote:
howesy wrote:
well here at TSL 65k a day plus his shipment. that is damn good for a rank 60+ to be fair..its a good path to go down, and surely with your ship you must of slow ranked somewhere down the road.

where are you atm lev, btw?

I've slowed my ranking down because I now have 22.5k Ap/H (Non-Excavator). For his rank, anything below r250 that's not the right way to go. And he's on CRA.

oh i see, thats the way to go then? fair enough, its effective for early raids though. you know that Pirate title is prestigious :P

and thanks, i realise hes gone to..them :P D:

Hey, not my fault! I'm a trader, a cosmopolite (Galctopolite?), therefore I can't be bothered with legion wars... :lol:

(Though I would respond to alerts when I'm in my home legion...

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Levrosh wrote:
And BTW, freeze ranking does improve your ship. You keep gaining more research, and production in general (If you haven't completed planetary research), and attack defense, hull, shield, while not gaining rank, not to mention stats (Yes, I know those don't really matter).

Everyone keeps talking on about have the other guy, who keeps ranking improves faster, but, here's the catch: While the normal ranker does indeed improve more (maybe) per unit of time, the slow/freeze ranker gains less ranks, and is stronger at every individual rank than the normal ranker (Assuming same start and approx same quality (not number) of planets)

Care to prove that theory?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

ARustyTinCan wrote:
Levrosh wrote:

TBP

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Levrosh wrote:
ARustyTinCan wrote:
Levrosh wrote:

TBP

That's someone who has played for over 2 years with a good ap/h for his rank. No disrespect to him or anything but freeze/slow rank for 2 years, I'm not surprised his ship is like that. And I'm sure he has a rift.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

Urghhh...

Fine, I'll gust have to do an excel graph or something, then..

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:49 pm

instead you should compare someone doing what you do(slow ranking) to someone who ranks quickly at first, then slows down. if the second one is going slower than the first, when they meet in rank again the second will be way stronger.

if you ever do not take a god planet because you dont have room you are going too slow.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 pm

KJReed wrote:
instead you should compare someone doing what you do(slow ranking) to someone who ranks quickly at first, then slows down. if the second one is going slower than the first, when they meet in rank again the second will be way stronger.

if you ever do not take a god planet because you dont have room you are going too slow.

if the slow ranker is playing that model correctly, they will NEVER catch up to the second pilot you refer to, mostly due to xp requirements to rank up (if they both do the SAME things).

and while i might agree with your 2d paragraph ... a god planet is always worth abandoning your crappiest planet if you have no open planet slots.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 pm
Profile WWW

Levrosh wrote:
One planet slot open in case something really god comes up in a legion alert or something.

KJReed wrote:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm afraid I had to gain a rank due to a Kulgox on one of my arti worlds. (It was costing me about 100 unit per hour, it hurts at this rank) Now rank 61, unfortunately

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:26 am

Freeze ranking at low levels is a terrible idea, because when you get to high levels, your actual level doesn't matter at all. The only thing that makes you strong is your AP production and time. That's it - that's the entire game. Time spent with low AP makes you weaker than time spent with high AP.

Sitting around at a super-low rank caps your max planets so low that your AP will be pathetic, and when you get to higher ranks, you'll be a weakling. You spend six months sitting around with 2k AP/hr? Whoopty doo, I'll spend the next six months making 50 times that. So you're a strong Rank 75? Congratulations, you're Lord of the Scrubs.

If you don't have good planets to take, there's no reason to rank up. I have open slots, so I'm in no hurry to add ranks. But don't cripple yourself by sitting at low AP, all the while deluded into thinking that you're 'soaking up power' with your one Rescued Prisoner every two days. The Black Pearl is *not* powerful. He stays at low level because he'd get decimated if he ranked up.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 am

Toastar wrote:
Freeze ranking at low levels is a terrible idea, because when you get to high levels, your actual level doesn't matter at all. The only thing that makes you strong is your AP production and time. That's it - that's the entire game. Time spent with low AP makes you weaker than time spent with high AP.

Sitting around at a super-low rank caps your max planets so low that your AP will be pathetic, and when you get to higher ranks, you'll be a weakling. You spend six months sitting around with 2k AP/hr? Whoopty doo, I'll spend the next six months making 50 times that. So you're a strong Rank 75? Congratulations, you're Lord of the Scrubs.

If you don't have good planets to take, there's no reason to rank up. I have open slots, so I'm in no hurry to add ranks. But don't cripple yourself by sitting at low AP, all the while deluded into thinking that you're 'soaking up power' with your one Rescued Prisoner every two days. The Black Pearl is *not* powerful. He stays at low level because he'd get decimated if he ranked up.

True, true. Agreed. My ship is *not* powerful, but it's relatively powerful, Lord of the Scrubs indeed. Last I checked I am as good as an average power-ranking (POWER RANKING, take note) 800, which is around 30k in combat strength, and he or she could prolly be there in 4 months, with a good plan? Almost 3 years of staying low doesn't seem really worth it, does it? The question now is WHY do people choose to freeze rank? Freeze rank IS detrimental to your end-game, I won't deny that.

But I do it for my reasons, a plan of close perfection as I see it. By the time I'm mid-rank or so I will be ranking at a faster pace according to plan. Right now I am just waiting for some...stuff...to accumulate, and then I will ride the coaster at that point onwards. Not to mention it's fun freeze ranking! The joy of idleness as a tinker polishes every rivet of his ship slowly till it shines, with the occasional mythical npc that you can't afford to miss, or the really good base your legion's about to take down. Having the time to slowly guide the members in your legion, and to chat and get to know more and more people in the game, I find fun in that. People quit because they find it boring. People quit because they go through it as a mundane, meditative task, thinking it's a shortcut to power.

If you want a strong ship, take heed of Toastars words. If you have your own reasons, like what I see Levrosh padding up his stats, feel free to continue. That's all I'm saying.

P.S. Yes, I do have a Rift, badly badly made though, foolish mistake. It's barely better than my dyson. Ah well. While I'm wandering about in this freeze ranking business I will just wait for two natural dysons, however rare they are.

BTW Toastar, you clearly assume that freeze rankers will burst into the high ranks without any progress whatsoever. If you were to hand me several thousand GPs and boost me up to the 2000s now, I will definitely be the weakest one around that rank, but that's not gonna happen. Slow rankers take their own sweet slow pace to get there, every rank is taken care of in detail, every rank carries more improvement than the regular ranker in 5 ranks. Why do you keep thinking that I will remain as weak as I am at higher ranks when I've always spoken about relative rank power? Will this relativity not remain as I proceed higher? If I could harness so much at this rank, how much would I harness at the higher ranks? The equivalent of everyone else at the very least, don't you think? Food for thought.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:53 am

700 raids and counting

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 pm

700+ kills,

All Dom III's are now in my cargo hold

Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:23 pm

nice progress, mind posting your stats and productions?

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Just about too.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Just hit rank 70, waiting for buffs to go off so's I can post unbuffed stats.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Levrosh wrote:

What's your current stats and buffs on?

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

TimeManipulator wrote:
Levrosh wrote:

What's your current stats and buffs on?

Problem is, I also have DEbuffs on. :P

KVT

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next