View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Organized Legions 

Other than DOO what organized legions are there? I know a lot of people have a problem with DOO and their methods so I am wondering if anyone has offered an alternative.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 am
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
Other than DOO what organized legions are there? I know a lot of people have a problem with DOO and their methods so I am wondering if anyone has offered an alternative.

Easy answer.. Go build one.. We need more organizations. :( I simply don't understand the lack of leadership in GL that would spur more organizations. I hope that massive scale NPC encounters requiring 25+ players would encourage the birth of organizations.. Also, the introduction of in-game fleet or guild system would encourage it..

This reminds me of Microsoft or USA.. Once they are on top, they are prime for criticism or target. It's very normal and I fully expect that, heh. :) It wasn't intentional for DOO to monopolize everything and be only most active, functional organization (We kick out inactive players by the way to keep activity level very high) in GL.. I have decades of experience including leadership role in MMO. When I first joined GL, I saw no existing organization so Matt(Krauzen) and I had to build one so players can finally have organization to go to..

Since there are lack of organizations in GL, any players who want to join one who can take down any kind of NPCs encounters easy and also enjoy the powerful protection under the wing of DOO against any aggressors.. Join my organization: DOO. We seek good communicative, mature, active players who don't have multi-accounts (I HATE multi-account players who exploit GL)

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Easy answer.. Go build one.. We need more organizations. :( I simply don't understand the lack of leadership in GL that would spur more organizations. I hope that massive scale NPC encounters requiring 25+ players would encourage the birth of organizations.. Also, the introduction of in-game fleet or guild system would encourage it..

Actually, one of the reasons I like Castle Age's massive NPCs is because you don't need an organization. You post a Call To Arms, it is on your wall so anyone can click it, you can post it in the forums, etc. Everyone who helps gets loot. Very few of these giant groups squishing other people with over-powered 'friends'. For the most part, everyone has the same chance as everyone else.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:03 pm

It wasn't intentional for DOO to monopolize everything and be only most active,

So do soemthing about it.
(I HATE multi-account players who exploit GL)

lolwut?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 475&ref=ts

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm guessing Nocifer and some other people had to work pretty hard to create DOO and to get it rolling. I have a lot respect for that. It has, of course, become a menace at this point though. People all have to jump on the winners' bandwagon or die. I would hope the whole "yearning for utter domination" aspect of these type of games would be something that someone would want to do for themselves. I tried to create a group but I've come to the conclusion that the only way it could be competitive with DOO would be if I jumped in a time machine and created it months earlier. I'm guessing the founding members of DOO were as big of noobs as anyone when it was founded. Time has changed that part at least. I don't really understand why people that are rather powerful and self-sufficient already would actually want to join up with them though. It seems like the opposite of competition or having one's own will. It also contributes to certain game-balance issues in negative ways. The stated objectives of the group are rather hypocritical when compared to how they actually work in action.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Corthordin, I would almost start a legion just to invite you. You crack me up.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm
Profile WWW

Unfortunately everyone hates all groups equally

(cothordin)

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Kaos wrote:
Corthordin, I would almost start a legion just to invite you. You crack me up.

:lol: Ditto!

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Cothordin wrote:
It wasn't intentional for DOO to monopolize everything and be only most active,

So do soemthing about it.
(I HATE multi-account players who exploit GL)

lolwut?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 475&ref=ts

Yep, orion bank isn't what I like and support but that's one of administration officers who owns it and had big crave to help DOO on banking system. I allowed that simply because it doesn't abuse the combat mechanics of the GL that I kept facing multi-account players who had 10+ accounts to fight. That was one of major reasons why I went ahead and built the organization to counter that... When I first joined GL last May 2010, I was only new player who immediately got ganged up by player with 6 different acounts and got killed over 10 times. I tried to talk him out of it but he kept at it simply cuz he liked it so I got determined to get strong fast and have team to counter that..

Orion bank was introduced merely out of convience to give nice artifacts to young DOO players that we DOO veterans like to spoil.. It has nothing to do with altering combat or gain unfair advantage over anyone else.. I don't tolerate any DOO members who use 2nd account to support their primary account for combat or exploit GL mechanics. It is cheating.. I wouldn't think Orion Bank is exploitive and it is a benefit instead for new DOO players to help them to prosper well.. After all, lot of FB games with in-game guild system have their own guild bank. GL didn't have that. Once GL has it, Orion bank easily will be disbanded for sure.. If Orion bank got banned, that's fine with me simply because its not my alt account (heck, I don't have any alt accounts cuz I don't believe in them and I love real challenges.. Alt accounts only cheapens the challenge). In fact, DOO can function just fine without Orion bank but that will only make new , low level rank players weaker.

Heh, Its too hard to restrict monopoly if lot of active, high ranked players wanted to join DOO and they wanted to expand their territories.. I simply can't say no to any mature, active recruits wanting to be part of DOO. DOO is quite popular at this time.. Only way to stop the monopoly is to introduce new organizations OR I become total asshat and damage DOO reputation badly (I don't do that cuz it's not me). There are lot of very, very eagered DOO members wanting to help DOO in many ways and I welcome their contributions. It's rather silly to tell them no just for monopoly's sake.. I think that DOO is now controlling about 50% of galaxy leaderboard. I couldn't help it cuz we only keep active players in and kick out inactive ones. Those active players happen to keep playing and playing and they have strong motivation to be in top 8 of any branches and I fully encourage them simply because once they have incentive, they will play to help GL AND also to DOO at the same time. I'm fully certain that developer wants players to be more motivated to play GL. I provide that incentive and motivation to DOO players.. I welcome any non-DOO players to join so they can feel more motivated.. I'm motivational player. I'm sorry for who I am..

I fully expect that someday for some GL mechanics that finally weaken DOO hold on monopoly and I already have plans to adapt to new systems due to the nature of MMO games that ALWAYS change so I must make DOO adaptive to any changes. I plan many things well ahead of time. It's just my nature.. I even anticipated NPC system months before and designed my ship for it well ahead of time.. so go on..

Hey, Coth.. I totally understand your position if I'm in your shoes. ;) I would feel the same if I see someone like that..

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:27 pm

SpoonyJank wrote:
I'm guessing Nocifer and some other people had to work pretty hard to create DOO and to get it rolling. I have a lot respect for that. It has, of course, become a menace at this point though. People all have to jump on the winners' bandwagon or die. I would hope the whole "yearning for utter domination" aspect of these type of games would be something that someone would want to do for themselves. I tried to create a group but I've come to the conclusion that the only way it could be competitive with DOO would be if I jumped in a time machine and created it months earlier. I'm guessing the founding members of DOO were as big of noobs as anyone when it was founded. Time has changed that part at least. I don't really understand why people that are rather powerful and self-sufficient already would actually want to join up with them though. It seems like the opposite of competition or having one's own will. It also contributes to certain game-balance issues in negative ways. The stated objectives of the group are rather hypocritical when compared to how they actually work in action.

Heh. I had founded and led many guilds in several MMOs and they are almost always top 5 of any servers. Whenever I move on to other MMO and gave leadership to new ones, they sometimes stayed on top or die.. Sad but true. I also established a guild way late in a MMO (2nd year) and became one of poweful guild simply because I had negotiated and gobbled up lot of failed guilds and re-integrated them into my guild simply because their leadership system were horrible. Players really need decent administration system.

But, I could imagine that starting up organization in GL could be difficult due to low player base or lack of in-game guild system. Look at Gear Quest, it is so much easier to start up new guild there due to in-game guild system..

I never forget that when STO came out, I quickly founded the fleet (It is 1st Alpha Quadrant under http://www.firstalphaquadrant.com and yes it's me who found it and led it) and it became one of most powerful fleet in entire STO with max 500 members along with 1 sister fleet and we constantly tried to keep activity level high by kicking out lot of inactives and recruited active ones only to see them become inactive simply due to STO unattractive factors that turned off so many players. I finally transferred my leadership to two 1AQ fleet executive officers last May simply cuz my time became very restrictive due to awesome real-life projects I am working on for NASA. I hope 1AQ can continue to be strong and competitive while I'm gone. Looks like they still do due to largest % of RA5 in our fleet. My most memorial time that really helped to propel 1AQ status as powerful fleet is end of 1 month trial period that I fully expected to see huge turnover from many dying fleets so we sent out to mass-recruit and gobbled up so many dead fleets into our fleet and start to weed out bad ones. It's very important to anticipate for any incoming changes and prepare for it, that way fleet can adapt and get strong well.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Well joining a group is the easiest way to level quickly when you can be gifted relatively insane amounts of minerals/credits at a low level. I think it changes the game a bit but it is also certainly one of the biggest draws for people to join a group. I don't think it will destroy the game. There are ways for Dan to mitigate the negative effects without doing away with trade altogether. The negative aspects haven't really fully manifested yet. I think it is a good thing for newer players to be able to catch up really. The frustrating part is when it seems to help the most powerful people in the game get even further ahead though.

The group I tried to create isn't exactly a smash hit. We don't really have a base of experienced players that want to contribute. I will feel pretty silly if I'm the only person posting anything. I've tried to theme it in ways to attract people. It's changed a few times and I will probably change the description again once I feel up to it. It started off with some half-cocked idea about mass-hacking. I sort of gave up on that ever happening. As it is now, it is just a group trying to be like DOO (as far as I know) with what I would consider a slightly more cohesive ideology of "evil". Something to "bring balance to the force" and make it possible to PVP without fear of overzealous retribution in some kind of nuclear deterrent kind of way. That seemed to be another pipe dream. I thought an understood hatred of DOO might attract some members, but the (fictional) ideology of evil and praise of PVP for its own sake has pretty much cast the group in a similar negative light. I just wanted to create something that wasn't hypocritical, because that is usually what I find to be the most annoying aspect of any game-organization. If they want to pretend to be the good guys I can easily pretend to be the bad guy. I'm starting to think the only thing that would attract members would be to make it, pretty much, just an anti-DOO group. DOO can't really do any more to me than they already have, but they have a way of finding other TDS members to single out.

The majority of the "officers" of DOO like to gang up on me in the game even when I don't actually do anything to them, or usually anybody. The only thing that stopped my name from ping-ponging all over the game was the last update. I could start it back up pretty easily and certainly waste a lot of people's resources. I like holding onto my own resources more than wasting 10x that amount of other people's though. They initiated the mass-hack idea I had on yours truly. The consequences weren't so bad. I took the time to actually figure out that was the case beforehand. Sort of insulting to have hypocrisy shoved down my throat though. More than that, these people often act like twits and leave rude remarks on your comm. I don't really have any reason to not defame DOO and I'm guessing there are more than a few people that would take a lot fewer attacks a lot more personally. I'm guessing a lot of them suck it up and just join DOO but I would consider that a cop-out. Part of what makes the game fun is NOT being in DOO and not having to kiss someone's ass because you failed a hack a month ago because someone has a napoleon complex. I make it a point to not be rude and try to explain to people why they are being ridiculous. The only thing that makes sense though is defaming DOO and explaining why some of what they are doing is messing up a lot of aspects of the game and that 90% of what they do is ridiculously hypocritical.

If TDS were an anti-DOO group it would at least have the advantage of being able to single out people on the kills list. I wish just a few active higher-levels would join and help get the ball rolling.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 pm

No threadjacking, this is not a thread about DOO.

What other organized legions are there?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm
Profile WWW

Spoonyjank's Dark Side. I've heard of a third, but I'm not sure it actually exists.

Last edited by tk3 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Stormkyn Alliance. They are nice. Too nice. It's scary. I haven't looked at their group in a long time, but they were actually somewhat active last time I checked.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks spoony! You saved me a lot of forum searching...

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Stormkyn Alliance
The Dark Side
Disciples of the Orion

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Pfft. F those other groups. Join The Dark Side... it's a err uhh farming group... yeah, a farming group where we try to bring balance to the force in our spare time by taking down the evil empire of professed goodness... help fix the game through the threat of mutually assured destruction. Lets bring PVP back into fashion. It's fun. The force must be kept in balance... Administrators/content needed.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 pm

How do you actually use hypertext with this non-html nonsense? I only know how use the actual link addresses for links.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:59 pm

You guys mentioned another one, this was all I could find

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103643303023150&ref=ts

Ok, so DOO are the big guys, Dark Side are exactly that, what is the Stormkyn Alliance? Is there one of there reps lurking around? Are there any Paladins of galaxy legion around?

I have been going back and forth about joining and just haven't found one I like enough to do it.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

I booted that multi-accounter whose planet you took. I made a DOO officer an officer in TDS and named them "Count DOO-ku". I took hacking out of the group description. I think I'm starting to understand how to manage a group without being the only person that posts anything.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next