View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Someone defriends you and steals your planet? 

LT Smash wrote:
SpoonyJank wrote:
Well it IS the only way to avoid DOO if you want to PVP... by ironically bullying. Unless you actually join DOO... then you can ironically bully at will.

What ever the hell DOO is don't know, But for your information I happen to be a LOWER LEVEL so, it makes me feel indestructible to kill some thing. If you want to criticize for no reason because YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER. If you said that to my face I would punch your friggn lights out. For calling me a bully, yeah that's why.

DOO is "Disciples Of Orion" there an organization of players that feel its perfectly ok to obliterate anyone who does any level of aggression towards any of their members.
As for being a lower level, thats situational and usually dosnt matter.
As for being a bully if your beating up on those that cant fight back you are a bully.
As for hiding behind a computer, what are you using to threaten us?
As for saying to your face+punching "my lights out", I have a baseball bat. I win. Bonk!

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:26 am

Cothordin wrote:
LT Smash wrote:
SpoonyJank wrote:
Well it IS the only way to avoid DOO if you want to PVP... by ironically bullying. Unless you actually join DOO... then you can ironically bully at will.

What ever the hell DOO is don't know, But for your information I happen to be a LOWER LEVEL so, it makes me feel indestructible to kill some thing. If you want to criticize for no reason because YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER. If you said that to my face I would punch your friggn lights out. For calling me a bully, yeah that's why.

DOO is "Disciples Of Orion" there an organization of players that feel its perfectly ok to obliterate anyone who does any level of aggression towards any of their members.
As for being a bully if your beating up on those that cant fight back you are a bully.
As for saying to your face+punching "my lights out", I have a baseball bat. I win. Bonk!

I wasn't talking to you, "threatening us"? it means he had a right to be a ass because he was safe behind his computer. If he wasn't I would have punched his lights out. What your saying doesn't really help AT ALL and who in Sam-hell do you think you are saying crap like that?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:36 am

Im his, dare I say it,"Friend"...... damn...that hurt a little.....As well as a veteran in this game.

You dont need to be so aggressive in here, the main point of a forums is to discuss. And part of discussing is defaming other's ideas.

The main reason why i did that though was because he never criticized you. You just sorta misinterpreted what he said and screamed at him.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:41 am

Cothordin wrote:
Im his, dare I say it,"Friend"...... damn...that hurt a little.....As well as a veteran in this game.

You dont need to be so aggressive in here, the main point of a forums is to discuss. And part of discussing is defaming other's ideas.

The main reason why i did that though was because he never criticized you. You just sorta misinterpreted what he said and screamed at him.

My bad

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:42 am

LT Smash wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

My bad

No worries, it happens.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:44 am

ugh. Just don't give them your research planets for credits. It is one of several ways they are ruining the game.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 am

SpoonyJank wrote:
ugh. Just don't give them your research planets for credits. It is one of several ways they are ruining the game.

Wait..what?!? People are ACTUALLY giving DOO research planets for credits?!? Is DOO soliciting the offers? It makes me think of the Russian Mafia...

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:39 pm

They have a pretty active commerce in planet sharing. Basically any low level can get enough credits where they won't need a mining planet for 30+ levels allowing that person to focus even more on just research planets (and artifact planets to some degree). It has the potential to upset the balance of anything you might find when you scan. That, and even if your research planet is scanned by someone to low of a level to take it, you can still expect it to disappear if someone 'paid' for it.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Ugh. Even more reason to cloak up!

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:08 pm

BTW, I'll pay 30-50 kurenite for the location of any gaseous planet that is rich or better. I'm not a very high level, so you can probably get a better deal. I have all my slots full so it might take a few days for me to be ready.

Basically, I don't like the concept, but I'd be a fool to not to do it myself. It makes those that are already powerful even more so and helps to ruin the chances of successfully getting ahead in the game by yourself.

For the record, the guy that wanted to beat me up (for some reason) hi-jacked the thread before I did.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 pm

I must be missing a lot of things still in this game.

I have never heard of an offer for a planet.

1.) How do I tell you the location of a planet? Do I have to add you as a friend and then plan a time to alert my legion when you are ready for it?

2.) How do you know you will get paid the kurenite you have been promised?

3.) Why is a gas planet with rich research worth more to you than any planet type with rich research?

There may be very good valid answers to all of these questions, and I am always interested in learning. One of the things that I am not a fan of is the fact that all planets are equal. To me it would seem that on a small exotic planet that is rich in minerals, you should have a better chance of getting certain minerals (rare minerals) than you would on a small baron planet that is rich in minerals. But at least in my experience, that is not the case. But your specific request of a gas planet makes me think you know something that I don't.

Sorry to all that I am helping to continue this off topic discussion, but I have been entertained on this thread, and then this question arose.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 pm

P.S. I only ask out of curiosity, I have no gas planets that are rich, although I have an abundance of massive and very massive gas planets that are abundant, very abundant and extremely abundant just lying around.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:08 pm

axl8008 wrote:
I must be missing a lot of things still in this game.

I have never heard of an offer for a planet.

1.) How do I tell you the location of a planet? Do I have to add you as a friend and then plan a time to alert my legion when you are ready for it?

2.) How do you know you will get paid the kurenite you have been promised?

3.) Why is a gas planet with rich research worth more to you than any planet type with rich research?

There may be very good valid answers to all of these questions, and I am always interested in learning. One of the things that I am not a fan of is the fact that all planets are equal. To me it would seem that on a small exotic planet that is rich in minerals, you should have a better chance of getting certain minerals (rare minerals) than you would on a small baron planet that is rich in minerals. But at least in my experience, that is not the case. But your specific request of a gas planet makes me think you know something that I don't.

Sorry to all that I am helping to continue this off topic discussion, but I have been entertained on this thread, and then this question arose.

1) you basically tell me when you are going to use the "reserved don't colonize" share so I can hopefully take it before someone else swipes it.

2) You don't. I can pay up front though.

3) Gas planets are only very large or bigger. I would probably take another type of research planet if it were equivalent.

The only thing weird I've heard from getting planets is that exotics can make you find more exotic matter. I'm not sure if I believe it though. Better minerals come from levelling up in general.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:22 pm

SpoonyJank wrote:
3) Gas planets are only very large or bigger. I would probably take another type of research planet if it were equivalent.

Incorrect. I have have Large Gas planet in my list:

Fearmes, Large Gas Planet (Uncommon), Abundant research. Already owned, but not by me.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:32 am

I've got 2 Massive, Extremely Sparse gas planets. they are both yellow.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:27 am

Cothordin wrote:
LT Smash wrote:
SpoonyJank wrote:

What good is an Alliance that doesn't punish people who attack it's members? It sounds like DOO is doing exactly what it is supposed to...make people think twice about $#@(&^ with any of them.

In fact, that's exactly right.

I am in DOO. I don't pick on newbs and random people...but I check the board and alerts and pummel people who have an alert on them (as long as they are near my level...i dislike blasting people 30 levels under me and such).

Regards,
Helmet

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Helmet its great that you dont just rush in and look to see if the opponent has a chance but, between the stampeding the the other 100 members that dont just rush in. DOO is still a major problem.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Helmet wrote:
Cothordin wrote:
*snip*

What good is an Alliance that doesn't punish people who attack it's members? It sounds like DOO is doing exactly what it is supposed to...make people think twice about $#@(&^ with any of them.*snip*

I agree with Cothordin, here is the reason. How are you supposed to know that the guy you are disabling, hacking, raiding, invading is a member of DOO? You dont. Even though some of the guys who attack guys in DOO are actual jerks who have disabled 500, hacked 400 people, raided 100, and invaded 30, but most of us are innocent and are only trying to meet the requirements for a mission(like me).
Edited for more realistic example, BTW, those stats are a lot like Nocifers stats, and I like disabling people with stats like that. Actually, nocifer has 700 kills, 1000 hacks, 64 raids, 12 invasions, and 11445 battles

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Here is something funny, the original subject of this thread was accepted into a legion and is now a proud DOO member.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 am
Profile WWW

He is an admitted multi-account user BTW. That was the only reason he considered it stealing if I remember right. I kicked him out of the dark side. I'm guessing Nocifer will do the same. I feel kinda bad for the guy, but oh well.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next